New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

BillyBigRigg

TDI
2010 Jetta 2.0
Hi guys!
I'm new here, I bought my 1st 2010 Jetta TDI CJAA a month ago. Also a VCDS lol. I replaced the timing belt and EGT sensor. Now working on the actuator. It holds pressure but failed the ohm meter test. Found some good tips on here already, hoping to find more!

happiergnome

TDI
None
hi everybody! Years ago I had an ALH Jetta that was a junker and I beat it to death. Now that I'm financially and emotionally more mature, I plan to try building one for a pick up. I work in a repair shop and have no concerns over the mechanical aspect of it but haven't ever done "programming" or custom anything really. Time to learn new skills and quit spending my free time laying on the couch with the cat.

gooseman

TDI
2002 Jetta 5MT
Hello TD Club
This is my 02' that I've had for a few years now. I've been a lurker for a little while, but decided to join the forum today and hopefully become an active member. Currently sitting at 384,400 on the odo and recently had the TB done, as well as new struts and shocks. For now it's serving me well as a daily commuter, but long term I may end up using this as a platform to do a swap into an old ranger or frontier. For now though, I love this little mule and all it's imperfections.

Bavario

TDI
None yet
Hey everyone-
I'm new to TDI's but not to VW diesels. I've had a 3 NA diesel Rabbits- 2 Caddy's and a Rabbit 4 door (should've kept one Caddy).
I recently purchased a 2005 BHW from a supposedly well running Passat wagon with 175k miles on it (trans failure). Based on Nate Pickel's praise for these engine (despite its known shortcomings), I bought this one. It included the engine harness, intake with turbo, exhaust manifold, ECU, and all ancillaries.
It won't be going into a VW, though. The loose plan right now is to replace the bigger 6 cyl in my BMW with it. While it's out of a car, I want to tackle all the big issues and want to see what that entails. So far, I plan on a balance shaft delete, cam upgrade, upgraded lifters, and Malone stage 2 tune. Those are the only big deal things I know of, so far. I'm all ears to more info, tips, tricks, etc. I'm an X-ray tech, not a mechanic. That said, I can do things here and there and have a k24 swap into my e30 80% finished.

Squirreltdi

TDI
2014 passat
Hello all,

I've got a 2014 passat TDi SE with a DSG and 70k miles on the odometer and I'm after some opinions from TDi Club veterans.

I'm considering selling in light of the economy and the price of diesel lately (I think most would agree that the economy is in the toilet right now). My financial priorities have changed as well. Right now, rent and student loans on top of the vw payment and full coverage insurance are killing me. I'll be the fist to admit that signing for vw wasn't the best idea but I suppose there are worse mistakes to make. What I want to do is sell the vw and throw everything humanly possible at extinguishing my student loan debt and saving for a house.

On the other hand, the used car market is bonkers too, so part of me wants to hunker down and keep this beautiful car. Again, the recent state of the economy has made reevaluate my financial priorities. The passat is wonderful but the burden of debt and the economy is weighing heavy on me lately. Also, would it even be possible to sell even though I still owe vw credit? I don't want to trade this car so someone who knows nothing about TDi's can neglect it and ruin it. I'm not upside down on the loan I'm actually ahead but again, just worried about finances and getting out of debt and things we all worry about.

Any guidance is appreciated and thank you for your time!

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hello all,

I've got a 2014 passat TDi SE with a DSG and 70k miles on the odometer and I'm after some opinions from TDi Club veterans.

I'm considering selling in light of the economy and the price of diesel lately (I think most would agree that the economy is in the toilet right now). My financial priorities have changed as well. Right now, rent and student loans on top of the vw payment and full coverage insurance are killing me. I'll be the fist to admit that signing for vw wasn't the best idea but I suppose there are worse mistakes to make. What I want to do is sell the vw and throw everything humanly possible at extinguishing my student loan debt and saving for a house.

