Old Navy's Fall '11 GTG The Last Hurrah!!!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Eric will be attending the Old Navy Last Hurrah! GTG. He's looking forward to it.

I made a commitment long ago that I would help Landon with his fall Asheville GTG. Unfortunately, it's the same weekend.

I hate that I will be missing this last Poplar Bluff GTG, but perhaps Eric can help to make up for it. If any of you have special needs that he can help with, please contact him directly. His username is korndawg. No timing belts, please.

Walt, stay well.......

Bruce

sassyrel

Veteran Member
TDI
passat,96,black-metalic
Eric will be attending the Old Navy Last Hurrah! GTG. He's looking forward to it.

I made a commitment long ago that I would help Landon with his fall Asheville GTG. Unfortunately, it's the same weekend.

I hate that I will be missing this last Poplar Bluff GTG, but perhaps Eric can help to make up for it. If any of you have special needs that he can help with, please contact him directly. His username is korndawg. No timing belts, please.

Walt, stay well.......

Bruce
i guess you know,,this SUCKS,considerably.............was looking forward,,,,see you somewhere in the future,my friend....

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Well three weeks till the GTG and I'm not chomping at the bit as in the past, guess I'm not looking forward to it ending. I just have to realize all good things come to an end, but that not much help.

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner

Walt, stay well.......

Bruce
you will be missed, at least you are sending Eric...

Well three weeks till the GTG and I'm not chomping at the bit as in the past, guess I'm not looking forward to it ending. I just have to realize all good things come to an end, but that not much help.
keep talking like that and we all will leave crying...
and not just from the gaseous emissions. :cool:

that or your posts will get too sentimental and no one will come. :eek:

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Walt, et al:

I got my motel reservations in order the other day, so Ian and I will definitely be making the run to PB again this year (sixth time in a row). Sorry to hear that Bruce has other commitments to honor, but it's always good to see Eric. Have you heard from Jerry Stringer? I can't imagine a ON GTG without him being there, but stranger things have happened. Looking forward to the GTG and seeing everyone again.

Dan

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Walt, et al:

I got my motel reservations in order the other day, so Ian and I will definitely be making the run to PB again this year (sixth time in a row). Sorry to hear that Bruce has other commitments to honor, but it's always good to see Eric. Have you heard from Jerry Stringer? I can't imagine a ON GTG without him being there, but stranger things have happened. Looking forward to the GTG and seeing everyone again.

Dan
Jerry is coming, and yes it would be strange without him. Eli will be glad to see Ian, having missed Ian last year. wonder if they will recognize each other. Two years at their age can mean big changes.

avaag

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1999.5 Green
Looking to be there for one last go round! Hope for the superb October weather to hold out for us one last time....

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
ON,

I'lll be there. I've promised two engine blocks for pickup, so that's going to happen.

See you then!

Danp

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
New but like to visit

Greetings,

I'm a new Golf TDI owner and would like to see the mods and tricks of the experienced members. Also like to get a rocketchip upgrade. Looks like Fred may be there. Anyone know for sure? If so will he be doing programming?
These cars are great! Handle and perform well ride like a sport.
Tried to email Fred, but, sounds like he's got his hands full.

I'm in the middle of a ground up restore/mod of a 79 Fiat Spider, I have some skills.

Thanks ahead for any responds!

Danp

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
Anyone interested in an Audi TT Brake swap set? (all you would need are spindles)

Greetings,

I'm a new Golf TDI owner and would like to see the mods and tricks of the experienced members. Also like to get a rocketchip upgrade. Looks like Fred may be there. Anyone know for sure? If so will he be doing programming?
Danp
Not sure Jeff from Rocketchip has been there in the past, but I have not seen a confirmation from him that he would be attending.
There is typically a gathering in Marysville OH a couple of times a year with John Hamilton and Jeff usually attends those gatherings.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Anyone feeling like a outing (Ryan's) for supper the night before??

The reason I ask is some have been doing that on occasions and got an email from xrailroader wanting to be here for one if any be up for the supper.

I think I can make it, I should be here in time.......;)

Anyone else? Jerry, Dan, Frank, how about you guys???

