No blow by from valve cover to turbo intake tube.

moonshyne0986

TDI
2006 jetta 1.9 BMR TDI DSG
Ok so I just noticed oil around my oil fill cap and I'm like now what is it. When I took the cap off there is blow by like crazy but it never uses oil between changes. So I removed the line from the valve cover to the intake tube to the turbo and there is not a thing coming out of it. Is this a common problem? I'm going remove the cover and see why nothing is coming through but is there anything else I need to look for?

Rx7145

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
You can’t really see much from underneath. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Ramp Rat

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM; Case 580SK Backhoe; '06 Dodge 5.9 24V Cunnins.
I'm no expert so take what I say with a shot of booze but, I have an '06 Jetta TDI BRM and the tube from my valve cover to the intake looks like the Exxon Valdez ran aground. My oil filler cap never shows any sign of leaking.
With all that said, I took my valve cover off to see what it looked like inside. There seems to be a very detailed system for crankcase ventilation/oil separation. If it were me, I'd look and see if there was something blocking the function of the vent tube to the intake.
JMHO, Steve.

moonshyne0986

TDI
2006 jetta 1.9 BMR TDI DSG
I took the cover off and placed a rag over the opening for the tube. It was open so I don't know but now it works although it has way to much blowby. I mean if you unlatch the oil cap and let go it blows if off the cover blowby. Sooooo that being said I've got a core motor coming to build. Blowby was caused by my lower radiator hose blowing off. Stupid spring clip. Still runs well starts easy and gets 42mpg but with that much blowby I can't trust it anymore. I bought 06 Passat with a blown engine for 750 then found a low mileage BEW 47k for a daily driver so now the Jetta will become my toy.