Old Navy's Fall '06 GTG

Bookerdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI - BLACK
Old Navy said:
I would like to see all MAJOR work done by 6 PM (or close there about's) not 2 am again. :eek:

The guys could do 4 TB jobs if all parts are present for the jobs, and no problems pop up. They could do two at a time if one car is backed in, so as the guys don't bump elbo's. So I will eave it up to Bruce and Glen to make the final decision. :D
Agreed on that! I'll be sure to be down nice and early if it is a go. I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't be all that happy with me rolling back in at 5am.

There's a KK right at my entrance to I-55. :D

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
B100?

vented and with a 5gal jug in the trunk, i have about a 1000 mile range now, but it's 525 miles from Omaha down to Poplar Bluff. i suppose i could always buy another 5gal jug, but it might be easier if there were just a B100 retailer somewhere along the way.

so anyone know where i can get B100 between Omaha and Poplar Bluff? while i fully support homebrewing, i'm not currently comfortable putting anything that is not ASTM spec into my tank, so i'm looking for an actual retailer. thanks.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
MrErlo said:
vented and with a 5gal jug in the trunk, i have about a 1000 mile range now, but it's 525 miles from Omaha down to Poplar Bluff. i suppose i could always buy another 5gal jug, but it might be easier if there were just a B100 retailer somewhere along the way.

so anyone know where i can get B100 between Omaha and Poplar Bluff? while i fully support homebrewing, i'm not currently comfortable putting anything that is not ASTM spec into my tank, so i'm looking for an actual retailer. thanks.
Below are a couple of links to BioDiesel in MO:

http://www.mosoy.org/db/sort_city.asp

http://www.biodiesel.org/buyingbiodiesel/retailfuelingsites/showstate.asp?st=MO

Some of the MFA listed stations may have B100 even though it's not listed. Good luck.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Directions & Phone numbers

Here are the local motel phone numbers for those needing lodging and directions to the house.

Comfort Inn 800-228-5150

The Bluff Inn 573-785-7711

Holiday Inn 573-776-1200

Drury Peartree Inn 800-325-8300

Super 8 Motel 800-800-8000

Here are the directions for those who need them.

If you are coming from St Louis take I-55 South to Festus/Crystal City area, (exit 174 I think) then take 67 South about 120 miles to Poplar Bluff. Stay on 67 business/ Westwood Blvd, do not take any exits. About 3/4 mile passed the Dodge dealer; you will come to your first stop light. Take a left at that first light onto Katy Lane. Go up and over the hill at this point Katy lanes becomes Barron Road. Continue on Barron Rd to the first stop sign, (about 2.0 miles) then turn left onto Main St and go up over the hill to first stop sign (about 0.3 miles), then turn right onto Wilcox Road. Take Wilcox Road up over the hill (about 0.2 mile's) and at the first street to the right, (there is a yellow sign with arrows pointing left and right) turn right onto Avondale. Go past one house to the first street to the right and turn right. We are second house on the left. Look for gaggle of VW's and a White Dodge Magnum.

If coming south from IL, the NE area of the US, or SE area of US such as Memphis, take I-57 to US 60, and US 60 to Poplar Bluff, and if coming by I-55 go to the I-55 and US 60 interchange at Sikeston MO. Take the 60 West exit to Poplar Bluff, approx 52 miles. At the second Poplar Bluff exit take the second exit for business 67S/Westwood Blvd. Once on business 67S you will pass the local Dodge/Jeep dealer, proceed about 3/4 mile passed the Dodge dealer till you come to your first stop light. Take a left at that first light onto Katy Lane. Go up and over the hill, at this point Katy lanes becomes Barron Road. Continue on Barron Rd to the first stop sign, (about 2.0 miles) then turn left onto Main St and go up over the hill to first stop sign (about 0.3 miles), then turn right onto Wilcox Road. Take Wilcox Road up over the hill (about 0.2 mile's) and at the first street to the right, (there is a yellow sign with arrows pointing left and right) turn right onto Avondale. Go past one house to the first street to the right and turn right. We are second house on the left. Look for gaggle of VW's and a White Dodge Magnum.

