Polestar "No Dieselgate"

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Anyone else notice the ad I say on TV for the Caddy Polestar 2 all electric car? They put in big letters on screen "NO DIESELGATE". I laughed out loud, made wife look up and ask whats going on. didn't realize Audi/VW diesels were cutting that far into their sales. Not that Caddy didn't have a dieselgate themselves with that one they tried 40 years ago. My uncle bought one of those. A year later, car in shop for half of that year, the dealership he bought it from refused to take it as trade in on a new car.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
No but Cadillac has no room to brag about anything. Their history is littered with examples of abysmal failure, from Northstar engines blowing head gaskets to V8/6/4 technology on a tiny 4.1L V8, Billy Mitchel designed Seville with the bustle back.

If Cadillac wants to blame someone for their sales problems they should recognize that when they start pointing at VW there's three fingers pointing back at themselves. They only have themselves (and GM in general) to blame for their failings.

And Polestar sounds like something you'd find in a sleazy club in Vegas TBH.

EDIT: and FFS it's been how long now since the whole dieselgate thing? People now don't have that long of attention spans that they remember what happened last week...for Cadillac to mention "No Dieselgate" is really almost absurd....

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Polestar is a spinoff of Volvo. Nothing to do with Cadillac at all.
That's good to hear...I don't really pay much attention to EV anything because it's just annoying, but I assumed when someone mentioned "Caddy" that it was in relation to Cadillac.

Thanks for the clarification.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yeah, it's kind of a funny commercial. They flash a bunch of phrases, like no compromises, no dieselgate, no Mars mission, and finish up with no. 2. Makes me chuckle.