Search results

1. S

floor mats to fit 2014 golf/jetta wagon

after much sleuthing i can confirm that the Uguard 3D maxpider custom fit floor liners FL-9100bk1/bk2 will fit in a 2011-14 wagon. I prefer the fit and finish of the 3d over the weathertech as these are not slippery.
  2. S

2014 floor liners swap

I like the 3d maxpider floor liners, much nicer than the weathertech. but they are not available for the 2011-2014 golf or jetta sportwagon. i'm wondering if anyone has fitted 3d maxpider ( or for that matter any other brand ) of liners from a 2015 into a 2011-2014 golf?
  3. S

engine replacement other than bhw

has anyone dropped a newer common rail engine into ab5.5 passat to replace a blown bhw ? can it be done?
  4. S

replacement CV boots

due to a required replacement of a CV boot on my Golf, i wanted to see if and what the situation was on our jetta, (2015 tdi, DSG), from VW's parts website the boot isn't available separately. Has anyone encountered this and is this the real scope? thanks
  5. S

Climatronic clacking noise

recently started to occur, start the car with hvac system of, turn it on and we get a clacking noise, if the systems is on when the car starts it makes the noise right away, from the descriptions on line is likely a damper actuator, but which one and where are they located? I ran VCDS scan and...
  6. S

need a cargo area cover, will this fit?

i have a 2011 JSW/GSW without a cargo cover, there is a cover within a reasonable distance off a 2016 GSW. would it fit? (reasonable distance in this case is 6hrs driving time, I have found a direct fit 1500mi away which would require shipping)
  7. S

Next TDI, which VW to get?

So i am now on the hunt to replace a 2005 passat. i considered it my truck, go anywhere, haul anything. Can a 2010-2015 golf substitute for a 2005passat? I ask the question in regard to reliability, considering the PD engine vs the HPFP malarky and any other issued i haven't read about yet...
  8. S

camshaft replacement

So i've started reading through the process, from some of the info i have gleamed it looks straight forward, out with the old in with the new... but then i see a comment that the injectors need to be reset... dial gauge and fancy rotation process....:confused: Is everyone who replaces their...
  9. S

oil dipstick

another dumb question, on this car the dipstick tube is yellow but the dipstick head is orange. i think it has the wrong dipstick since the metal stick is quite narrow and the oil level is showing above the full line. could some one confirm the colour of your dipstick and tube? thanks
  10. S

new to me 2005 passat issues

bad news 1, when you push the pedal from a stop it take a noticeable delay before all of a sudden it jumps off like a scared rabbit. so search indicates that this was happening from new but i haven't found a solution. would an ecu flash deal with this, or is it possible that the trans is low...
  11. S

well, looks like i barely left and am now coming back again

sold our 05 passat tdi a month ago. and today my buddy set me up ( i didn't want it) to rescue an orphan 05tdi passat wagon 200k... orphan cause the previous owners considered it transportation, and it looks the part. its about the level of reliable and cheap that you could want, but id be much...
  12. S

FS; Cat filter adapter & 16" wheels

FS; 16" wheels $400 for the 16" wheels, Cat filter SOLD. best text at 306 two2zero 9fournine5
  13. S

remove hood-release panel

i ran a search with no results, i need to remove the drivers side kick panel with the dead pedal. how is it attached? any pictures? thanks
  14. S

remote starter no fob

Its always interesting to try and figure out what a previous owner was thinking. so it turns out that the 2015 jetta tdi i just bought was also equipped with an aftermarket remote start, but then the car was returned to vw as part of dieselgate, there is no fob for the remote start. I...
  15. S

2015 - 12v outlet in trunk missing?

just sold my 2005 passat, and bought this 15jetta and can't find a 12v in the trunk. looks like they been deleted. can anyone confirm? there are several reasons to want one; a) i use it to power the aircompresser, b) feed the trailer wiring converter for mandatory lighting, c) nice backup...
  16. S

car jacks up when shifting from N to D

funny thing i have now seen it in three different b5.5 sedans, when shifting from N to drive with your foot on the brake, the front end of the car lifts up. i thought is was a front engine mount, nope... so rear engine mount, or auto trans mount, my 1999 B5 with a manual never did this any...
  17. S

UOA water in oil

just got the test results back, and it shows water in the oil, there is no appreciable coolant drop, and there is no oil in the water any thoughts how to chase this down? when i get home i 'll post the results.
  18. S

FS Canada/Sask - B5 Passat euro HID lights

sold the car, lights still available. need new bulbs (D2S) $150.00 please respond by email [/URL] [/URL]
  19. S

can i reuse the axle bolt?

cv boot torn, turns out the dealer has no stock, parts source had kit but it does not include the axle bolt, back to dealer no bolts in stock, can I reuse the bolt? i have a number of bolts on my BMW bike which are also spec'd to a torque and then 180 additional twist and they are reused, i...
  20. S

B5.5 circulation heater hose routing connection points

so it was -18 this morning, i plugged the passat in at the office and came out at the end of the day to a cold car, guess the oilpan heater is toast, i did the last install of a zerostat heater in my 99 B5 but it was a 1.8t, i need to know: 1. what location on the engine to connect the inlet...