40k maintenance

TimeTrap

TDI
2011 6M TDI
I'm sure this has been asked a few hundred times but I couldn't find my answer from a quick search of tdiclub. My local dealer quoted me ~$425 for my 40k maintenance. Does this sound right? I'm thinking I should just ask them to do an oil change (I have a 6-speed manual) and maybe only pay ~$100. Does anyone believe that $400 is worth all that they're checking? (I admit I'm suspicious of dealerships and have until I got a TDI have always avoided them.)

TimeTrap

TDI
2011 6M TDI
Thanks, TDiSkater. I think I'm going to try to play two dealerships off each other and see if I can get them down to something reasonable (~$350), and get it in writing.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
You will usually do much better (both in cost and quality of work) by going to an independent shop that specializes in VWs. The TDUClub has a "Trusted Mechanics List" and there is one entry in Philly. You might want to call:

Woodlawn Foreign Car Service Inc
454 W Woodlawn St, Philadelphia, PA
(215) 843-5939

There are also several trusted mechanics in NJ, if you don't mind a little drive.

Have Fun!

Don

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
… You will usually do much better (both in cost and quality of work) by going to an independent shop that specializes in VWs. The TDUClub has a "Trusted Mechanics List" and there is one entry in Philly. You might want to call:
I agree with Don.
There are also several trusted mechanics in NJ, if you don't mind a little drive.
Have Fun!
Don[/QUOTE]

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
That price is high because you do not need DSG service. For your 40k service you need is a oil and filter, fuel filter and cabin filter and air filter.

Last edited: