No Crank

moonshyne0986

TDI
2006 jetta 1.9 BMR TDI DSG
Ok so I bought a 06 Passat for $750 with issues of course for that price. The guy dropped the turbo and drove it about a mile to his house then installed a new turbo only to find out his was too late. I crank it and sounded like #3 rod so it runs when I loaded it on the car dolly, runs when I parked it in my yard. Now I go out to move it to mow and no crank nadda nothing at all. So ok the battery is dead. I jump it same thing nadda. I took the + cable off and charged it on 10amps overnight and I check the voltage 13.7 still nadda. Now I've pulled it to my drive to start to figure out what it's problem is because I really don't want to push it up on a dolly have the engine installed I found for it. Only 47k on the rear damaged wrecked one. Give me some points to check to get this thing to at least turn over. I'm thinking maybe a bad ground somewhere?

Oh by the way if I'm in the wrong place to post this please let me know where I need to be.

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
There is an excellent write-up on no-crank/no-start on PassatWorld. By TomVW I believe. It’s geared toward gassers but many of the checks should apply to a diesel.