Dash lights out!

keyfarms

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I've got my 2004 jetta tdi with auto and my dash back lights are all out, including instrument cluster and climate control buttons. I have been reading here and already checked both fuses in the panel #22 and 23, both are good, also all of my taillight bulbs are good. I've swapped out the headlight switch too. The next switch that I'm gonna try is the dimmer switch, but haven't yet. Any other ideas? Thanks. Allen

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
I would suspect the dimmer switch also, knowing the fuses are good.

Redneck Truck

Gone, but not forgotten
TDI
2008 Touareg V10, 2001 Audi TTQ Roadster TDI 6-speed, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 6-speed
I don't know if the fuse that powers the front side marker bumper lights is fuse #22 or 23, so check there, too. One of my bumper light sockets was gone and the wires touched together, blowing the fuse, and killing the dash lights.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
I don't know if the fuse that powers the front side marker bumper lights is fuse #22 or 23, so check there, too. One of my bumper light sockets was gone and the wires touched together, blowing the fuse, and killing the dash lights.
Yep, those are part of the right side/left side fuse #22/23 that include the dash backlights in the MkIV's. Nor sure about newer stuff.

keyfarms

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Thanks guys, while messing around the cigarette lighter plug they started back to working. Im gonna pull the shifter panel and check the power cord to the plug. I ve also got a spare dimmer switch but havent swapped yet.