Dynaudio amp swap for VW amp (POS)

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
Hey guys, I've search the website to find this amp. I have an 06' Jetta TDI with the amp under the driver's seat. Anyone know where I can find this amp? I know it's short supply. I called my dealer and their systems only bring up the amp part ending in 'H', not C nor A. I would love to do this swap. Thanks fellas!
"H" is the most current, see post 153 above

2010 Jetta

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I have a 2010 Jetta with a amplifier under the front passenger seat. Can someone give me the link to the amp that would work? Thanks.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Anyone know anything about this VW amp module 5k0035456?http://translate.google.com/transla...=t8d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns

I've googled it several times but i can't find anything in English. Is this similar to the 3c0035456 modules?

thanks!
Pull up an image of the known good amp and see if you can compare the connectors. Here's the 5K0 you linked:

If they look the same, you may be in business. Otherwise, I might see if I can get a pinout of both and hook it up.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
If I have no amp under the driver's seat on my '10 JSW, is it possible to still add an amp, or is it a logistical nightmare? The RNS-510 leaves much to be desired.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
pkhoury -
Actually the audio output side of the RNS 510 navigation head unit is quite good; but you would never hear this with the hard bus EQ choices VW has choosen. Go figure. In my VW MFD2 DVD navigation (pre RNS 510) the hard bus EQ can be defeated although this must be executed each time the TDI is started. The default to this screw ball EQ setting isn't something I've learned to totally remedy. Anyway,,, on the MFD2 DVD navi the route is like so: From the main screen at rest find settings>next> System settings>next> Factory settings/hold for more the 10 sec>next> tuner test, your there. Here is where the "linear audio" setting is selected. I tells ya .....the audio is night and day, what is it that VW is thinking here??

There's gotta be a system settings route on the RNS 510 Navi. As an aside there's a company that modifies the RNS 510 navi to have a straight up PCM digital output. Thus a user can connect to whatever DAC flavor of the day. .. (DAC=digital analog converter)

I beg to differ,, the RNS 510 navi at heart is a good sounding HU. VW messed up its mind.

Last edited:

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
adding the dynaudio is about 25-30 hour job since you have to run the harness including seperate channel to each speaker. sounds incredible, but expensive. you change the output to line level via VAGCOM for the dynaudio amp. my parts are all listed in this thread. see if you can find an EOS with dynaudio to give a listen. JBL MS-8 would be an alternative.

Last edited:
TDI
Jetta 09 TDI
As an aside there's a company that modifies the RNS 510 navi to have a straight up PCM digital output. Thus a user can connect to whatever DAC flavor of the day. .. (DAC=digital analog converter)
THat sounds very interesting. I had no idea that sending digital out of the RNS-510 was even possible. Do you have any info on the ompany that mods the RNS-510 with a toslink out?

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
THat sounds very interesting. I had no idea that sending digital out of the RNS-510 was even possible. Do you have any info on the ompany that mods the RNS-510 with a toslink out?
Sure enough: http://www.carhifi-store.net
From the companies home page and at the top of the "categories" section you'll find Miketta Mobile Solutions. Once there you will see the option "Retrofit OEM SP-DiF / Toslink.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't know Jack She - Hit about the firm only to say is, the word around the campfire is Frank's work is tier one. What's not to like....

Cheers, Mike Schneider

PS. I'm in Germany as we speak and plan to visit their store on Thursday. The plan is to return home with a bag of audio/DSP goodies. Christmas comes early this year.

Last edited:
TDI
Jetta 09 TDI
From the companies home page and at the top of the "categories" section you'll find Miketta Mobile Solutions. Once there you will see the option "Retrofit OEM SP-DiF / Toslink.
Very sweet...

I wonder if all sources (CD, iPod, Radio, Telephone) are output via toslink once the unit is modified? If not, this would make for some cumbersome connection to the DSP or Amps. My JBL MS-8 takes speaker level and an AUX input so is would not be a big problem but one would have to control the MS-8 each time you want to change from digital to analogues sources.

How is volume modulated? Does the volume button on the RNS-510 still control volume?

Anyway, very interesting find.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf

Cheers, Mike Schneider
Mike,

You don't mind posting a direct link? My German isn't really good (or rather, I don't know German), and I couldn't find it anyways after clicking Miketta Mobile Solutions. Thanks.

stampsosu

TDI
2006 Silver
Anyone know if the Dynaudio amp 3C0-0350456 J will work the same as the popular one ending in C? They look identical, and the connector plugs also look identical. It's rated at 600 watts. I've heard that the amp ending in A is the same but it only pushes 300 watts as oppose to 600 watts - can anyone confirm this?

