• Take a break

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I'll leave it to everyone. You all must vote.
I know many of you hate my guts and some of you like me. Some of you hate what I say but believe in my right to be part of this group. Whatever the case may be. Vote.
I'll do whatever the mob demands.
I'm not a troll or a bad guy. I do what I think is good for others while I may seem a bit rough. You may have been mongled or not...
I feel I've worn out my welcome and there isnt a reason I am wanted here.
So cast your vote.
I'm sure this will get deleted by our admins like everything else I've said.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I think we all have been guiltily (I know I have) one time or another of "interest abuse".
Sometimes we jusr need to be reminded, that's all.
Life's tough, I vote stay and share your good input.

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
I think you are necessary on this forum and I often find your posts amusing because we live in a world of impatient people who'd rather clog up the forum with questions that have been asked 1 million times instead of using the search bar. You my friend are one of the only people that address this problem and put them straight. Your advice is accurate and people don't want to hear they need supporting mods.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I vote "D", light your nut hair on fire and dance like no one is watching. Please post a video
Because I was eating lunch when I read this I almost spit my lunch all over the computer screen. Mongler, if you elect D, please do not video that.
Stay. Someone needs to be less tactful, it makes for more interesting reading.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Because I was eating lunch when I read this I almost spit my lunch all over the computer screen. Mongler, if you elect D, please do not video that.
Stay. Someone needs to be less tactful, it makes for more interesting reading.
Agreed :devilish:(y)

Warning;
Snowflake melting zone

Last edited:

Vwkaferman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Meh, I say stay. You remind me of my Dad. He's not happy unless he's miserable. You have a wealth of knowledge, as does he. But sometimes being the smartest person in the room doesn't need to be said. Kick your feet up, enjoy!

James

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
In well over twenty years of membership/visitation at Fred's, I have only ever put 1 or 2 members on "ignore." Mongler has almost been the 3rd...many times. Sometimes Mongler has decent information, but can't seem to post in a manner commensurate with the fairly high standards that have been observed here for a long time. Other times, his information is less sound (and many times comes off as an attack on the very person in need of assistance/information). More than a few times, I've worried that his posts have driven people away. Is that an internet snowflake issue? Perhaps, but Fred's has always been a cut above the rest of the internet, if not one of the premier sites for reasonable, knowledgeable, helpful assistance on TDIs and related issues. I think we should promote and pride ourselves on our tradition of emphasizing polite dialogue, which (even during the oil wars, and other heated topics) has rarely spurned those seeking help.

What I like about this thread, and why I have an interest (along with anyone else who instantly recognizes Mongler's screen name) in voting, is that it shows a different response to the criticism. Thus far, various posts asking Mongler to adjust his approach to posting have been met with... resistance. I would suggest that this is not a stay or go situation, but one where I might vote "stay, and try to implement the feedback people are giving you on your posts." I try to help members where I can, treating them with respect, and dignity. If I don't know an answer, and no one else is helping, I'll post a link if I have one saved. I generally assume that someone visiting for advice, from lost keys, to air conditioning, to gaskets, is having a really bad day, and the last thing they need is snarky attitude from a member here.

I have Club stickers or plate frames on all our TDIs, and I recommend Fred's to almost all those I meet for whom it may be of interest. I firmly believe it's one of the best sites out there. I donate a little money from things I sell here back to Fred to say thanks. I remember the days when many threads used lots of first names, partially because we were smaller, less anonymous, had more GTGs, but most of all, we were seeking to help out one another- which pertains to not only what you say, but how you say it. Stay if you can adopt that spirit, and are open to feedback from others.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Useless..... validation...... a bunch of threads.

I'll take "things that dont exist for $500 Alex"

Also if I set by nut hair on fire I would absolutely make and post a video, but you might have to pay to see it.

I didn't expect these results 2bh.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
We just need to find you a crown and sash and you can be the TDI Queen. They love me, they really love me! ;)

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
In well over twenty years of membership/visitation at Fred's, I have only ever put 1 or 2 members on "ignore." Mongler has almost been the 3rd...many times. Sometimes Mongler has decent information, but can't seem to post in a manner commensurate with the fairly high standards that have been observed here for a long time. Other times, his information is less sound (and many times comes off as an attack on the very person in need of assistance/information). More than a few times, I've worried that his posts have driven people away. Is that an internet snowflake issue? Perhaps, but Fred's has always been a cut above the rest of the internet, if not one of the premier sites for reasonable, knowledgeable, helpful assistance on TDIs and related issues. I think we should promote and pride ourselves on our tradition of emphasizing polite dialogue, which (even during the oil wars, and other heated topics) has rarely spurned those seeking help.

What I like about this thread, and why I have an interest (along with anyone else who instantly recognizes Mongler's screen name) in voting, is that it shows a different response to the criticism. Thus far, various posts asking Mongler to adjust his approach to posting have been met with... resistance. I would suggest that this is not a stay or go situation, but one where I might vote "stay, and try to implement the feedback people are giving you on your posts." I try to help members where I can, treating them with respect, and dignity. If I don't know an answer, and no one else is helping, I'll post a link if I have one saved. I generally assume that someone visiting for advice, from lost keys, to air conditioning, to gaskets, is having a really bad day, and the last thing they need is snarky attitude from a member here.

