Recent content by 1963gp

1. drafting

drafting

2. 1963gp

White Eurovan Syncro TDI...

Yeppers That was me. I finished the Build in January. I have a place in the Poconos. I have put 13k Miles on it so far.
  3. 1963gp

MK4 Jetta Wagon Interior Parts (Black Leather)

do you still have the rear door cards
  4. 1963gp

Is it Possible of No TDI Alternative?

i still love my 1964 Chevy Corvair
  5. 1963gp

Valve Cover replacement...Doorman's

had a Chinese alh valve cover loose a screw that held the baffl in the valvecover. it took out the crank position sensor and the wheel.
  6. 1963gp

Southbend Clutch Kit Issues - Another set of 3rd gear synchros

My suggestion to you is to go back to stock and you will much happier. I am happy with an 80 percent improvement. I live in the Washington DC area commute in heavy traffic road race the car tow with a tow dolly and am racking up many miles plus track time since I did the fluid dampener with no...
  7. 1963gp

the 1.8t dampener works some machine a little off the back side I did not and my belt is wearing fine. no light foot here drive it every day and beat the hell out of it on the street and at the track. you can get one ready to bolt on here. http://www.inaengineering.com/ I don't know how...
  8. 1963gp

Yes you are correct. Reduced clatter by 80% also limit unnecessary idling. also noticed that shifting is smoother and less notchy. as far as I am concerned the proof is I the pudding. I tow cars with my Golf Road race it, auto cross it and daily drive it. If any one needs Syncros replaced...
  9. 1963gp

the newer syncos in the 02q are carbon steel except 5th and 6th which are stil brass. they are strong but brittle. They break due to the being rattled to death by the solid flywheel. the brass sycros are soft and forgiving. Again the fluid dampener solved this issue for me.
  10. 1963gp

LOL don't know about the cool factor but the fast factor make me smile.:)
  11. 1963gp

please folks run a fluid dampener don't let the car idle excessively. stop *****ing and and run 28 lbs of boost like me and enjoy towing road racing daily driving and save your syncros. trust me I know I have torn my 02q down 4 times to replace syncros. coming up on 20 k miles no issues. it...