What did you do to your MK7 today?

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Braved the torrent of pollen to wash and add my first post-winter coat of sealant (I use chemical guys M Seal)

Last edited:

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
ImaDesignerd, how did you attach the front plate? Is that a mill works or platypus or did you come up with something of your own design? How far off the bumper does the plate sit?

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf TDI SE manual
Custom exhaust done this afternoon...

Russ
Dude please tell us more! Cost, sound, did you delete the dpf,egr, or cat? I want to get an exhaust along with the Malone tune that's coming out soon! I'm so impatient..:mad::mad:

VW_TDi_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf-S TDi with DSG
Dude please tell us more! Cost, sound, did you delete the dpf,egr, or cat? I want to get an exhaust along with the Malone tune that's coming out soon! I'm so impatient..:mad::mad:
likewise I'm curious to know details and how it sounds.

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG
Sorry for the delayed response, gents. In response to the exhaust inquiries:

1. Only the muffler was deleted. The shop rocked a couple of mandrel bends on some 2.5" diameter tubing, easy peesy.
2. Sound output is pleasant. There's a tiny amount of rumble as the car proceeds through 1st and 2nd and well into 3rd if you "get on it."
3. Cost was super reasonable (of course, this will vary from shop to shop). Basically, for the muffler delete, new tubing and bends, and chrome tip, I was at $160 OTD.
4. Unfortunately, I don't have any undercarriage shots. Next time I'm up on the rack (10k for my rotation/rebalance), I'll try to remember to snap some. I'm at 6k right now, but I've got a 2300+ mile round trip planned next week for work, so it will probably be sooner rather than later! :)

Asmerrill

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Blue Silk Golf TDI SEL
Sorry for the delayed response, gents. In response to the exhaust inquiries:

1. Only the muffler was deleted. The shop rocked a couple of mandrel bends on some 2.5" diameter tubing, easy peesy.
2. Sound output is pleasant. There's a tiny amount of rumble as the car proceeds through 1st and 2nd and well into 3rd if you "get on it."
3. Cost was super reasonable (of course, this will vary from shop to shop). Basically, for the muffler delete, new tubing and bends, and chrome tip, I was at $160 OTD.
4. Unfortunately, I don't have any undercarriage shots. Next time I'm up on the rack (10k for my rotation/rebalance), I'll try to remember to snap some. I'm at 6k right now, but I've got a 2300+ mile round trip planned next week for work, so it will probably be sooner rather than later! :)

Can we get a sound bite??

VW_TDi_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf-S TDi with DSG
I had a friend of mine do a 1st-2nd wide open throttle pull while I stood in the back of my car and you can slightly hear the turbo spool. I wonder if his exhaust setup helped bring it out more.

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI
Lowering the GSW?

Is there a way to lower the GSW so it's more like a GTD?

Geist296

TDI
2015 GSW SEL DSG White with Quartz/Black interior
Installed the weathertech front and rear seat liners, fits like a glove.....the rear cargo liner was just listed on their site today, he said they will be producing them within the next couple days. I went into the Factory Store, not an online or phone order

Ruso Turisto

TDI
2015 MK7 Wagon Highline 6 speed MT

Ruso Turisto

TDI
Thanks!
That's a much cheaper option than:
https://deutscheautoparts.com/mk7-blind-spot-mirrors-5g0-857-521.html
Is the blue tint noticeable?
Also, does this virtually eliminate the blind spot? Even with your pictures, I'm having trouble visualizing the advantage (it doesn't appear to stretch the image outside that line like I expected it to).
Crappy cell pictures. They are tinted and its noticeable. They do eliminate the blind spot and they are definitely worth the upgrade, no more head turning! The image is stretched pass the line on both sides. The stretched image is not as big as on the MK5 I had, as the mirrors themselves are smaller on the mk7.

No More Buffalo

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: 2015 Golf SEL 6m Sold: 2012 Golf 2dr DSG
Field of view is nice...the ones I had on the Mk6, the outer edge of the aspherical segment was actually picking up the mirror housing.

I went with the DAP OEM parts, really not a fan of the blue tint look.

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
Added VW chrome exhaust tips. They look nice, but the fit could have better tolerancing.

Also added a MTM .30 cal ammo box to hold a couple pre-measured Nalgene lab bottles of Diesel Kleen, gloves, and some shop towels. It fits perfect in the side storage pocket.

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
I also added one of the euro spec emergency triangles that fits in the hatch from Deutsche Auto Parts, but I'm pretty sure someone already posted a pic of one of those.

pillboxhat

TDI
15' Golf (Formerly owned 240D, 00 Beetle, 06 Jetta
New Wheels

O.Z. Wheels and Pirelli P7s. TireRack.
Took forever to decide. Some wheels were too flashy, too young, too street...Decided on these. I love 'em.

PS
SEL model but I prefer 16s for ride and mpg. A few months back I had swapped/sold the OE 18s for some old 16s from a '11 JSW. Had some money from a fender bender claim leftover...Got sweet wheels and NEW Tires for almost free.

Geist296

TDI
Oh man, just noticed the GSW has different sized tails. Wonder if you guys will get LEDs...

At this point everything I see there are no LED's for the GSW's. A friend has more than a connection in OEM parts and he doesn't show any available. If you look at all the pictures of the Euro cars they have the same tails. I will be looking for the replacement LED bulbs that one of the guys here put on his golf.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
At this point everything I see there are no LED's for the GSW's. A friend has more than a connection in OEM parts and he doesn't show any available. If you look at all the pictures of the Euro cars they have the same tails. I will be looking for the replacement LED bulbs that one of the guys here put on his golf.
Deautokey has led bulbs. Mine should be here today or Monday, can post some photos then.

Ruso Turisto

TDI
Deautokey has led bulbs. Mine should be here today or Monday, can post some photos then.
Mine were delivered to PO today. Hopefully, I can install them this weekend. I think the OEM taillights are already nice looking and these LED will just make them that much better.

Geist296

TDI

thanks Doc...love the diving profile picture....

now here is what I added today, went into store on wednesday and it showed up fedex this morning.....I put the front and rear seat ones in when I got them from the store( I live 30 minutes from their Factory Store )

[/URL][/IMG]

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
I have deAutoKey in just about every place that I can in my MkVII and MkVI, I highly recommend the LED tail/turn/brake bulbs for the MkVII.

Their shipping is fast and customer support is excellent.