Search results

1. dabear95

Mid Michigan GTG -- Saturday, July 10th

Would like to make it out and see some of the old faces, just too dang much work right now. I'm not complaining about it though. Have fun everyone!:D -Jason
  2. dabear95

Mid Michigan summer GTG --Saturday, July 25th

I should be there this year. Keep on rolling... Jason
  3. dabear95

Poor power brake assist and poor mileage

Having problems with intermittent power brakes and it is getting more common. Also notice a loss of MPG. From searching it sounds like it might be the common problem of the vacuum hose to the booster. Before just buying the part can someone point me in the direction of how to test and find...
  4. dabear95

VW needs feedback on performance hatch

I can't post there, but here is my vote. I think VW would sell plenty. Jason
  5. dabear95

Towing in Winter, for those that get snow

Thanks man! Has the 2nd largest upgrade tires and spare (higher load rating). Drives like a dream... Jason
  6. dabear95

Towing in Winter, for those that get snow

Hey, we need to talk. I would not pull an enclosed trailer on my way to the UP in February, too much wind, be like towing a sail. I have a beautiful 12' single for my 136" machine, hooks in the back and all...
  7. dabear95

Weight of a 4-cyl engine

Well, he might be set to cruise at peak HP RPM so that average speed might be higher than you think. Actual speed on the water will not be close, but the RPM's will tell you. What is the cruising RPM? Jason
  8. dabear95

AC FCM help needed

Bump for you, I am interested as well. When I turn my AC on, neither fan runs. Jason
  9. dabear95

Fob died, Change Battery, Light Continuous Flash

I did find that part XXXer, here is the link: http://www.riskin.org/vwkey/ Jason
  10. dabear95

What are my options - broken flex pipe/exhaust pipe

I have a break immediatly after my cat. So, the pipe is larger pre cat? I thought it was all 50 mm. Jason
  11. dabear95

Fob died, Change Battery, Light Continuous Flash

Wife placed fob in letter holder and somehow jammed one of the buttons down. Alarm went off in the middle of the day. Very weird so I did not give up and found immediatly that when I tried to use the other fob (ony in letter holder) it was dead. Original batteries from 2002 in both Fob's...
  12. dabear95

Downpipes Arriving Soon at TDIParts!

It that is correct then I think the tail pipe would have to be welded as well. If that is true seems like installing the exhaust (down pipe, cat, muffler, tail pipe) as one piece would be a bit hard. Jason
  13. dabear95

Downpipes Arriving Soon at TDIParts!

Peter, Besides figuring out the exit (pipe or muffler) what is needed to install? If I go with the cat does it come with clamps? Pretty sure my OEM downpipe is leaking, so...perfect time to upgrade. Thanks, Jason
  14. dabear95

New Timing belt brakes after ~300 miles

Yeah, good point Tom.
  15. dabear95

Used 03 Jetta, Delo 15/40

With engines designed for the oil with different flow reuirments, internal passages, etc. I'm of the mind to keep looking. If they can't follow the simple directions what about everything else... Jason
  16. dabear95

New Timing belt brakes after ~300 miles

Seems to me they would only be liable for the belt without significant litigation effort. Jason
  17. dabear95

Manual or Automatic tranny?

I tell people that ask me about my car but want an auto to buy something else! ;) Seriously.:cool: Jason
  18. dabear95

Michigan Summer GTG

I'm happy and sad. Due to upcomming workload I was able to extend my vacation that was originally ending on the 22nd through that weekend. However, that means I miss the party. Have fun everyone! Jason
  19. dabear95

Need assistance for setting a price.

I have had 2 forward facing seats (two under two) and a 12 year old in the back. ;) Anyway... 7-11K depending on condition, hard to determine without seeing the vehicle, IMO. Jason
  20. dabear95

Good EGT values

Wow, does he have enough links in that sig?:rolleyes: Edit - fixed now! I see 550-700F cruising at 70-75MPH with 2-4 lbs of boost. Jason