If coming in from the south of town on Hwy 67N (as some of you AR boys are) Take the 3rd Poplar Bluff exit. You will see the local Dodge/Jeep dealer on your right at this off ramp, proceed about 3/4 mile passed the Dodge dealer on Business 67S/Westwood Blvd till you come to your first stop light. Take a left at that first light onto Katy Lane. Go up and over the hill at this point Katy Lane becomes Barron Road. Continue on Barron Rd to the first stop sign, (about 2.0 miles) then turn left onto Main St and go up over the hill to first stop sign (about 0.3 miles), then turn right onto Wilcox Road. Take Wilcox Road up over the hill (about 0.2 mile's) and at the first street to the right, (there is a yellow sign with arrows pointing left and right) turn right onto Avondale. Go past one house to the first street to the right and turn right. We are second house on the left. Look for gaggle of VW's and a white Dodge Magnum.

If coming in from the west, go to Springfield MO, and from there take US Highway 60 E to Poplar Bluff. It is all 4 lanes except about 30 miles of the 190 miles to Poplar Bluff. You will take Hwy 60 W to the intersection of 60 and 67 at that point you will take the first exit (60E and 67S) and head south about 8 miles. You will come to an interchange, do not take any exits. You will pass the local Dodge and Jeep dealer, proceed about 3/4 mile passed the Dodge dealer, till you come to your first stop light. Take a left at that first light onto Katy Lane. Go up and over the hill at this point Katy lanes becomes Barron Road. Continue on Barron Rd to the first stop sign, (about 2.0 miles) then turn left onto Main St and go up over the hill to first stop sign (about 0.3 miles), then turn right onto Wilcox Road. Take Wilcox Road up over the hill (about 0.2 mile's) and at the first street to the right, (there is a yellow sign with arrows pointing left and right) turn right onto Avondale. Go past one house to the first street to the right and turn right. We are second house on the left. Look for gaggle of VW's and a White Dodge Magnum.

For those coming in at the north side of the town (everyone should be) and going straight to the motel, go past the first light and the Super8 is on the right, next to the McDonald's and you can turn into the McD's (easiest way) lot to get to Super8. Holiday inn is on the right about 1/8th mile past the McD's. The Drury and Comfort Inn motels are 1/4 mile down the road about on the left. The Bluff Inn is about 1/10th mile passed the Drury and Comfort Inn's on the opposite side of Westwood Blvd/67Business.

If you have any questions just ask.

Home phone is 573-686-8868

Cell 573-200-0908

Remember KK donuts are always welcome. :D

36*47'01 N by 090*23'42W is GPS of my BIG recliner.

2610 W Avondale Poplar Bluff, MO 63901

Last edited:

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
For those that has been here before and those who have not but have copied the directions, the city has recently removed one stop sign from Barron Road. I have made changes to the directions to reflect that change.

TDI'watcher

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS 4A Black on Black
Has anyone coming done a metal skid plate install? I hear they are not complicated, just a pita for one person alone. My TDI PO removed the plastic skid cover but I was certain I was getting a plate before winter anyways.

Maybe have it drop shipped to avoid taking up trunk space (if it even fit) a few weeks in advance?

Any solid commitment from Jeff?

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
jeff?

i'd also like to know if there is a soild commitment from Jeff. if he's not going to be available, i'll need to make other plans to get my ECU to him. thanks.

mcolmsted

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta Wagon
camping?

Are there any places around for camping? We prefer the great outdoors to a stuffy hotel room, especially in October. :D

Courtney

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
i agree. i appreciate the list of hotels, but since i'll only be staying friday night then meeting people in St Louis on saturday night, i think i can handle a tent for 1 night. i'd much rather put that $40 worth of hotel room into a .681 5th gear or VR6/G60.

mcolmsted

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta Wagon
parts requirement for TB change

I'm trying to make sure I bring ALL of the correct parts for my TB change, and I think I need some clarification. :eek: It's been awhile since we did a TB change.
For an A4 TB change, I have a few options for ordering from Dieselgeek. I can order the deluxe kit with all rollers, water pump, etc. I can also order the standard kit with only the TB (plus bolts, etc., but no water pump, rollers, etc.) and add on a roller kit if so desired. From Glen's requirements for the B4, I assume I need the roller kit plus the TB kit. Any advice as to whether it would be most cost-effective to just go ahead and order the deluxe kit with the water pump versus the individual TB and roller kits?

Courtney

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
If it were me, I would go with the Deluxe kit, that way everything that needs changed is changed.

