What did you do to your MK7 today?

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
I have deAutoKey in just about every place that I can in my MkVII and MkVI, I highly recommend the LED tail/turn/brake bulbs for the MkVII.

Their shipping is fast and customer support is excellent.
Thank you for the feedback.

We appreciate it.

Ruso Turisto

TDI
2015 MK7 Wagon Highline 6 speed MT
Thank you for the feedback.
We appreciate it.
Just got mine. They are excellent! However, the MK7 LED tail/turn/brake bulb set should be a set of 6, not 4. The set of four only covers city lights and break lights. Perhaps, the Wagon has a different configuration??? Will post pics when I get a chance.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Just got mine. They are excellent! However, the MK7 LED tail/turn/brake bulb set should be a set of 6, not 4. The set of four only covers city lights and break lights. Perhaps, the Wagon has a different configuration??? Will post pics when I get a chance.
Yeah, the wagon has an extra one on each side. I opened mine up and went back and forth with deAutoKey for quite some time to get the right quantity of each one.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI

Ruso Turisto

TDI

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
I got those, too. :)

My order from deautokey was:
2 x 4 pack brake / turn / rear fog lights
2 x reverse lights
2 x front turn signals (not the "super bright" ones that are coming out next month)
1 x cargo light assembly ( http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-vw-gti-entire-trunk-housing-bright-error-free-plug-and-play )
1 x 4-pack trim tool set

The cargo light assembly REALLY finishes the look. If you look at your wagon, all the interior lights EXCEPT the cargo area are the white LEDs.

I'm really happy with all of these. I've done some VCDS coding to increase light output (or so I tell myself), as the LED channels can go to 127, not just 100.

Ruso Turisto

TDI

2 x reverse lights
2 x front turn signals (not the "super bright" ones that are coming out next month)
1 x cargo light assembly ( http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-vw-gti-entire-trunk-housing-bright-error-free-plug-and-play )
1 x 4-pack trim tool set

The cargo light assembly REALLY finishes the look. If you look at your wagon, all the interior lights EXCEPT the cargo area are the white LEDs.

I'm really happy with all of these. I've done some VCDS coding to increase light output (or so I tell myself), as the LED channels can go to 127, not just 100.
you are on top of it! yeah, I got the cargo light assembly as well, took all of 10 seconds to change it, and the results are amazing to say the least. Pricey at $30USD, but totally worth it IMHO.

usmcracing

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Great!
I (personally) hate the look of the racks that have the bars extend out the sides -- if I was going this route, it would have had to be these: http://www.thule.com/en-us/ca/produ...n-one-racks/thule-aeroblade-edge-7502-_-7502a -- and I don't think those have the same amount of clearance as the ones you have.
I don't like the bars that hang out either and I did look at the AeroBlade that you linked. I was concerned with clearance with the sunroof and the cargo box clamps. With the Thule 450 mounts this bearly provides enough room, I am sure I could adjust the positioning but I don't the box too far forward.

Put fuel in the Golf for the first time with a total mileage on the car at 473 miles, only had 18 miles when I drove off the lot. Current avg MPG has been around 43.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
I don't like the bars that hang out either and I did look at the AeroBlade that you linked. I was concerned with clearance with the sunroof and the cargo box clamps. With the Thule 450 mounts this bearly provides enough room, I am sure I could adjust the positioning but I don't the box too far forward.
Put fuel in the Golf for the first time with a total mileage on the car at 473 miles, only had 18 miles when I drove off the lot. Current avg MPG has been around 43.
Yeah, that's what I figured. That's why I ended up going OEM -- the bars look pretty good, aren't noisy (at least not like my old school Yakima bars on the '03), and don't impede functionality (not to mention, don't stick out on the sides).

Is your 43 MPG calculated, or from the trip computer? I've found my trip computer to be 5-10% high compared to my fuel/odometer calculations...

usmcracing

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Yeah, that's what I figured. That's why I ended up going OEM -- the bars look pretty good, aren't noisy (at least not like my old school Yakima bars on the '03), and don't impede functionality (not to mention, don't stick out on the sides).
Is your 43 MPG calculated, or from the trip computer? I've found my trip computer to be 5-10% high compared to my fuel/odometer calculations...
The MPG avg is from the computer. I didn't fill up the first tank and the dealer didn't reset the trip after filling it up. This is my wife's car, my truck is a Tundra 4wd with the 5.7L and I avg 14 mpg mix city/highway. Her old 03 Jetta Wagen was getting around 43 mpg, so she's happy. We almost ended up with a Subi Outback, the dealer just didn't want to lower the price. We got the Golf Sportwagen SE for $500 over invoice.

