This is NOT correct information....if you have less than 64K (auto Tranny), that they will not apply the fix at this time. Need to wait til at least 112k.
No, and the top of that page explains that it won't. They use that question to help pre-screen the cars and help sort them into ones they can sell again and ones they can't.Received the scheduling email today. One question was about body repair in excess of $2000. If you have a repair that exceeded that amount will it affect the settlement amount?
I was supposed to get mine done this week, but the dealer called and cancelled because of parts problems.My in-service date was June 13 for the phase 2a/2b recall. Dealer still has the car as they claim they are waiting for a NO2 sensor. Back ordered they say. Anyone heard the same?
I’m a little bit ticked to say the least....but have had a loaner car from day one.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look for options with your scanner to reduce the resolution. It sounds like you have it at too high a setting for that maximum size. When I scanned and saved the 9 pages as PDF, I did at 200x200 (dpi) and it was just over 2 MB total.How in the blazes are you supposed to save all the scans of your final offer into one document that's under 10MB? I've been saving it and the smallest I can get it is 15MB and it gets rejected everytime I go to upload it on the portal.
Am I missing something?
Look for options with your scanner to reduce the resolution. It sounds like you have it at too high a setting for that maximum size. When I scanned and saved the 9 pages as PDF, I did at 200x200 (dpi) and it was just over 2 MB total.
Try a phone app like Scanner Pro or "Scan to PDF Free" (Android) - they're pretty good at capturing good-quality pages in pdf format. 9 pages = 2.5MB via Scanner Pro.How in the blazes are you supposed to save all the scans of your final offer into one document that's under 10MB? I've been saving it and the smallest I can get it is 15MB and it gets rejected everytime I go to upload it on the portal.
Am I missing something?
Interesting question.... considering the oil change is suspiciously absent from the wording in the Emissions Booklet (https://www.vwcanadasettlement.ca/w...-TDI-BOOKLET_GEN-3_ENGLISH-final_new-size.pdf)Have dealers been providing a free oil change at stage 2 as previously communicated.
https://www.vwcanadasettlement.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Settlement-Agreement.pdfTwo-Stage Approved Emissions Modification for Generation
3 Engines. In the event that the Approved Emissions
Modification for Eligible Vehicles with a Generation 3 engine
must be implemented in two separate stages, Eligible Owners,
Eligible Purchasers and Eligible Lessees of such Eligible
Vehicles who are eligible for and who elect the Approved
Emissions Modification Option will receive a payment when they
complete the first stage of the Approved Emissions Modification
in the amount of fifty percent (50%) of the applicable Damages
Payment. A payment of the remaining fifty percent (50%) of the
applicable Damages Payment, as well as an oil change with
respective engine oil filter at no charge, will be rendered to the
same Eligible Owner, Eligible Purchaser or Eligible Lessee, as
the case may be,
Not so sure on this.... based on this:The wording for the free oil change can be found in the court settlement documents... It does not apply to those who bought new old stock TDIs.
Purchasing these new-old stock cars that had phase one done, but were waiting for phase 2 seems to fall in this category.In the
event that ownership of an Eligible Vehicle with a Generation 3
engine changes after the first stage of the Approved Emissions
Modification is completed, and without the second stage
completed, a subsequent owner of the Eligible Vehicle that
completes the second stage of the Approved Emissions
Modification will receive an oil change with respective engine oil
filter at no charge, as well as a payment of fifty percent (50%) of
the Damages Payment that would apply if the subsequent owner
was the same Eligible Owner, Eligible Purchaser, or Eligible
Lessee, as applicable, that completed the first stage of the
Approved Emissions Modification for the Eligible Vehicle.
I thought I remembered something about those cars not being eligible - but couldn't remember where.The definitions section has this to say about Eligible Vehicles:
“Eligible Vehicle” means a Volkswagen- or Audi-brand vehicle equipped
with a 2.0-litre diesel engine that (a) is of a model type and model year
listed in Schedule “A”; (b) was originally either sold, or leased from VCCI,
in Canada; (c) at any point during the period from September 18, 2015
through the Pre-Approval Notice Date, was registered in Canada with a
provincial ministry of transportation or an equivalent agency, or owned by
an Authorized VW Dealer or Non-VW Dealer that holds title to the vehicle
or holds the vehicle by bill of sale, but excluding any of the vehicles with a
VIN listed in Schedule “C”
Classic case of hindsight...Interesting thing happened at my buy back. It seems that RicePoint has gotten tougher about getting the alloy wheels back. I returned my Golf for buy back last week with my winter steel wheels on it. The agent asked about the original alloy wheels (I had given them to my son a while ago). The agent took pictures of the wheels which he emailed to RicePoint.
On the phone the RP rep told me that they needed the alloy wheels back. He actually tried to tell me that the class action settlement terms required the wheels to be returned. When I pushed back he admitted that it was a recent change in VW policy that required the wheels be returned. I said VW can have whatever policy they want but that the buy back was only subject to the terms of the court ordered settlement.
I insisted that I wasn’t going to get the wheels back from my son despite their demand. The buy back was delayed until the next day so the RicePoint rep could check with his supervisor.
Next day they asked again for me to get the alloys back. I said I couldn’t do that. They said OK and gave me the cheque. Done.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
can someone please help me understand the numbers here and the tax savings? this is my first car and i bought it outright
according to the vw settlement page:
1) Buyback with trade-in:
same number minus the FMV
For example, if i'm looking at getting into a 2019 Tiguan (say release date is Sept/Oct) with a final price of $50k...how does the tax portion come into play? Do i have to wait for the vehicle to be released or can a deposit be put on it?
Also, the Sept 1 deadline, what actually needs to be completed by then? if i complete the forms and upload the docs, when am i locked into a decision?
You use Up to 14,900 towards your new car. If you were to use ALL of it, that 14,900 comes off of the price of the new car, AND you don't pay tax on it. You get a check for for 12,150.1) Buyback with trade-in:
You get a check for 27,0502) Buyback