On the other hand, the used car market is bonkers too, so part of me wants to hunker down and keep this beautiful car. Again, the recent state of the economy has made reevaluate my financial priorities. The passat is wonderful but the burden of debt and the economy is weighing heavy on me lately. Also, would it even be possible to sell even though I still owe vw credit? I don't want to trade this car so someone who knows nothing about TDi's can neglect it and ruin it. I'm not upside down on the loan I'm actually ahead but again, just worried about finances and getting out of debt and things we all worry about.

Any guidance is appreciated and thank you for your time!
Definitely a good thing to do in this economy is getting out of debt! You can sell when money is still owed on a vehicle. A quick search online can get you a good idea about how to go about it, as that may vary slightly from state to state. Basically you'll need to get the lien released. Often that's done by doing the transaction and paying off the balance at the time of selling, or getting a personal loan to cover the balance and getting a lien release letter, then paying the personal loan upon the sale of the vehicle.

amritbareta

TDI
Hello All Members
May God Bless You All
Myself Mr. Amritpal Singh From INDIA,
With the blessing of GOD i Owns
1.2 TDI Polo
1.5 TDI Polo Sedan (Vento) Automatic 7 Speed DSG

amritbareta

TDI
New to diesel - just picked up a 2010 Jetta TDI, 130k miles. previous owner had just recently put in a new transmission (automatic). fun car. very clean.
congratulations for your new jetta brother
wish you a happy thousand miles.
God Bless you
Jetta Diesel is too much demanded car here in INDIA.

Riija

TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Hi all - long-time lurker, first time poster. I have owned TDIs as my daily drivers for the last 14 years. Absolutely love them!

RogueChewbacca

TDI
2015 Mark VII Golf SportWagen
Hi all. Newb to the TDI world. Been a long-time Toyota owner/driver. (before that was into Fords)
Recently purchased a 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI in Tornado Red w/66K+ miles
I look forward to learning more about VW n TDIs!

Madmainer

TDI
97 Passat
Hello All,
I joined back in Dec 2021, just been busy. Currently own 2 TDI's.
1997 Passat 455600 miles.
1998 Jetta 165000.
Passat has a skip issue attempting to figure out. Also loss of power, going into limp mode some times. 98, is in need to intercooler cleaning (oil), soon enough it will be out of the Barn.

Huracan

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta GL Dark Green , 2010 Jetta White
Not new, but just sending a quick update. I realized I hadn't posted for a decade (time flies). Had two Jettas, a 1999.5 Green Jetta GL that I sold a few years ago to a college kid (last time I heard he was still driving it), and a 2006 (if my memory serves me well) Jetta TDI that got totaled (was planning on giving it to VW as part of the Dieselgate deal, and I kind of did, although in not a running condition). Thoroughly enjoyed both cars. Wish VW hadn't fumbled this bad and would still be selling great TDI cars in the US. Enjoy your cars. I always get a kick when I still see a VW TDI in the road or parked on a driveway. I still own a couple of Diesel MB. Diesel engines are great, and with current technology they run really clean. I think they just got a lot of bad press. I wish they would still sell Diesel engines, at least on SUV (VW, Audi, MB, BMW) By the way. I'm lucky. Close to where I live I have renewable Diesel by a company called Propel. I think it is great stuff. I've been running all my cars almost exclusively on this for quite a few years. Although Diesel prices are through the roof now, unfortunately, but with the good mileage it doesn't sting as bad. Take care and enjoy your Diesel cars.

ApproachMedium

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 Jetta
I have arrived. After 11 years of a GTI, 4 years without one, and 4 years with my Diesel Canyon i have finally purchased a 12 TDI jetta. It is a salvage title and i will be "rebuilding" it for commuting. I look forward to finding some parts and info here to get the black wonderwagon back on the road!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I have arrived. After 11 years of a GTI, 4 years without one, and 4 years with my Diesel Canyon i have finally purchased a 12 TDI jetta. It is a salvage title and i will be "rebuilding" it for commuting. I look forward to finding some parts and info here to get the black wonderwagon back on the road!
Welcome aboard! You're close to one of the best TDI Gurus anywhere. Mike Hevner - "hevster1" on these Forums - is in Montague TWP., NJ. M and M Auto Cycle.

tommy_bahommy

TDI
2014 Passat
Hey everyone! I am a new TDI owner (2014 Passat) and new to the club!! I am ready to learn all there is on this forum lol

EdVWTDI

TDI
2015 GSW, 2015 Passat
First time post. Hello All.

