vegas to seattle

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
planning to fly to Seattle to watch superbowl with friends. suddenly my wifes and my work slowed and now we both have an extra week off, so decided Friday to leave Monday and drive, for a few days in Napa before we superbowl party and watch the

:p:p SEAHAWKS WIN 2ND IN A ROW. :p:p

and bring some baby stuff up in the car since our oldest son and wife just announced their first baby on the way in 8 more months:) wifes been waiting for this and stocking up on stuff for a year now. hope we can fit it all in.

This trip should ensure my timing belt comes up in the spring. at 112,000 now. good thing I kept my snow tires when I moved to Vegas.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Are you expecting to need those snow tires?

I'm just 100 miles north of Seattle and there isn't a hint of snow around here. Even the ski hills are looking bare.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
here for 9 days and going to travel over the pass to Yakima so don't want to take a chance. got chains in trunk too. on I-5 around MT Shasta it was 32 outside and foggy. felt the car start to fishtail a couple times. so yes....I'm glad I still had them. A little more road noisy for the long drive though.

I was expecting maybe a little banter from Pats fans. Maybe none cause they see what the HAWKS can do.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
it was great. edge of the seat game all the way through. Headed home Thursday morn.

car running great. Vegas to Reno, car packed to the gills with baby stuff, traffic and me running 85-90 MPH climbing from 2000 ft elevation to Reno 5000 ft. filled 42 MPG. Reno, running around wine country, Lake county above Napa, then to CA-OR border to fill 48 MPG. To Puyallup in Seattle area, and running around town rest of week 45MPG. will have 115,000 miles on it when I get home.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
back home, my MPG home I have not figured but is terrible. Driving SE from Washington to Twin Falls Idaho had a quartering headwind from the NE, but thinking, at least I will have a tailwind home. get up and the storm front moved across to where now have a direct headwind all the way home. not a light breeze, but a getting out of car have to take a step to catch yourself gale. made for some fast moving semi's heading north on the hiway blowing the car around as they go by, kept me alert.

at least I didn't hit a blizzard in northern Nevada, like I did in June.