Dynaudio amp swap for VW amp (POS)

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
Just received several Dynaudio mid-range drivers from a donor VW. Check out the ebay.de site where the Germany salvage companies sell their wares.

One driver at a time.....

jharcourt

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan, 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
Ok before I get started, this harness gets me to the four door connectors, but what do I use inside the doors? I know they have crossovers I have to bypass but I can't find any writeup on this part. Everyone has doors with existing tri-amped or bi-amped harnesses from the factory. Do I try to find four active door harnesses (Passat?) to replace these? Does anyone have pictures of a passive to active door harness replacement?

syntheticreality

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup Edition
I read through this whole thread and I am pretty confused. I have a 2010 cup edition with 10 speakers. I see no amp under the seat. What do I need to do to upgrade?

tbailey4

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, 6spd conversion. 2001 Jetta, Alh, wife's car.
I am currently adding the amp to a 10 speaker system with no amp under the seat. This is not an easy mod. I purchased pin/socket wires to go through the connectors at each door. I have made my own harness' that go from connector to the speakers. I cut the x-overs out of the system. I was not able to find pin/sockets anywhere but the dealer, approx $8-14 each. I also removed the capacitors at each tweeter as this is a form of x-over. I am considering speaker up grades to Dynaudio but I am having a hard time figuring out exact replacements. I would appreciate any knowledge on this subject. I see all the donors on Ebay.de but I am unsure about fit.

Regards.

jharcourt

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan, 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
Maloosheck has a nice illustrated write up on his blog so check that out. I've decided I'm going to take my time and document this thoroughly. Like others I'm doing the amp and wiring first then going back to do the drivers since I'm buying them piecemeal.

tbailey4

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, 6spd conversion. 2001 Jetta, Alh, wife's car.
Thanks Jharcourt for the info on Maloosheck's blog, very helpful. I am interested in the drivers as well. If you know of extras the notice will be appreciated. Still waiting on the BRM billet cams from Kerma so I got time to mess with the stereo.

zoompastu

TDI
06 Jetta
I ordered my amp but I don't have the factory amp under the seat. that pissed me off considering my 06 was package 2 with navigation you would think that it would be there. the dealer was really cool though about taking it back.

I did however do a cool speaker mod. I had some Polk Audio 4x6 plate speakers lying around. the plate speakers have a 4" round woofer and a 1" round tweeter. I cut the glue and unsoldered the tweeter from the plate and the stock tweeter in the stock holder. Reuse the stock capacitor. The woofer takes a bit more work. take the old one out and cut the plate to match the size of the stock one. drill the screw holes to match and attach it to the door panel. On the door pop off the round plastic cap where the mid woofer would go and cut the metal just enough to to allow the large (and wonderful) magnet to fit. I did have the outter door skins off when I did this to do a proper Dynamat job. It sounds SOOOOO much better louder and cleaner then stock. those old mids in the doors have no pop and sound soooo muddy because the magnet is the size of a quarter. this has fixed that. I still have to do something with the 7" woofers. I was messing with them a bit and only low frequencys go to them like a real sub woofer. There are a few companys that make 6.5" sub woofers. (I think JL, Polk Audio, and Kicker) I'm gonna go with the kickers since they don't need a ton of power.
Sorry about my tangent. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

ragnard

TDI
2006 Jetta Sedan SE
Bummer, looks like I missed out. AMP shows as superseded (new one is over $800!) and no longer available on ECS Tuning. Anyone know where else I can get one?

dgreenbluet

TDI
2006 Jetta
I order one to find out I dont have an amp under my seat. So hopefully I can sell this thing. $79.00 plus free shipping(and this amp isn't light) to anyone in the US. I can send pics with the model number and all its original wrapping with it. I might even be able to dig up the receipt for it. Just PM me and let me know if your interested.

Paypal only

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
I order one to find out I dont have an amp under my seat. So hopefully I can sell this thing. $79.00 plus free shipping(and this amp isn't light) to anyone in the US. I can send pics with the model number and all its original wrapping with it. I might even be able to dig up the receipt for it. Just PM me and let me know if your interested.

Paypal only
It was not to be.....
Shortly after reading the above thread I'd contact the seller ready to arrange a PayPal payment.... but wouldn't you know It was not to be,, Suddenly and with a minutes warning the poster/seller retracted the offer,,, Actually I was in the Paypal screen at the time.

So I'm casting about for an amp...

cdutton

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Anybody know where I can get a amp, order one in nov from dealer and went the next week to pick up and it was sold as was a second one they ordered.
Thanks for all the help

jproctor9

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi 5spd
any updates from installs in cars without under-seat amp? i have amp and have a harness on order. if it's going to require virtually removing the interior to run wiring, etc, i'm not sure i'm going to be up for this. if not, i'll have amp and harness for sale. anyway, curious about installation experiences for cars w/o under-seat amp.

undertaker

TDI
2010 tdi cup edition
I have a 2010 cup edition.

I have a small box that looks like an amp under the front of the passenger seat? or is that something entirely different.

chittychittybangbang

Veteran Member
TDI
none

jproctor9

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi 5spd
Found this list of parts for the cover from here.
1K0-035-833C HOLDER FOR AMPLIFIER 8 Eyro
1K0-035-933 BRACKET FOR HOLDER 5 Eyro
1K0-971-813B COVERING 4 Eyro (9B9 is satin black and 7G8 is pure beige)
N909-460-01 expanging nut X2 0,40Eyro total
N908-170-03 hexagon socket head panel bolt X2 0,40 Eyro total
2 M6 self locking nuts for any supplier.

ponjohn

Just saw this thread.