Especially since I have seen several plastic wheel water pumps strip out.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
mcolmsted said:
Are there any places around for camping? We prefer the great outdoors to a stuffy hotel room, especially in October. :D

Courtney
I will check tomorrow, but the RV camp ground 2 miles north of town may be a KOA and allow tents. Will get back with details tomorrow.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
TDI'watcher said:
Has anyone coming done a metal skid plate install? I hear they are not complicated, just a pita for one person alone. My TDI PO removed the plastic skid cover but I was certain I was getting a plate before winter anyways.

Maybe have it drop shipped to avoid taking up trunk space (if it even fit) a few weeks in advance?

Any solid commitment from Jeff?
Ummm, maybe ;)

http://cincitdi.com/richc/panzerplate.html

You need apple quicktime 7.0 or greater to view.

KS97Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat sedan, 1997, maroon, 129k mi.
I'm coming too

I'm looking forward to the GTG. It'l be my first. I've had a TDI for 18 mos. Old Navy, is parking of any concern?

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
KS97Passat said:
I'm looking forward to the GTG. It'l be my first. I've had a TDI for 18 mos. Old Navy, is parking of any concern?
The most we have had here is 20+ cars at one time and it didn't create a problem.

If worse case happens and no tent camping allowed at the camp grounds, you can pitch a tent in back yard and fight the cats, opossums, and 'coons for your sleeping bag. :eek: ;) There will be a porta potty (john or can to others) on the lot by Friday, so that with the garden hose it should make roughing it easy if this is required. :rolleyes: :D

However I will be checking on the camp ground thing later this am. :D

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Only pop-up trailer tents allowed at the local RV place. They have ground tent camping at the Lake Wappapello State Park Campground about 20 miles from here, but they have a 2 night minium. So if you want to pitch your tent out in the back yard, go for it, I can turn the yard light on for you. :D

Last edited:

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
split a hotel room?

Old Navy said:
So if you want to pitch your tent out in the back yard, go for it
another option.... anyone driving and TDI-ing by themselves? i think most hotel rooms are 2 beds, but that would cost half as much is you split it up. the best idea would be to simply have one person pay for a single, then have someone else meet them there, that would eliminate hassle for the night manager. ;)

anyone interested? i'm shooting to arrive later in the evening, probably around 11pm.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
MrErlo said:
another option.... anyone driving and TDI-ing by themselves? i think most hotel rooms are 2 beds, but that would cost half as much is you split it up. the best idea would be to simply have one person pay for a single, then have someone else meet them there, that would eliminate hassle for the night manager. ;)

anyone interested? i'm shooting to arrive later in the evening, probably around 11pm.
Don't get caught doing that at a motel, you will loose all discounts and be socked with the full undiscounted bill. But there are several who will be staying at local motels so you should have someone PM you about the room. :D

Nitrowolf

Veteran Member
TDI
White 2003 Jetta TDI
I may be coming up on my own, or not ... not sure yet. Really need a commitment from Jeff!

If there's no chipping going on, I'll probably be alone. If there's chipping, I'll probably have someone with me.

TDI'watcher

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI'watcher said:
What kind of bribery are we going to need to get Jeff there...?
I'm going to quote myself from earlier.
Do we have to send flowers? For a lonesome wife...
A signed David Hasselhoff poster?
Chocolate macadamia nuts?
Kona coffee?

If really something extra ordinary, I can work on geting some lutefisk ya know you betcha there... :rolleyes:

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
pretty please?

TDI'watcher said:
I can work on geting some lutefisk ya know you betcha there... :rolleyes:
i've had lutefisk, and i'm pretty sure it's not gonna bring him rushing in to do our chips. although, since the number of people we were trying to recruit was only 10 and we currently have 14... seems like we should be able to make this happen. we should probably just keep asking nicely. :rolleyes:

TDI'watcher

Veteran Member
TDI
MrErlo said:
i've had lutefisk
Well you have me beat. Though if I ever went up to northern MN for classic ice fishing I'm sure it would there being served.

I make a mean corned beef and cabbage.

/I hear to be "real" lutefisk, the dogs have to pee on the cask its being fermented/treated in. Mmmm lye.

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JSW(sold 2011) , 2009 JSW RIP 1-5-2013, 2011 JSW
That stuff is nasty, you think Filipinos had smelly fish, that lutefisk makes Filipinos fish taste like take cake.