Search results

1. Joe_Meehan

OEM Battery Maintenance

Just check it from time to time. Check the voltage and make sure all the cables are properly attached.
  2. Joe_Meehan

No BS additive

Why do you think you need an additive? After all there are additives in the gas you put in your car.
  3. Joe_Meehan

Headlamp switch FREE

I have had to sell my car due to Alzheimer's disease. I now have an OEM light switch that came with my 2002 TDI NB. If anyone needs one I would be happy to mail it to you (or you can pick it up if you are in the Hilliard Ohio area.) No charge. :)
  4. Joe_Meehan

Headlight Upgrade????

Once you venture into the land of after market parts, you can't be certain that what you are buying is the same design or quality of the OEMs. Some after market parts are fine, some may be better than OEM, but you need to do your own testing or find someone with experience with the exact same...
  5. Joe_Meehan

shifting issues until it warms up??

Have you replaced the transmission fluid? Did you use OEM or VW approved fluid?
  6. Joe_Meehan

Apologies - another fuel additive question

tdiarlasrt is correct and any reader should consider his comments. I should have pointed that out.
  7. Joe_Meehan

Anyone buy an extended warranty?

Some way or anther they are going to get more money out of you. If not why would they bother even telling you about it? Do you believe in the tooth fairy? :D
  8. Joe_Meehan

Dash lights out!

Remember that a bad ground is just as bad as a bad fuse .
  9. Joe_Meehan

Apologies - another fuel additive question

Many of us seldom if ever use any additive, while others never pass up a chance to use some. If you like to use additives, they are not likely to cause you any problems. If you never use an additive, chances are your car will never notice. Note, there are a few exceptions where an...
  10. Joe_Meehan

Low Beam bulb out

Also make sure you have a good ground.
  11. Joe_Meehan

40k maintenance

… You will usually do much better (both in cost and quality of work) by going to an independent shop that specializes in VWs. The TDUClub has a "Trusted Mechanics List" and there is one entry in Philly. You might want to call: I agree with Don. There are also several trusted mechanics in NJ...
  12. Joe_Meehan

Parking straight

You may do better if you back into that spot. It seems otherwise, but have quite a bit of experiencing parking cars back when I was a lot younger. It really is easier to back into a spot than to pull in. Good luck.
  13. Joe_Meehan

Accuracy of trip computer?

Any smart manufacturer will intentionally adjust it to indicate an optimistic number. They wisely know that there will be some cars that are too high and some too low. They don't want to be sued because you thought you were only going the speed limit but you were mislead and had an accident...
  14. Joe_Meehan

glow plug wiring harness

I haven't quite finished diagnosing the error code I keep getting (it's throwing a check engine light) but from what I have gathered thus far it's either the glow plugs themselves or the wiring harness. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a replacement harness from Volkswagen? Before...
  15. Joe_Meehan

glow plug wiring harness

I haven't quite finished diagnosing the error code I keep getting (it's throwing a check engine light) but from what I have gathered thus far it's either the glow plugs themselves or the wiring harness. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a replacement harness from Volkswagen? Maybe the...
  16. Joe_Meehan

fuel additives for dummies

You got it. :D
  17. Joe_Meehan

VW Jetta 1.9 TDI PD BEW short pre-glow period

My guess is you are looking at the wrong thing. Have you checked for possible compression problems?
  18. Joe_Meehan

MFD MPG not really accurate??!!

After a few law suites, manufacturers tend to be careful. They don't want to have your specific car to error in such a manner that properly inflated tyres are too high or low. Specifically the usual serious problem usually ends up. They also want to make sure that they don't want to have...
  19. Joe_Meehan

Fuel Additive suggestions?

Chances are you don't need any additive. Then again using a good additive is not likely to cause any problems.
  20. Joe_Meehan

yellow catalytic converter malfunction light, then flashing yellow coil light

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into...