Downpipes Arriving Soon at TDIParts!

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
MikeS_18 said:
I'm confused. Hammerheads don't match up with stock downpipes?
If you look at the photo in the first post, the third one down. You will notice that the gasket is much lower than the hole in the pipe! The KERMA hammerheads will match up to that gasket. So you will clearly see that by moving the pipe upwards, it will be severely obstructed. That is why the hammer and hammerhead turbos match the factory pipe 100% correct! They are port matched to that configuration. They will fit all factory downpipes and most aftermarket ones but not this one.

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
IndigoBlueWagon said:
We decided to make a thick (1/2 inch) flange with a port that matches a VNT-15/17/hybrid exit and then makes the transition to the 2.5" pipe.
looks like it fits stock VNT15, this is not what the hammerhead is made off??:confused:

Raimieb

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL, 1.9L TDI
helpful

just thought it would be helpful if vendors could list what turbo's their downpipes work with, esp. for someone who wants to upgrade the performance of their car but doesn't know everything about port matching...esp. if asking 400$ for dp...unless there are just too many turbo's out there for an a4 alh? which is a possibility..

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Exits on VNT-15, 17, and 17/22 are very similar. As is the exit on the KP39. Our pipe was fashioned specifically for a VNT-15, but the others work equally well.

silverbox

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta wagon 2003 silver
Peter on some other thread I thought I recall photos of the flange and inside the flared section at the entry of the DP. Do you have any you could put on this thread?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
These came in yesterday:

The other side matches exactly with a VNT-15 or 17 exit and this side matches up with the 2.5" pipe. And it's stainless. Will it make a difference? I think I've got to get one on my Golf and find out.

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
Peter,

Besides figuring out the exit (pipe or muffler) what is needed to install? If I go with the cat does it come with clamps?

Pretty sure my OEM downpipe is leaking, so...perfect time to upgrade.

Thanks,
Jason

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
The CAT *should* be welded on by an exhaust shop. The pipe will need to be cut to place the CAT in the correct position.

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
It that is correct then I think the tail pipe would have to be welded as well. If that is true seems like installing the exhaust (down pipe, cat, muffler, tail pipe) as one piece would be a bit hard.

Jason

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
Hey Mikey, he likes it!! At 5 months anyway, definitely nice. Vrrrrooooom!!

Jake smokes way more than I really like, but that's mostly due to RC3 & the pp520s and I suppose the catufflerectomy contributes.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Jetta, getting rid of smoke with PP520s and the stock turbo is tough. You should try to get more air into the turbo (OMI or something similar) and also bump your IQ to 6.0 or so. That will help a lot.