Search results

1. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek launches New Beetle-specific site, Betelgeek!

Hey y'all, Jim from Dieselgeek here. A year or so ago I started thinking about how many of our products apply to the New Beetle and thought it would be a good idea to set up a site that is written for and caters to New Beetle owners only. My new site, Betelgeek, is for New Beetle owners only...
  2. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek MK4 Panzer rivnut install video!

Dieselgeek MK4 Panzer skid plate rivnut install video! Hey y'all, I shot this video a couple of months ago to make it very easy to see how to install all seven rivnuts in the MK4 body and subframe. Once our custom steel rivnuts are installed into the preexisting 13mm holes, the Panzer is ready...
  3. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek replacement MK4 shifter bushings!

Hey Y'all, Jim from Dieselgeek here. I wanted to make a formal announcement about our new line of replacement shifter bushings created for the MK4 Golf, Jetta and New Beetle. As you know, the cars are getting on up there in age and the soft plastic bushings on the cabin-side of the manual...
  4. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Panzer skid plate because a belly pan isn't enough!

Get a Dieselgeek Panzer skid plate because a belly pan isn't enough! Hey y'all, Jim from Dieselgeek here. Well, it's been a heck of a winter and quite a few Panzer plates have left the building. While talking to TDI drivers on the phone I've heard a lot of stories about snow drifts and ice...
  5. Dieselgeek

Set of four TPMS sensors, $100 shipped!

Hey y'all, I have four TPMS sensors from a wheelset I am no longer using. They were on my 2010 Golf TDI for less than a year. I am selling them only as a set. These are perfect for mounting on a set of winter rims. They are OE: 1K0 907 255C and work perfectly. I will only accept PayPal sent to...
  6. Dieselgeek

Buy a Dieselgeek kit, get up to 6 months to pay through Bill Me Later

Hey y'all, We have a new service from PayPal that allows you to buy what you want now (over $99) and get 6 months to pay, interest free. Bill Me Later is the name of the service and requires credit approval through PayPal but I've heard the terms are pretty easy. Just make sure to pay the...
  7. Dieselgeek

Isn't it about time you treated yourself to a Sigma Shifter?

Hey y'all, You work hard and drive a lot, right? Well maybe it's time you splurged and got yourself a Sigma Shifter to make the drive home so much more enjoyable and sporty. So many people have emailed us to say adding the Sigma should be the first thing you do to your car, it's that good...
  8. Dieselgeek

Fix kits for broken New Beetle door handles

Hey Y'all, I've been around the block with VW's and in the last couple of years I've noticed that there are a bunch of New Beetles with broken or cracked door handles and door panels. Well, I looked into this recently and found that when the door handle cracks there hasn't been much you could...
  9. Dieselgeek

This won't happen to you until it does...

Hey y'all, Jim again from Dieselgeek.com. I was visiting Austin Veedub last week working on my new hot product for New Beetle owners when I asked a service tech about why the oil pan was missing from the Jetta he was working on. He told me he was about to put on the third new pan on this...
  10. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek has the Panzer skid plate for your 2013 Beetle!

Hey y'all, I wanted to announce that the Beetle Panzer is now available for all 2012 and 2013 Beetles! Protect your car from the ravages of the road including retreads, ice chunks, dead animals, and other random road hazards. The plate is made from .190" 5052 aluminum like our other plates and...
  11. Dieselgeek

New Dieselgeek Sigma 6 install videos!

Hey Y'all, I shot a few YouTube videos last week to demonstrate how easy it is to install one of our Sigma 6 Short shift kits on a MK5 or MK6 Common Rail Golf/Jetta, B7 Passat or the upcoming 2013 TDI Beetle. The install is broken up into four short videos: Part 1: Removing the air box for...
  12. Dieselgeek

Five speed VW shifter adjustment video

Five speed shifter adjustment video Hey y'all, I shot a new YouTube video today showing two new procedures to properly adjust the shift cables on a stock TDI five speed both MK4 and MK5 from year models 2000-2006. This procedure does not apply to 1998 and 1999 MK4 Golf/Jetta/New Beetle. Those...
  13. Dieselgeek

All New B7 Passat Panzer Heavy Duty Skid Plate--on Sale!

Hey y'all, This is Jim from Dieselgeek.com here to announce the arrival of our new B7 Passat Panzer Plate for the 2012 and 2013 Passats. The B7 Panzer follows the time tested MK5/MK6 Panzer in design but is tailored just for the Passat. It features nice, stout stainless steel front mounting...
  14. Dieselgeek

Anybody here in San Antonio or Austin?

Hey y'all, I need to find some willing participants to test fit a new piece we have made for the 2012 Passat TDI only. No cars will be harmed in the process. Any help will be compensated and it should only take two meetings to giterdone. Gimme a ring at 2one0 8five2 4eight19 or send an email to...
  15. Dieselgeek

MK5 and MK6 OE Steel Wheels

Hey y'all, I have a set of very clean steel wheels for a MK5 or MK6 Golf/Jetta. The part number is 1K0 601 027C. They are 5x112, painted black (factory paint) and do not have wheel speed sensors, valve stems or hub caps. They are nearly new and rust free. I want $50 each or $200 for the...
  16. Dieselgeek

New Dieselgeek website taking Discover and offering cheaper shipping!

Hey Y'all, I'm super jazzed to announce that we switched over our site to a different shopping cart platform a couple of days ago and I gotta say the new system is a BIG improvement. Here are just a few of the improvements: 1. We are now accepting Discover cards right on the website. This is...
  17. Dieselgeek

ALH harness and ECU non immobilizer thread

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=319627 Jim
  18. Dieselgeek

ALH harness and ECU for TDI conversion non immobilizer!

Hey y'all, I am selling my personal stash ALH full, complete wiring harness and ECU for doing an easy TDI conversion. This ECU was from a NON immobilizer car that also did not have ABS so you will have fewer things to deal with when you get your TDI-powered Frankenbeast running. I have had the...
  19. Dieselgeek

Interesting Dieselgeek Panzer Plate referral

I just got off of the phone with a guy from Denver who ordered a MK5/MK6 Panzer for his Jetta. I asked him how he knew of the Dieselgeek Panzer and he told me that he was out in the parking lot at work the other day and saw that a tow truck driver was helping a coworker unlock her car that was...
  20. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Panzer. Not just for TDI, not just for VW!

Hey y'all, I have many TDI driving customers who also have an Audi or gasoline powered Volkswagen in the family and to those folks I wanted to mention that our well known Panzer Plate skid plate kits are made for gas powered Veedubs and Audis, too. Our coverage for Audi cars is currently the...