Dash MPG Gauge

moonshyne0986

TDI
2006 jetta 1.9 BMR TDI DSG
Ok so I know the dash will tell you your MPG you're getting and it always lies to you, but come on being 30+ off is just annouying. Is there anyway to adjust that to close the gap to say within 10 or so off? It's telling me I'm getting 75+mpg when my actual combined is 42 and this is on just short trips of 35 miles up I69.

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
There are two MPG display's. Current MPG which can be a high number that changes frequently and the Average MPG which is a more steady
number that increases/decreases slowly. The Average MPG figure should have a Zero with a line through it in front of the number.

You can adjust the MPG calculation by:

moonshyne0986

TDI
Yes the Ø is in front to the left of it with the outside temp below it. I'll try the proceedure you've shown me. Thank you. My last was 75.9mpg and I only wish :)

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Maybe it has somehow gotten coded to imperial gallons. I've not seen one that far off for average. Mine have always been ~ 5 - 10% high

moonshyne0986

TDI
It was set at 100. That's default for km if I'm not mistaken. Only thing is the display changed in 2010 or there about so in VCDS it's just a little bit different but nothing you can't figure out easily. Thanks tactdi for giving me that link.