New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

dan412

TDI
2011 JSW
Hi everybody,

I am Dan and I picked up a diesel 2011 sportwagen earlier this year. This is my first time back in diesel since our ALH TDI was totalled a while ago. I used to frequent TDIClub back then, so I thought I would come back for this one. I bought this wagen because the previous owner kept it during the VW buyback and so it never sat on the lot. So far I have replaced the back springs after a rusty one snapped, cleaned and lubricated the sunroof tracks, and cleaned out one of the back sunroof drains.

FelixHoenniker

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
Hello everyone, just picked up a 2004 Jetta Wagon with low kms, only 204 000 km! It's so fun to drive.
Looking forward to see how far/long I can keep her going and what kind of (reasonable) power I can get out of her.
My first car was a Rabbit and my dad had a 98 Diesel Jetta 5MT.... So much more torque now!
So much to learn!

rbhelle

TDI
VW Golf Variant MK5, 1.9tdi BLS engine with KBL 5-sp manual trans
Hello there, Norway calling. Picked up a mint condition (well almost) 2009 (european) VW Golf MK 5 Variant Bluemotion, 1,9tdi engine (BLS) with a 5sp manual gearbox (KBL). It has just rounded 136k miles. Car is black or very very dark blueish color. I also have a Audi Allroad A6 4F, 3.0tdi ASB engine (171kw) with 6HP19 auto tranny, just rounded 171k miles. Had to buy a VCDS unlimited cable since I do all my servicing and repairs in my garage. Found this forum to be very useful with lots of tips and tricks.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Welcome, everyone. Why not show off a picture of your new car?

Use the image icon in the post editor (right up ^ there 2.5cm) to add a link to your photo server (google images or other). Or, you can go to Media and open a free account to upload your car photos too. It'd be nice to see some of your new rides.

Willit

TDI
Passat
Hi everyone. I was looking for a car to drive to work to replace my 09 Volvo S60 which came to an untimely demise. I looked for something that was interesting to drive and had some soul. I ended up buying a 2015 Passat SEL TDi with around 90,000 miles on it. This is my first diesel so I'm still getting used to owning one. So far I'm very happy with my purchase.

KruegerDesigns

TDI
2011 Gold TDI
Hi all,

I'm new here, and new to forums. I live in East San Diego. Back in July I bought a silver 2011 Gold TDI for the mpg, looks, and I just love VW's.

The TDI was peppy and a blast to drive for a few months. Then one day it lost power, threw lights, timing was off and a few miles down the road it just died and wouldn't start back up. So I'm joining the forum to become familiar with you all and learn from others. I will be searching this forum to find out why she died (I suspect it's the dreaded high pressure fuel pump failure). See you in the posts.

Glad there's places like this on the internet!

mulepic

TDI
Audi Q7
Just joined and took delivery this week of a 2014 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige with air suspension. We got this car b/c we want to tow our 6k lbs. travel trailer. I did the first test yesterday from the valley up to Payson. It did just fine, 65mph the whole way and 60 on that last 10m hill into town. 9.6mpg on the way up and 11.5 round trip. But it was only 75 degrees not the 110 like July... so the jury is still out.

The air suspension is really the star of the show. We've gone through several tow vehicles: 7.2L Excursion, 6.2L H2, 2019 Expedition Platinum, and now the Q7. The Q7 is more stable than the Expedition (even w/ weight distr. hitch) and about as stable as the H2. The Q7 pulls stronger than the H2 and Excursion.

I used the torque app to monitor temperatures and everything behaved nicely. But I could not monitor the Tranny temp (even thought the app says it has it). The tranny temp and coolant temp were reading in lock-step so that's why I think it wasn't truly the tranny temp.

I'd post a picture but this forum requires me to host it somewhere...old school.

Anyway, there are a lot of Audi/VW forums. I'm trying to figure out the best one w/ the most info.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Just joined and took delivery this week of a 2014 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige with air suspension. We got this car b/c we want to tow our 6k lbs. travel trailer. I did the first test yesterday from the valley up to Payson. It did just fine, 65mph the whole way and 60 on that last 10m hill into town. 9.6mpg on the way up and 11.5 round trip. But it was only 75 degrees not the 110 like July... so the jury is still out.

The air suspension is really the star of the show. We've gone through several tow vehicles: 7.2L Excursion, 6.2L H2, 2019 Expedition Platinum, and now the Q7. The Q7 is more stable than the Expedition (even w/ weight distr. hitch) and about as stable as the H2. The Q7 pulls stronger than the H2 and Excursion.

I used the torque app to monitor temperatures and everything behaved nicely. But I could not monitor the Tranny temp (even thought the app says it has it). The tranny temp and coolant temp were reading in lock-step so that's why I think it wasn't truly the tranny temp.

I'd post a picture but this forum requires me to host it somewhere...old school.

Anyway, there are a lot of Audi/VW forums. I'm trying to figure out the best one w/ the most info.

Yep,

I have the Touareg version with air springs. They are really good.

My T'reg has a dedicated transmission cooler because it has the factory OEM-installed tow package. My understanding is if your Q7 has OEM tow package, it has a dedicated trans cooler, and not just a heat exchanger at the same temperature as the radiator (fine for most states, but dangerous for AZ).

I recommend you check your VIN's build sheet and verify presence of a dedicated trans cooler. If you don't have it, you need to get one installed to tow in 115F here in the valley.