Search results

1. M

Hey would you happen to still have the service manual for a 2005 Passat TDI?

Hey would you happen to still have the service manual for a 2005 Passat TDI?
  2. M

O2E DSG Ring Gear and Pinion

I did look at that list and it is interesting. Now to do a little research on the posible software problems / fixes. One of those could very well work.
  3. M

Ok so what I've found out it that the O2E does not have a traditional ring gear and pinion set as most of us normally think about. Instead the output end of 6th gear is the pinion gear and the ring gear is still on the differential. The thing is both gears are straight cut gears. Seeing as how...
  4. M

Yes tactdi as I did say in my first (for the O2E DSG trans.) it is a O2E DSG. Oh Turbo thanks for the cheapest way out but I just don't want to pimp my ride. I think I'll contact Dark across the pond to see if they can come up with options. Hammer lane traffic here is 90, 95 normally in the...
  5. M

Ok so I've been wondering if someone makes a taller ring gear and pinion set for the O2E DSG trans. What I want to do is drop my rpm by about 500rpm so when I'm going to work in the mornings I'm not turning 3k for 40 miles each way. Also I'd like to hear someone else that might have already did...
  6. M

No Crank

Thanks for the info
  7. M

No Crank

Ok so I bought a 06 Passat for $750 with issues of course for that price. The guy dropped the turbo and drove it about a mile to his house then installed a new turbo only to find out his was too late. I crank it and sounded like #3 rod so it runs when I loaded it on the car dolly, runs when I...
  8. M

Dash MPG Gauge

It was set at 100. That's default for km if I'm not mistaken. Only thing is the display changed in 2010 or there about so in VCDS it's just a little bit different but nothing you can't figure out easily. Thanks tactdi for giving me that link.
  9. M

Dash MPG Gauge

Yes the Ø is in front to the left of it with the outside temp below it. I'll try the proceedure you've shown me. Thank you. My last was 75.9mpg and I only wish :)
  10. M

Dash MPG Gauge

Ok so I know the dash will tell you your MPG you're getting and it always lies to you, but come on being 30+ off is just annouying. Is there anyway to adjust that to close the gap to say within 10 or so off? It's telling me I'm getting 75+mpg when my actual combined is 42 and this is on just...
  11. M

No blow by from valve cover to turbo intake tube.

I took the cover off and placed a rag over the opening for the tube. It was open so I don't know but now it works although it has way to much blowby. I mean if you unlatch the oil cap and let go it blows if off the cover blowby. Sooooo that being said I've got a core motor coming to build...
  12. M

No blow by from valve cover to turbo intake tube.

Ok so I just noticed oil around my oil fill cap and I'm like now what is it. When I took the cap off there is blow by like crazy but it never uses oil between changes. So I removed the line from the valve cover to the intake tube to the turbo and there is not a thing coming out of it. Is this a...
  13. M

Turbo Vacuum line

I found the old vacuum line. Well what's left of it from me running over it with the mower that is. OOPS
  14. M

Turbo Vacuum line

Found one on EB THX
  15. M

Turbo Vacuum line

Ok so somehow my steel vacuum line on my 2006 Jetta has gone missing. Anyone have a spare steel line that they're willing to sale? It's the steel line that goes through all the hot zones on the back of the engine to the short rubber hose to the turbo actuator. Beats me were that stupid thing...
  16. M

Looking at a 2005 Passat

Yea I bought a cam kit for my Jetta from Franko6. The PD140 and oil line I bought from another vendor. I don't know as to which makes more HP but the combo is great. Currently I'm replacing the intercooler and all pressure hoses/hard plastic lines. That's another pain to do.
  17. M

Looking at a 2005 Passat

Yea I offered him 750 and he's talking so he'll sell it for that. I called Frank about the oil pump on these, man that will be a pain but I can still make a profit even installing a new timing kit from Frank as well as his oil pump conversion or I may just keep it if it look as good as it does...
  18. M

Looking at a 2005 Passat

Ok so the car by the pictures looks really nice inside and out and the price is dirt cheap 1k. Now the bad he's telling me that it has low oil pressure above 3K RPM and stiff break pedal with 233k mileage. I'm thinking possible grounding issues? He's also had the DSG rebuilt 48k ago new turbo...
  19. M

Mass Air Problems

Ok the voltages are correct although the color code is wrong. How would I go about checking to see if the cat converter is clogged and or the muffler?
  20. M

Mass Air Problems

I found this MAF diagram on another forum sight below. Can anyone confirm that it is correct for my 06 Jetta BRM? On my '05 AWP, this is the wiring for my MAF: Pin 1: (empty) Pin 2: 12V source Pin 3: Ground Pin 4: 5V source Pin 5: 5V MAF signal output Pin 1 : Pin 2 : Blue/Yellow : 12V Pin 3 ...