I have Club stickers or plate frames on all our TDIs, and I recommend Fred's to almost all those I meet for whom it may be of interest. I firmly believe it's one of the best sites out there. I donate a little money from things I sell here back to Fred to say thanks. I remember the days when many threads used lots of first names, partially because we were smaller, less anonymous, had more GTGs, but most of all, we were seeking to help out one another- which pertains to not only what you say, but how you say it. Stay if you can adopt that spirit, and are open to feedback from others.
Well said.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
Other than a troll, no one should be leaving the site. The issue is simply perhaps you should reflect on why people are reacting to you. Your participation as any member is welcomed, but it should also not be discouraging or insulting of other members. Also, try a little humility. It seems you don't like to be corrected when you're wrong. That's a bad perspective to have.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I do not think it’s wrong to try and get a better knowledge of ones standing in a community by asking. That being said I have for quite a while felt a growing resentment to my membership and I wanted to leave it up to the group as to what I should do. I felt… still do feel that I am part of a community and I do not want to just rage quit like many have. I think I have a responsibility to the community here and thus why I made the vote. It’s not to boost my ego… I am not a drama queen and I don’t need anyone’s approval and to suggest that I do means you know NOTHING of me and never bothered to try. You should know by now based on my shenanigans that I do not need to seek gratification or any sort of validation. I simply wanted to know what I have not felt here for a long time…. Welcome. I think I got my answer.

As for my diamond tiara and Sash, I’ll take it!

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I do not think it’s wrong to try and get a better knowledge of ones standing in a community by asking. That being said I have for quite a while felt a growing resentment to my membership and I wanted to leave it up to the group as to what I should do. I felt… still do feel that I am part of a community and I do not want to just rage quit like many have. I think I have a responsibility to the community here and thus why I made the vote. It’s not to boost my ego… I am not a drama queen and I don’t need anyone’s approval and to suggest that I do means you know NOTHING of me and never bothered to try. You should know by now based on my shenanigans that I do not need to seek gratification or any sort of validation. I simply wanted to know what I have not felt here for a long time…. Welcome. I think I got my answer.

As for my diamond tiara and Sash, I’ll take it!
For one, I hope you understand my post intended to be humorous, although I would view and share the video if you make it. Two, I think it takes a lot of guts to ask for peoples opinions of yourself. You appear serious as to wanting to better yourself.
So, on a serous note, outside of the times you jump on a thread with advice that is clearly not in your field, you are tolerable as far as I'm concerned. Oilhammer stated recently that he felt like Smokey the Bear running around putting out fires. He shouldn't have to do that, he lends enough knowledge without correcting your statements. Not all, but most People who come to this site for the first time are expecting facts, at least they should be. On the other side of the coin, some things you say exhibit common sense and knowledge. Keep the difference in mind when you post. That's the root of the majority of your conflicts.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
There once was a man on a forum
whose sarcasm kicked off a storum
there were those from within
who thought it a sin
while others out there did adore him

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
im not going to get baited into those traps dear boys and gals. gotta do better than that!

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
That being said I have for quite a while felt a growing resentment to my membership…
It’s not your membership people resent, it’s your incessant condescension towards new members asking questions, you could do with a little humility.

I felt… still do feel that I am part of a community and I do not want to just rage quit like many have.
I’m going to call you out on this one since it was you who directly attacked some of those members who ‘rage quit’ as a result.

I think I have a responsibility to the community here and thus why I made the vote.
Your only responsibility here is to abide by the rules of this board, rules which you have stretched and bent to the point you’ve become a topic of conversation by the moderators more than once.

You should know by now based on my shenanigans that I do not need to seek gratification or any sort of validation.
This is not the board for ‘shenanigans’, go to VWVortex if you want that kind of atmosphere, we do not on TDI Club and have worked hard to keep it away. While the moderators have a hands-off approach, these escalating ‘shenanigans’ are now being watched and you’ll find them less tolerated.

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Stay. If people get their panties in a wad over what you say, well, that's what's wrong in this country nowadays and if they can't take some criticism, leave. Everyone gets butthurt if someone tells it like it is. Most new members here are better off on that clusterf**k Facebook page VW TDI Owners. Us old timers here know and appreciate the valuable information this site provides in a organized forum. I know you've had some jabs at my use of chinese axles and some of my other threads, it is what it is. I appreciate your comments, and as long as you have a TDI in your garage, you are welcome here IMO.....

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Stay. If people get their panties in a wad over what you say, well, that's what's wrong in this country nowadays and if they can't take some criticism, leave. Everyone gets butthurt if someone tells it like it is. Most new members here are better off on that clusterf**k Facebook page VW TDI Owners. Us old timers here know and appreciate the valuable information this site provides in a organized forum. I know you've had some jabs at my use of chinese axles and some of my other threads, it is what it is. I appreciate your comments, and as long as you have a TDI in your garage, you are welcome here IMO.....
its hilarious you say that... i still have a ran when pulled (aside from a massive head lift and runaway) AHU, in my storage unit. sadly no TDI on the road though. ..... sigh...
ill just click the ignore on those who gana hate!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Wow, no comment on the use of profanity? That's quite a change of pace! Maybe some good will come of this thread after all.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I've decided if I'm constantly getting the stick from somone... km just going to put them on ignore. Many have now made the list... sadly
Also on not the police here. It would be great if rules were more followed but I'll just leave it to the guys behind the desk.
Those 2 moves should take a bit off the chopping block. Cant promise much more will change but I've realized I clash with some of these members and it would be wise if they push the ignore button as well.
I'd call you out but that's not helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.