Briefly, I am a scientist and I "officially" joined the forum in hopes of selling my VW TDI - this forum was godsend when purchasing this vehicle in 2017, and while I haven't been back much since, I can't express enough what a resource it was.

This TDI is my second:

2015 Passat (2015 - dieselgate)
2015 GSW (present)

The goal would be to sell it here as it hasn't been fixed, and a "happy" home is better than maximizing $$$.

I'll update with additional details regarding the car on the apporpriate thread shortly after reviewing posting information etc. for FS.

Regardless, quick thanks to all the moderators, contributors, etc. for running this thread - as mentioned above, it was such an incredible resource for me previously, and very much appreciated.

Golf Wang

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI Exec
Hi all, I am new to both TDIs and this forum, though I am no stranger to VW.

In January, I picked up a 2016 Touareg TDI to replace my previous 2019 Alltrack. In all I’ve owned 7 VWs, and spent considerable time behind the wheel of another 3 (2011 CC, 2017 NMS Passat, 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI which is the lady’s car). Seems I can’t post pics yet… but pics coming

Got my first service on the Touareg this week @ 36K miles (purchased @ 30), alignment/brake flush/fuel filter/oil change/health check. Got 33 mpg there and 37 back from the shop. More efficient on the highway than my Alltrack, But equally less efficient in the city. I was hooked as soon as I drove my girlfriend’s 2014 PQ35 TDI. I knew I wanted to get a diesel before it was “too late.” I also had always dreamed of a Touareg, and a host of circumstances lined up allowing me to get into one.

Cheers from Philly. Also, any Treg / Q7 guys looking for 21” Mallories, I’m interested in trading for OEM 19’s (with cash on top for me, $400). Let me know what you got!

Wandersk

TDI
Mk4
Hey everyone. Been getting info off these forums for awhile but just signed up for a membership. In the middle of getting my old '04 Jetta roadworthy!

Tditi

TDI
2005 volkswagen passat black tdi
So, totally new to TDI ownership. Read alot of horror stories online but still took the plunge. I'm assuming for every horror story online there are probably hundreds of people satisfied with their tdi. I'm thinking I did pretty well. Got an 05 passat gl wagon with 170k for $2000. Car is very very clean for a 17 year old car with a few minor issues to be addressed. Also came with regular and winter tires both mounted on rims. Timing belt is due in the next 10k miles but he was upfront about it. Does this sound like I got a good deal? I'm totally new to everything tdi so go easy on me but definitely let me know if I got good value. Thanks

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
So, totally new to TDI ownership. Read alot of horror stories online but still took the plunge. I'm assuming for every horror story online there are probably hundreds of people satisfied with their tdi. I'm thinking I did pretty well. Got an 05 passat gl wagon with 170k for $2000. Car is very very clean for a 17 year old car with a few minor issues to be addressed. Also came with regular and winter tires both mounted on rims. Timing belt is due in the next 10k miles but he was upfront about it. Does this sound like I got a good deal? I'm totally new to everything tdi so go easy on me but definitely let me know if I got good value. Thanks
Welcome to the club! Sounds like you likely got a good deal. The b5.5 passats are some of my favorite ones. They're really different though. Head on over to the b5 section and read up on the things like the balance shaft and the transmission. If the balance shaft hasn't been converted to the geared version or deleted and converted to use the alh type oil pump. Id recommend doing that. Also service that transmission. I've got three of those cars, all with over 200k miles.