Dynaudio amp swap for VW amp (POS)

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
jharcourt -
When performing the Plug N Play amp swap........ both multi pin connectors coming from the cars chassis had to be twisted 180 degrees....... and then simply plugged into the new Dyn 3C0 amp.

From the old 1K6 amp to the new Dyn 3C0 amp the connectors are upside-down (180) from each other. Same connectors though....

FWIW ... my VW dub parts counter had alternate ala carte connectors if needed.
I'm in route to the Vater-land.... and if need be, glad to assist.

Last edited:

jdhunt0

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
I have the 10 speaker system, but no amp under the seat. I guess I would need the amp, wiring, and all the speakers. Any clue what a total change over would cost?

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
I have the 10 speaker system, but no amp under the seat. I guess I would need the amp, wiring, and all the speakers. Any clue what a total change over would cost?
I'm using the stock VW production speakers as installed when built.
So,,,, with you being simiarily positioned your cost would be the cheap-o amp which is under a $100 and the aftermarket (Dyn) wiring harness at $135 or so. A Saturday in your own garage and Bingo - A Grown Up stereo HiFi system in the Jetta awaits...

No risks taken, nothing gained. - Someone's Granny always said this...

jdhunt0

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
I guess the biggest expense is going to be my time then.

I think I may start with the speakers, at least the large ones in the front doors. One of them has a rattle. Will they work with the stock radio for now?

I have the in dash changer with no SAT. Will the above mentions harness work for me? Does it have all connectors already installed?

jharcourt

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan, 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
multi-connectors for 3C0 035 456

It's true that between the 1K6 and the 3C0 there is a 180 degree flip, but the problem I'm having has to do with the keyways which have completely changed between the 3C0 035 456 (no letter)

and the 3C0 035 456 A-J

Last edited:

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
I placed my order for one through ECS last night. I needed to order my oil and filter, plus I wanted to get those silver tail lights anyways. So hopefully I will be able to install this amp by the begining of next week. I'm hopping it takes care of the occasional static noise I get out of the right rear speakers as well.

Hope they are still available!

Last edited:

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Possibly, just possibly the received Naviservice.com wiring harness has a VW Phaeton DYN amp/module connector. Anyway, simple enough to remedy.

klrman

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition
Possibly, just possibly the received Naviservice.com wiring harness has a VW Phaeton DYN amp/module connector. Anyway, simple enough to remedy.
In that case I might buy a Phaeton to simplify installation ;)

jharcourt

TDI
ok I think I figured this out (and here's a great page I wish I had seen a long time ago http://www.passatplus.de/umbauteile/stecker/stecker4.htm)

Good news is that the pinouts are exactly the same. I've ordered the new plugs.

Where the naviservice cable has 1J0962623, it should be 1J0962623B

Where the Naviservice cable has 1J0962624, it should be 1J0962624A

Last edited:

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI

jharcourt

TDI
If you look at my picture here: http://furmanka.blogspot.com/2009/12/mk5-dynaudio-gosniki-dynaudio-speakers.html

You will see that the plugs are the same for all the amps: Jetta DSS and EOS Dynaudio. And the same as Passat Dynaudio above.

Yes, but I have a cable for the 3C0-035-456 (with no letter suffix), and it has the old style plug to match the old-style sockets on the 3C0-035-456. All the other versions of the 3C0-035-456 A-J have the newer style socket and cannot use my cable, unless I replace the old plugs with the new ones. Very strange that they changed to the new version of the plug since the pinouts do not change. Maybe they changed 1J0962623 because it was already being used by the older comfort control module? Who knows, but like many running changes at VAG, this was not documented by anyone other than the engineer who modified the design and the sub-contractor that produced the module. The amplifiers in your pictures are both newer production runs of 1K6- and 1Q0-. I had to buy a 1K6 to find this out, and later found a schematic for the no-suffix version with the old sockets. I wanted a ready-made harness from Naviservice to ensure I would not have to redo the installation because of my poor harness-making abilities. But VAG does not make this easy. Anyhow, thanks to your phenomenally well-illustrated how-to blog, changing to Dynaudio in my no-amplifier Jetta is just a matter of following your steps.

klrman

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition
Where the naviservice cable has 1J0962623, it should be 1J0962623B

Where the Naviservice cable has 1J0962624, it should be 1J0962624A
Is it possible to just trim the the naviservice plug to fit the Dynaudio amp? Looks like a little x-acto cutting would do the trick....

jharcourt

TDI
Is it possible to just trim the the naviservice plug to fit the Dynaudio amp? Looks like a little x-acto cutting would do the trick....
That's what Naviservice told me to do. I'd probably lose a finger while I was at it. Seriously though, that would be the fastest solution...

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
I just installed my new Dynaudio amp, while I didn't go and play a cd or anything it definitly sounds better and has some thump now! Thanks for the heads up.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
This is officially the best $100 I have spent on a mod! The sound is fantastic, heck if I turn up the volume 1/4 I can't even hear the rattles any more. This sucker is loud and clear now.

Last edited:

AndySRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cup car
has anyone ran the naviservice wiring harness yet i am intrested in this set up but i am wondering about shipping and ease of using the harness. my cup car does not have a factory amp. I also have the buzzing speaker issue which drives me nuts on my 30 mile trip into work.

jproctor9

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi 5spd
I'm also interested hearing from someone who has used the Naviservice wiring harness. Specifically:

1. How did you route the harness?
2. How did you end up mounting the amp? Under seat? Did you cover it?
3. Was there any coding to be done with VAG-COM or simply plug n' play?

I have amp and harness is on the way (I think) so am looking for any/all advice to simplify install. I realize that I may need to swap connectors or do some work with an X-acto.

Thanks.

Last edited:

tbailey4

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, 6spd conversion. 2001 Jetta, Alh, wife's car.
No amp under my seat, Amp purchased from dealer, $89.00. Ordered (and payed for) harness 3 weeks ago, still waiting... Anxious to see if I can make it work. I have a 10 speaker system from the factory. Bass and tweeter in rear door, bass and mid in front door, tweeter in triangle plastic at front of window.
When ordering the cable you need to specify how many speakers. Good luck.

jharcourt

TDI
I've had the harness for a few months (takes a couple of weeks but i ordered by regular mail) and I'm just waiting on the amp to arrive. I've had buzzing too and I noticed it wasn't coming from the drivers or enclosures. It was coming from the inside weather strip where it meets the window glass on the front doors. Should be easy to fix. Can't wait to apply some decent power to these speakers.

jdhunt0

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Keep me updated on the install in cars with out a factory amp. I may try to do this myself. Should I go ahead and get the amp before they run out?

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Keep me updated on the install in cars with out a factory amp. I may try to do this myself. Should I go ahead and get the amp before they run out?
If you plan on ever doing this you better purchase to amp now. If you don't end up doing it you can always sell it.

ARBY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Sportwagen - really want a F-150.
Curious if something like this would work for a '11 JSW, RNS315?

jdhunt0

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
ECS is showing the amp for $11.41 right now. I placed my order. :)

Last edited:

jdhunt0

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Is a pin out available to use this amp in other applications or does it need the VW head unit?

I would think the price is a mistake and someone will "fix" it soon. It was hard not to order 10 of these, but I'll save some for the rest of you.