Interesting Dieselgeek Panzer Plate referral

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I just got off of the phone with a guy from Denver who ordered a MK5/MK6 Panzer for his Jetta. I asked him how he knew of the Dieselgeek Panzer and he told me that he was out in the parking lot at work the other day and saw that a tow truck driver was helping a coworker unlock her car that was parked next to his Jetta. They all got to talking about car stuff and then the tow truck driver saw that my customer drove a VW. The tow driver then went on to tell my customer that he sure did have to tow a lot of VW's with cracked oil pans and that he should go to dieselgeek.com and buy a skid plate so it didn't happen to him, too! He was that specific. The Jetta driver told me that before then he had never heard of my website. I guess the word gets around in unexpected ways!

Now, I gotta find that tow truck driver;)

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I love those random kind of referrals =)

I bet Anuthee knows the driver, cracked oil pans = tdi wonderland. Hehe

FL/COtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Tow truck drivers are automotive preventative disaster gurus. Heed their advice and your car will live much longer. They typically have a dramatic sense of humor as well:)

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I get a lot of orders and requests for shipping price quotes to GB and the EU. Here's a letter from a repeat customer from the tippy top of Scotland:

Dear Sir,

I am just letting you know that I am very happy with the service I received following the placement of my order for a Panzer Plate.
I ordered it 21st April, and had it at my house 26th April. This included the various holidays we had in the UK over the weekend.

This is the second time I have ordered a Panzer Plate from you and received it expeditiously, the last time was for my wife's car during the heavy winter we had - and again it arrived in good time - unlike most products I ordered from the UK.

The reason I ordered both plates was that last year I managed to put a rock through the bottom of my wife's engine sump, and destroyed her Audi Quattro 2.5TDi engine. £3500 later, the $200 for a Panzer Plate seemed a bargain, so when I bought a 2.5TDi Quattro too, thought it prudent to protect mine! (We live in the North of Scotland, and my driveway is a mile of dirt track that damages tractors!)

I would heartily recommend your product to anybody, as it was well made and easy to fit. I feel I am qualified to make that appraisal, as I am a Multi -Licensed, BSc qualified Aircraft Engineer with 20+ years engineering experience.

Thank You again,

Paul

roy1

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I get a lot of orders and requests for shipping price quotes to GB and the EU. Here's a letter from a repeat customer from the tippy top of Scotland:

Dear Sir,

I am just letting you know that I am very happy with the service I received following the placement of my order for a Panzer Plate.
I ordered it 21st April, and had it at my house 26th April. This included the various holidays we had in the UK over the weekend.

This is the second time I have ordered a Panzer Plate from you and received it expeditiously, the last time was for my wife's car during the heavy winter we had - and again it arrived in good time - unlike most products I ordered from the UK.

The reason I ordered both plates was that last year I managed to put a rock through the bottom of my wife's engine sump, and destroyed her Audi Quattro 2.5TDi engine. £3500 later, the $200 for a Panzer Plate seemed a bargain, so when I bought a 2.5TDi Quattro too, thought it prudent to protect mine! (We live in the North of Scotland, and my driveway is a mile of dirt track that damages tractors!)

I would heartily recommend your product to anybody, as it was well made and easy to fit. I feel I am qualified to make that appraisal, as I am a Multi -Licensed, BSc qualified Aircraft Engineer with 20+ years engineering experience.

Thank You again,

Paul
Dude you are talking about Gross Britania. Guy states this road damages tractors that he drives on . Think about it, Stupidity can be every where.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Streets are paved in solid gold in Germany. Never a stray bit on the highway. Never.

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I get orders from Germany, too. Treacherous roads are everywhere. I did not post the letter above to show the man was lacking in good judgment.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
That is a great referral from the tow truck guy. I can't wait to get my plate on. Mine has been sitting in my garage for a month waiting for me to gather the necessary tools and the time. And of course I ended up on a dirt road in VT in mud season with ruts up to my windows to drive around and my plate back in the garage. I was lucky to survive that trip.

My busted plastic belly pan flapping around under the car is a daily reminder that I need to get this project done!

DCdesign

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Mine took a solid hit the other day after hitting a set of railroad tracks too fast.
Hardly a scuff. Great products get great word to mouth!

roy1

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Streets are paved in solid gold in Germany. Never a stray bit on the highway. Never.
Touche, unless you mean gold as in unlimited speed on on protions of the autobahn. When there is an obstruction on a street , we stop and remove it , instead of driving over it.

I get orders from Germany, too. Treacherous roads are everywhere. I did not post the letter above to show the man was lacking in good judgment.
Hmm you may have a minute point there, but this is Germany. Our worst road is better than your best highway. I know I wouldnt buy one knowing that it would cost 29% more for me to have one in Germany, plus it is not Tuev approved from the manufacturer to have it on the vehicle. Are you ready to go down that rabbit hole?

FL/COtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
plus it is not Tuev approved from the manufacturer to have it on the vehicle. Are you ready to go down that rabbit hole?
Touche! Do you know any drivers that are Tuev approved from the manufacture:eek:

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I just wanted to let you know the panzer plate on my Golf undoubtedly saved my engine last night. I was driving on a dark road and I hit a chunk of asphalt the size of a soccer ball, while driving 45mph...

The only thing that was seriously damaged was my nerves and underpants...:eek:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I just wanted to let you know the panzer plate on my Golf undoubtedly saved my engine last night. I was driving on a dark road and I hit a chunk of asphalt the size of a soccer ball, while driving 45mph...

I can give the same kind of testimonial. Last week I hit a rock about 6 or 7 inches in diameter. I could actually feel the front of the car lift up when I hit it. Except for a dent in the Panzer plate, no damage done (except as you mentioned above:rolleyes:). Great product. Thanks Jim!

Have Fun!

Don

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS

And the chunk of asphalt is probably pebbles. I use the OEM skidplate, but I still can see the value of the panzer plate...

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
sigh...I may be the idiot

I thought that I was reading

And the chunk of asphalt was probably just pebbles

Its amazing how one word changes a sentence completely....

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Or in other words, the skid plate obliterated the chunk of asphault...

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Hey Jim, I want to apologize for making a mess in your thread, and jbeu, sorry, I'll read things more carefully from now on.

RCW46.61.100.4

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI 6 MT 2003 Golf 2 Dr 5 MT (2) 1981 Audi 5000 diesel's 1994 Chevy 6.5 running WVO
I know you all know that the VW pan is low.
I drive a tow truck for AAA Washington fleet, and I have seen many pans broken by the tow truck as well as the road.
AAA policy is to put VW's on carriers like what I drive:D
But there is a way to guarantee that the tow truck will not bust your pan...get a panzer;)
well the tow truck company can purchase this pillow thing that he airs up and puts between the wheel lift crossbar and the pan to stop the pan from bouncing into the crossbar and making and oil slick while on tow:eek:

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I just checked and those pillow things are out of stock everywhere...:)