I have the amp under the seat, curious; are these amps low or line level driven?

amav

TDI
vw eos
I am also trying to install 10 speakers and amplifier from a dynaudio eos in my 2008 eos with 8 passive factory speakers.

I buy this wire harness: http://naviservice.com.pl/?action=se..._term=dynaudio

My problem now, is that I dont know were to plug the 12V power cable for amplifier, and the two cables for can bus in the rns unit side of the cable :S.

I was thinking in connect the 12V power directly from the car's battery whith a 30A fuse, but I'm afraid to discharge batery. I dont know if amplifier turns itself of when the rns turns of...

And Can-Bus cables, can I just connect them to the wires of the can-bus of rns510 in parallel?

Any help?

Last edited:

cloud09

TDI
09 Jetta TDI
any updates from installs in cars without under-seat amp? i have amp and have a harness on order. if it's going to require virtually removing the interior to run wiring, etc, i'm not sure i'm going to be up for this. if not, i'll have amp and harness for sale. anyway, curious about installation experiences for cars w/o under-seat amp.
Hi J ... If you're not up to doing the work, I'd like to buy the amp from you. Please let me know. I'm in Jacksonville, FL ... almost your neighbor :D

roadking00

TDI
2005.5 Black Jetta (Auto DSG)Pushing 320K
I am also in the market for the 3C0-035-456-A amp as well, if there happen to be any available out there please PM me ....

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Bummer, looks like I missed out. AMP shows as superseded (new one is over $800!) and no longer available on ECS Tuning. Anyone know where else I can get one?
As the threads OP (not my idea but... - Thanks Maloosheck) I can easily say paying $800 straight up for the audio system transformation that this Dynaudio authored DSP module (24/96 D/A, 600w amplification/active EQ/active crossover/time alignment/etc.) brings is not out of the question. A TEF Crown - RTA tells no lies. After listening to the Jetta/Dyn audio system for a few days straight** its nothing short of unfffk-ing-believable. My wife shakes her head while saying - "did you hear those background vocals, the bass line is so clear, etc" .... and the Dyn DSP driven system has SPL to boot - even when driving the original VW DSS uprated paper cone speakers/drivers; remember its an active system which manages the speaker, any speaker/driver for that matter, always with precision and then some. (** .. 3500mi road trip from ATL to Vail to ATL.)

The old saying "you can't shine a sneaker" is disproved as the Dynaudio DSP module drives the living sheite out of the stock VW door mounted speakers. Remember, an active system construct rules the day,,, not to mention the cheesy VW speakers.....and so much so, your jaw will drop in dis-belief.

When ordering the MY06.5 Jetta sedan an additional cost option was VWs Digital Sound System (DSS). Expecting a HiFi audio system - instead what we heard was a bean counter scaled down active HiFi arrangement driven by a cheap $, lowFi VW DSP module. The Dynaudio DSP module on the other hand changes everything in a big way. Declaring the Dynaudio/T.C. Electronic DSP module as well thought out is .... an understatement, but I'll start there.

From my vantage point and those whom already have the VW DSS underseat VW DSP/amp module, another $800 is money well spent for a truely HiFi transformation.... Did I mention its plug N play... Oh get the fffkouttahere....!

Having successfully sourced both the Dynaudio mids and recently the Dyn 7" LF drivers through eBay.de sources. Can't wait.

P.S., I was able to source two new Dynaudio DSP modules from VW and if I don't use them for other projects I'll be sure to offer the DSP modules here.

Last edited:

ragnard

TDI
2006 Jetta Sedan SE
After getting my hands on one of these amps, I agree completely with 1998993C2S. What a transformation. Now I want to upgrade the speakers. Can you give specific part numbers we should be looking for on ebay.de? Or, can I just go to Crutchfield and order up a set of Infinity Kappas? Something tells me it isn't as easy as that.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
After getting my hands on one of these amps, I agree completely with 1998993C2S. What a transformation. Now I want to upgrade the speakers. Can you give specific part numbers we should be looking for on ebay.de? Or, can I just go to Crutchfield and order up a set of Infinity Kappas? Something tells me it isn't as easy as that.
+1 I'd be willing to do a speaker swap if I can get all the bits and pieces to do it correctly for a good price. I am very happy with the amp swap!

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI

With a game of checkers mindset, . . not sure of a speaker upgrade move which is other than the Dynaudio versions. Think of following a Famous Amos cookie recipe and perposefully going off script only to expect Famous Amos cookies. - I'm just saying....

Last edited:

speedeep

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition DSG, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG
Wtb: 3c0-035-456-c

I'm interested in purchasing a 3C0-035-456-C as well. If you are selling or junking a car with one, or just have the part for sale, please PM me.

edvin

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI
P.S., I was able to source two new Dynaudio DSP modules from VW and if I don't use them for other projects I'll be sure to offer the DSP modules here.
I would love to purchase one from you.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
So to install this on an 09 "Premium 6" stereo with no factory amp, you have to:

1. Get a Dynaudio amp.
2. Run a new wiring harness to that amp from the head unit and from that amp to each door.
3. Disable the door's crossovers.

Or do you have to run it from the amp to each speaker individually?