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Greetings,

I'm in the middle of a ground up restore/mod of a 79 Fiat Spider, I have some skills.

Thanks ahead for any responds!

Danp
Here's another GTG you should attend if you can make it on Nov.05 http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=329238

Jeff of RocketChip will be there, as well as a lot of other talented people.

df

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
OK, I'm in! I need to make my hotel reservation. I know nothing fo the area. Where are most of the out-of-towners staying at?

:)

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
OK, I'm in! I need to make my hotel reservation. I know nothing fo the area. Where are most of the out-of-towners staying at?

:)
The Comfort Inn seems to get most repeat business from the regulars. The Holiday Inn is only about 3 years old and very nice, and you pay for it unless you are a using them enough to have discount privileges.

Comfort Inn 800-228-5150

Bullwinkle's Rustic Lodge 573-778-3535

Holiday Inn 573-776-1200

Super 8 Motel 800-800-8000

jettalee

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta

The reason I ask is some have been doing that on occasions and got an email from xrailroader wanting to be here for one if any be up for the supper.

We'll be there for dinner, just let us know where and when!

Lee Ann and Bill

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
Anyone want to share a room? I WON'T have the kid this time! Just need a place (even a floor) to lay my head one or two nights depending on the plan.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Huh, thought I posted in this thread before.

Got the 14th off (gives enough time to drive down without being rushed), so I'll be there. :)

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this last ON event. It looks like some old names and new faces will be there.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
I'm sorry that I won't be able to make this last ON event. It looks like some old names and new faces will be there.
Sorry that you can't make it, was looking forward to the visit. But things come up that just can't be avoided, had it happen many times to me over the years thanks to USN, family, friends, and even health issues.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Wow!!!! It's been beautiful this week, sunny with low to mid 40's over night low by morning and low to mid 80's in afternoon with humidity by afternoon in 60% range.

Sure hope this weather holds for another 10 or so days.

Well the Nachos with French dressing was great for supper. :D

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"

Walt:

Ian and I would like to be able to join everyone for dinner the night before the GTG, however, we won't be leaving home until after 3PM on Friday and will not be getting into Poplar Bluff until sometime after 10PM. At that point it's pretty much lights out so we can get to your place bright and early Saturday morning.

Dan

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Frank, I need you to check out/balance my injectors if you have time.

I am getting an occasional light 'tick tick tick tick' upon start-up that goes away within 5sec. It could be thick old oil but I suspect that it has something to do with an injector. I'm not running the T4s anymore, I'm running new Titan 764's I installed myself on OLD injector bodies. Before I install my big turbo kit I'd like you to help verify that these injectors/bodies are in proper working order.

ON et. al., I'm not sure if I will actually be able to make it or not but I'm going to try. I have moved even further away, so I would be coming from Flint, MI this time. (686mi)

It would be an easy decision if I didn't have so much to do. I'll try and stay 2 steps ahead of my homework next week.

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Walt:

Ian and I would like to be able to join everyone for dinner the night before the GTG, however, we won't be leaving home until after 3PM on Friday and will not be getting into Poplar Bluff until sometime after 10PM. At that point it's pretty much lights out so we can get to your place bright and early Saturday morning.

Dan
Hey Dan sorry you can't get here sooner, but you just live too far away buddy. I'm kina of surprised you can get here by 10 Friday, what with Friday traffic heading south out of the Windy City.

The weather has been so nice here this week sure hope it holds out till after the weekend. Thinking I might string the Christmas lights this weekend before the good weather goes south.

jettalee

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta
And the countdown begins! A week from today we'll be the guest of Walt and Linda for the last time (or so they say!) I think they'll miss us too much and have to invite us back.

We'll be looking for someone with vag-com to clear a glow plug code and check out Smokey. He's 9 years old now and just turned 209,000 miles.

So what's the scoop on dinner Friday? Bill and I are driving in from Branson and can get there whenever necessary.

God bless,
Lee Ann

ChubsAuto

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2005 TDI Passat, 2003 Jetta Sedan
I plan on making it down this year for the last GTG, I have a vag-com I will be bringing incase anyone needs it. Last time I came I think I showed up a little before noon, Im gunna try and make it down a little earlier this year. Hope to see you all this upcoming weekend.