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
Good to know! I just sent them an email to get me one more set of two. Plus decided to get these as well, was not too happy with stock output of reverse lights:
http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-bright-10pc-cree-led-reverse-kit-error-free-plug-play

2 x reverse lights
1 x 4-pack trim tool set

Thank you for the feedback, what is your email? We don't recall the Sportwagen having 6 LEDs, so we want to make a separate listing, we will get you set up with the other 2 you are missing.

Ruso Turisto

TDI
Yeah, the wagon has an extra one on each side. I opened mine up and went back and forth with deAutoKey for quite some time to get the right quantity of each one.
...and so it has started for me as well. The back and forth emails with deAutoKey. JSW vs GSW, the hatch vs the wagon,............ All I want is an extra set of two bulbs that I am willing to pay for. They have great products, but questionable customer service.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
I felt I was to blame for the back and forth.

Ultimately, they don't want dissatisfied customers -- imagine how you would have felt if they send you the wrong bulbs, or more than you needed (and you paid for them)?

I think it's an attempt at good customer service -- once they get their live chat functioning, that will go a long way... the issue is that e-mail "chats" can get tedious.

Also keep in mind that our cars are pretty dang new. We got the first one in Edmonton, and took delivery almost exactly two months ago. Also, the US calls them "Golf SportWagen" and Canada calls them "Golf Sportwagon"... at least the US is calling them Golfs now, too... previous generations were Jetta SportWagens.

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
...and so it has started for me as well. The back and forth emails with deAutoKey. JSW vs GSW, the hatch vs the wagon,............ All I want is an extra set of two bulbs that I am willing to pay for. They have great products, but questionable customer service.
The issue was the misunderstanding, we already sent the email to help before you wrote this. :( sorry again for the misunderstanding, we are not robots and the emails were a bit confusing as we never seen the GSW with 6 7440, it looks like 2 more 7440 are needed for each of the inner tails.

And there was a bit of confusion as we were looking at the GSW and the title said JSW so we figured the Canadian set up had a different name, we now understand it is all for the Golf/GTI Sportwagen, we will make a new listing now to avoid the confusion in the future.

Thank you for working with us and your patience.

I felt I was to blame for the back and forth.

Ultimately, they don't want dissatisfied customers -- imagine how you would have felt if they send you the wrong bulbs, or more than you needed (and you paid for them)?

I think it's an attempt at good customer service -- once they get their live chat functioning, that will go a long way... the issue is that e-mail "chats" can get tedious.

Also keep in mind that our cars are pretty dang new. We got the first one in Edmonton, and took delivery almost exactly two months ago. Also, the US calls them "Golf SportWagen" and Canada calls them "Golf Sportwagon"... at least the US is calling them Golfs now, too... previous generations were Jetta SportWagens.
Thank you for understanding, that is what we were just trying to explain, it looks like the fact that this was the new MK7 GSW was completely missed in the conversation.

Great photos too, I sent all info to them to post it using your photos.

Ruso Turisto

TDI
The issue was the misunderstanding, we already sent the email to help before you wrote this. :( sorry again for the misunderstanding, we are not robots and the emails were a bit confusing as we never seen the GSW with 6 7440, it looks like 2 more 7440 are needed for each of the inner tails.

And there was a bit of confusion as we were looking at the GSW and the title said JSW so we figured the Canadian set up had a different name, we now understand it is all for the Golf/GTI Sportwagen, we will make a new listing now to avoid the confusion in the future.

Thank you for working with us and your patience.

Thank you for understanding, that is what we were just trying to explain, it looks like the fact that this was the new MK7 GSW was completely missed in the conversation.

Great photos too, I sent all info to them to post it using your photos.
Thank you! Now we are the on the same page. :)

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI S, 6 spd man; 2017 Jetta SE TSI, 5 spd man
Installed my hidden hitch from etrailer. Looks nice, and only removed the rear valance to install it. I liked the roof racks until they clipped over the sides of the car (best was the mk4 setup for those), so now I'm going to try the hitch option with my little harbor freight trailer.

Ben

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Found a seat mod on Vortex and decided to try it out.
Made spacers to elevate the sear by 25 mm for better posture.
Must say what a difference in comfort with legs supported better.

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Installed replacement LED reverse lights from deAutoKey. Much brighter, and possibly the easiest install ever.

Ruso Turisto

TDI
Just installed 19" BBS CKs (19X8, et44) on 235/35r19 Conti's DWS. Very happy, no rubbing. Sorry for the crappy cell pics:

H&R springs next?

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
How is the upsize effecting mileage? I want my 18" Rse12's back on, but keep thinking about effects on mpgs which I like atm

usmcracing

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Took mine on some of forest mountain dirt roads this weekend, including a few shallow water crossings. Also hit the 1k mile mark today.

HappyRican

TDI
2012 Golf TDi(sold) 2015 Golf SW TDI SEL
Power Folding mirrors with blindspot driver glass
Driver Gear pedal caps
Driver Gear Aluminum bumper sill plate