Search results

1. J

Polestar "No Dieselgate"

Anyone else notice the ad I say on TV for the Caddy Polestar 2 all electric car? They put in big letters on screen "NO DIESELGATE". I laughed out loud, made wife look up and ask whats going on. didn't realize Audi/VW diesels were cutting that far into their sales. Not that Caddy didn't...
  2. J

Opti-lube order seattle

Going to order some opti-lube XPD in next couple days. I live near Auburn. wondering if anyone wants to combine an order to save on shipping. save about $5 each gallon when splitting shipping costs. $5 isn't much but it is like getting a free lunch. I like a free lunch. will order soon as...
  3. J

WTB wheels for pathfinder, PNW area

looking for a set of wheels for my 2015 pathfinder. (I know....wrong forum) but you never know what someone might have in the garage or friends garage. on now are stock 18x8, 114.3x5 lug spacing, 30 offset. tire size 235-65-18 live in Seattle area but travel often to Oregon and...
  4. J

P0269 strange scenario

Didn't see this when searching so thought I would post. Manual Tranny 2010 Jetta....Was coasting down Interstate in gear, light braking for slowing traffic when a car cut into the space in front of me and slammed his brakes because traffic was slowing. I hit my brakes hard and killed the eng...
  5. J

May 18, 1980. St Helens Day

I know this predates all our TDI's, but what were you driving and doing when Mount St Helens blew May 18, 1980??? I had just bought my first car, '73 Chevy Luv (Isuzu). Beat up old farm truck. I was in Tumwater, got in the car to drive home over White Pass to Yakima. Wow the clouds looked...
  6. J

cleaning wire harness of battery acid

checking oil the other day and found the wire harness behind the battery neg cable unsheathed. looks like battery terminal corrosion ate away the tape covering the harness. it just flakes away when touched exposing the 1000 or so very small gauge wires inside. looked but did not see any...
  7. J

doing my timing belt 2010 Jetta

South of Seattle......Doing my timing belt in my garage around Dec 11. Maybe not till monday Dec 14. on vacation the whole week. I have the dieselgeek timing belt kit with the pin-lock tool kit. Also have the 2micron belt protector plate to instal with job. if anyone is interested in...
  8. J

I think I owe my dad an apology

I walk into house from a wifes friend funeral, its raining hard and dark, the daughter says she has a fuse or something out because she thinks both her headlights are out. its night out and I ask her, are your headlights on or not?? its dark outside!! But she doesn't know. people were just...
  9. J

Vegas to Seattle... 2 more times

Company transferring me to Seattle. Gave me 3 week notice. Starting May 18. Driving the VW there to start working then flying back month later to drive with wife and her car. enjoyed my 4 years in Vegas but glad to get moved before the summer heat hits. will be moving to the Puyallup area...
  10. J

vegas to seattle

planning to fly to Seattle to watch superbowl with friends. suddenly my wifes and my work slowed and now we both have an extra week off, so decided Friday to leave Monday and drive, for a few days in Napa before we superbowl party and watch the :p:p SEAHAWKS WIN 2ND IN A ROW. :p:p and...
  11. J

WTB, stereo, RCD-510 died today

2010 Jetta sedan, died on the wife today. She wants it working again soon. reset no help. before I start searching EBay thought I would give a quick try here. Someone upgrade and have one for sale??
  12. J

Vegas, ordering from dieselgeek

so went to B-fast the other day with Don, the moderator on this forum. He checked the voltage on my intake flap actuator with his VCDS. I am getting close to throwing the P2015 fault code. I am planning on ordering the external stop bracket from DIESELGEEK. the fix for the p2015 fault code...
  13. J

A/C Blower fan noise. Not everythings VW fault.

Wife called it a strange noise. Fix It it's irritating. With fan only on high was getting a warbling noise. no difference with A/C off and heat on. Noise sounded like worn bushing allowing fan to shift in housing. 5 years old and fan worn out!! Thanks VW. Tools...a slotted screwdriver...
  14. J

Vegas keys.

saw this place recomended a couple years ago. I didn't use them for my VW but they said they can do keys and fobs for VW 2010+. That the software for programing they have and the key cutter. For the job they did for me I recomend them. LOCK SPECIALTIES. 1914 HIGHLAND AVE (beside the I-15...
  15. J

Vegas car show June 7

not really a car show just a anyone can show up in parking lot GTG. Called "Cars and Coffee". There are usually a wide variety of old and new cars there. Just wondering if anyone else wants meet up this saturday. Myself and JSWTDI09 is planning to go. Last time we stopped for b'fast first...
  16. J

Vegas to Seattle and back. june july

Making a trip from Vegas to Washington state for sons wedding. wife hates long drives, so is flying. I enjoy long drives so am driving the Jetta. The wife does some catering and I am bringing equip up for wedding and also eliminate the need for a rental car for 2 weeks. not firm dates but...
  17. J

Las Vegas A/C RCV replacement

Finally found someone to do the RCV replacement on my A/C compressor. Friend of a friend has a shop in Pahrump. A friend I work with brings all his own cars to him. he gave me before and after psi numbers but the end result was on a 70F day it was blowing 50 deg. after valve replacement...
  18. J

I slept last night

May not seem like a big deal to most people but it is to me. After 28 years on grave shift I now work day shift. 27+ years seniority with my company finally means something. I might have to change my screen name now. jetlag was my constant state of being for the last 3 decades. Good...
  19. J

visit to disney world

Flying.... not bringing the car, in August. Anyone know the best deal on tickets for the park?? have seen ads for $220 each 3 day pass. wife, daughter, friend and I flying form here, son, girlfriend and 3 grandkids driving down from N Carolina. even just a few bucks off each is a lot...
  20. J

airplane pictures

someone asked me for a pic of my 46 Luscombe 8E. In this pic I had just arrived in Temecula, CA from Seattle area. 85 HP cruise along at 100 MPH, Yes my gauges are in MPH. How many other members here are plane people?? I chose this heading because this is my non TDI and Diesel vehicle I am...