Who all placed at TDIFest 2008

tdi52479

Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2005
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Platinum gray
Was anyone able to stick around for the banquet? Is anyone able to tell me who won the peoples choice and any of the main awards? Due to work tomorrow I wasnt able to stick around. Anyone know? Please I am anxious to find out:eek:
 

psst1997

Veteran Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Location
Kentucky
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI
I placed 2nd in the Passat class.
 

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Location
Newark, OH
TDI
None
People's Choice was Occam's Razor, IIRC.

Most in need of TLC was Validius. :p
 

petea4

Veteran Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Location
Toronto
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
compu_85 said:
Show and Shine:

A3 Jetta:
--First Place
-2nd Place

Passat (all models):
--First Place
-2nd Place

A4 Golf:
--First Place
-2nd Place

A4 Jetta:
--First Place
-2nd Place
-Third Place

New Beetle:
--First Place
-2nd Place

A5 Jetta
--First Place
-2nd Place

-- People's Choice

o Most in need of TLC (Not an award, will get cleaning stuff)

- Best TDI Conversion


-Jason

Can someone please fill this out?
 

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
Joined
Jul 29, 2001
Location
Versailles, Kentucky
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI, 2000 New Beetle
Patience, grasshoppers.

Fred has this info on his laptop. He is winging his way back to the Pacific Northwest, and will post as soon as he has a chance.
 

VeeDubTDI

Good Ol' Boy, TDIClub Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 2, 2000
Location
Springfield, VA
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I got first place for the Other Diesel class... although compu_85 did all of the work to the car. I just bought it from him. :)
 

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Location
Dayton, Ohio
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
tomo366 said:
She did!! that car is geogeous!!:D
Well that is going to make her weekend, (and mine I hope).... ;)

And she even claims that she did it all by herself! :p

She was a bit worried because all the judges came over and kept writing on their clipboards but wouldn't talk to her....:eek: Freaked her out. :rolleyes:
 

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #131
Joined
Jun 30, 1997
Location
Kensington, Maryland USA
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Occams_Razor said:
Well that is going to make her weekend, (and mine I hope).... ;)

And she even claims that she did it all by herself! :p

She was a bit worried because all the judges came over and kept writing on their clipboards but wouldn't talk to her....:eek: Freaked her out. :rolleyes:
I was one of the judges! SORRY IF WE FREAKED HER OUT we weren't really supposed to talk to the folks just evaluate and grade the cars!!
Congrats to both of you
 

VW Derf

Administrator
Joined
Jul 3, 1996
Location
Richmond, BC, Canada
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Since the fest I've only been home 2 nights and left the results all at home. I'll be back home Friday and will post it all then. Sorry for the delay.
 

petea4

Veteran Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Location
Toronto
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
VW Derf said:
Since the fest I've only been home 2 nights and left the results all at home. I'll be back home Friday and will post it all then. Sorry for the delay.
Which Friday? :D
 

petea4

Veteran Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Location
Toronto
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
compu_85 said:
Show and Shine:

A3 Jetta:
--First Place
-2nd Place

Passat (all models):
--First Place
-2nd Place

A4 Golf:
--First Place
-2nd Place

A4 Jetta:
--First Place
-2nd Place
-Third Place

New Beetle:
--First Place
-2nd Place

A5 Jetta
--First Place
-2nd Place

-- People's Choice

o Most in need of TLC (Not an award, will get cleaning stuff)

- Best TDI Conversion


-Jason

?????????????????????? :confused:
 

VW Derf

Administrator
Joined
Jul 3, 1996
Location
Richmond, BC, Canada
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Sorry for the long delay everyone... Here are the car show results.

A3 Jetta:
--First Place - Haiku TDI

Passat B4:
--First Place - Brussels Belgian
-2nd Place - Psst1997

Passat B5.5:
--First Place - Lug_Nut
-2nd Place - Route 66

A4 Golf:
--First Place - GTDI4
-2nd Place - petea4

A4 Jetta:
--First Place - PeterV
-2nd Place - Torque_Delight

New Beetle:
--First Place - Occams_Razor
-2nd Place - vikingrob

A5 Jetta
--First Place - Kromicacid
-2nd Place - bankman

Other diesels
--First Place - Registraion #11ytbil(Please send us your info)
-2nd Place - Registraion #5000(Please send us your info)

In need of a lot of TLC:
gti-tdi
 
Last edited:

kromicacid

Veteran Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Location
Glenmoore, PA
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
VW Derf said:
A5 Jetta
--First Place - Kromicacid
-2nd Place - bankman

Other diesels
--First Place - Registraion #11ytbil(Please send us your info)
-2nd Place - Registraion #5000(Please send us your info)

In need of a lot of TLC:
gti-tdi
YAY thats me!

I think #11ytbil was Lawson...
 

petea4

Veteran Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Location
Toronto
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
VW Derf said:
A4 Golf:
--First Place - GTDI4
-2nd Place - Registration #530 (Please send us your info)
I was cleaning up some paperwork this evening, and came across the TDIFEST "window card". Tossed it.

I'm looking at this thread again, and it got me thinking; "what number was i?"

Just dug it out, and I AM #530! Awesome!

PM'ing you.

Pete
 

petea4

Veteran Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Location
Toronto
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
VW Derf said:
Sorry for the long delay everyone... Here are the car show results.

A4 Golf:
--First Place - GTDI4
-2nd Place - Registration #530 (Please send us your info)
I sent my info for Registration #530. Do i get something for 2nd? :D

Pete
 

VeeDubTDI

Good Ol' Boy, TDIClub Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 2, 2000
Location
Springfield, VA
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
LOL Pete. Congrats! I thought 2nd place got a plaque, but I don't really remember. Maybe you just get your name on the internets. ;)
 
Top