Thanks guys

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Mike,

You don't mind posting a direct link? My German isn't really good (or rather, I don't know German), and I couldn't find it anyways after clicking Miketta Mobile Solutions. Thanks.
S/PDIF is spelled S/PDIF in English or German; its the 3rd and last line item in the Miketta Mobile Solution category. Main screen web page to start ..... http://www.carhifi-store.net

Many of the current browser's Outlook for one has a competent full time language translator. ... www.Babelfish.com .. if I recall is an old cut and paste resource for language translation. Give it a try.

Last edited:

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Is anyone here familiar with an auto SQ audio amp with a PCM input? Maybe something with a DAC on the frontend?

SQ= sound quality..
PCM= pulse-code modulation..
DAC= digital analog conversion..
Friday= a day of the week..

Cheers, Mike

PS. I've started a SQ install in my MY98 993 Coupe with the intention of going all out with an active system arrangement. Not unlike the Dynaudio arrangement in our MkV chassis cars. The 993 starts with a Pioneer P99RS head unit**, Dynaudio drivers all around, and discret channel class A/B amp modules. At the end of the day its the Porsche OEM HiFi option which is getting transformed; but your eye will be none the wiser - stealth. I'd ordered the coupe from scratch and was Freak'in disappionted at delivery - and this Porsche/Becker brand option wasn't cheap; October 1997.
The Dynaudio DSP module retro fit to our MkV VW cars has sparked the audio hobbiest in me. When in Germany last week I stopped bye a few of the high end car audio shops - there's a wealth of audio solutions taylored to our MKV cars available, many of which are plug n play; speaker upgrades, wiring looms, processors, etc. All plug n play for the MkV /MkVI chassis V'dubs.

** for you 911 owners out there - this is the only head unit out there which does not look Star Wars-y against the 911s old sckool dashboard/interior asthetic. Ping me for a few picks of the P99RS installed - its nondescript in a good way. My interior color is black/full leather. First up was to try and re-use the stock Porsche/Becker CDR210 driving a Mosconi 120.4 DSP module - but it didn't sound right. Let me clarify, the sound was light years ahead of the stock system, I simply trigger'd a more complex system - leaving the CDR-210 Becker head unit and its decade-plus old limitations behind.

Last edited:

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry to hear of your troubles with Naviservice.com. You failed to mention or discribe the difficulty exactly. What gives?
In keeping with the spirit of full disclosure, I don't know Naviservice from a hole in the wall, and the DSP/Amp harness I received more than a year ago was high quality and swiftly delivered. It was all good. Other's on the forum also have had a positive experience. Again, sorry to hear of your troubles. Is there someone who can phone the company directly; polish speaking of course. I once enlisted language department personel from the local Community College for a "phone directly" strategy. Made all the difference in the world.

Is there a known alternate source for the harness? Is it Kauftec? Possibly use AMEX for payment?

Last edited:

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I have also tryed translated emails several of them without 1 response.It's just not a good way to run a business.If I knew someone who spoke Polish I would try that.But the bottom line is I paid for something and never got it and even with reciepts that won't even acknowlege me or my purchase.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Again, that sucks. The translated emails is a nice touch - but no response? Man that's strange. Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, I'd think twice before doing anything with them.

All the best -

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Williamgd2 -
Send me a PM as I'd like to run an idea by you maybe we can get this resolved short and sweet... I have contacts at a large Germany based company who could be of help. Customer service is something learned in Europe.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
http://naviservice.com.pl/?item=169&lang=en Got back to me by email 2weeks ago asking for my paypal email so they could send me a refund. I gave it to them over and over trying to get my money back for the order I placed on Feb4th and never recieved.They never sent me a refund or any other reply.That is no way to run a business or treat a customer.Do not do business with http://naviservice.com.pl/?item=169&lang=en They ripped me off and I am sure there are others who have been ripped off too.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
1998993C2S pm sent Weeks ago. Just as I thought you never responded. What a outfit? You think anyone knows who you work for??? Naviservice.com.pl

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I am a disabled single father bringing up 3 kids on my own and naviservice.com.Pl took $185.00 worth of food from me and my kids. Dont buy anything from naviservice.com.pl

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
sorry for your trouble. I had good service from them

please refrain from cross posting. I see some of your posts on three dirrerent boards. Too much rantiing on a board will get the thread deleted or the user banned.

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Full Disclosure: I don't know Naviservice PL from Jack she it.

1998993C2S pm sent Weeks ago. Just as I thought you never responded. What a outfit? You think anyone knows who you work for??? Naviservice.com.pl
Bill - Your troubles with this Poland based company are unfortunate. I did email contact them, on your behalf by the way - as a friendly TDI Club member jesture, and received no answer. Go figure! Myself like other TDI Club members have had exceptable business experiences with Naviservices PL.

Best of luck to you -

Last edited: