VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Suggestions on who accepts the dealer card, and has bigger ticket items I might want? Thanks, James
Any VW dealership will accept the card. Also any VW dealership can order any VW supplied part or accessory. Any dealer probably has few of these items in stock but they can all get them.
If you want to get the best price, you can order online. Many dealerships have online parts/accessories stores but prices vary a lot. This dealership often has the best prices in their online store. http://www.keffervwparts.com/

Have Fun!

Don

Last Mango

TDI
2012 TDI DSG Sportwagen - Navigation, Panoramic sunroof
Don:

Thank you. I called, and they don't have Yeti Coolers, and said VW doesn't have a hitch mounted 4 bike carrier. They also do not carry Thule or Yakima bike racks. I suggested he become a Yeti Dealer. I bet he could sell thousands of them.

We won't have a VW for a while, until this mess blows over and I can get a VW diesel wagon again.

I already have a cargo box, none of our other cars need tires. How many VW T-shirts and coffee cups do I need? Lol.

Thanks.

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
Don:
Thank you. I called, and they don't have Yeti Coolers, and said VW doesn't have a hitch mounted 4 bike carrier. They also do not carry Thule or Yakima bike racks. I suggested he become a Yeti Dealer. I bet he could sell thousands of them.
We won't have a VW for a while, until this mess blows over and I can get a VW diesel wagon again.
I already have a cargo box, none of our other cars need tires. How many VW T-shirts and coffee cups do I need? Lol.
Thanks.
Can't you get tires at the dealer? I don't think they have to be mounted. There's $500 easy.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
We are selling back the TDI, and not replacing it with another VW. Need ideas on using up the $500 dealer card. I read somewhere aobut someone getting a yeti cooler. Another idea is a 4 place hitch insert bike rack. Suggestions on who accepts the dealer card, and has bigger ticket items I might want? Thanks, James
I sold mine for cash (small discount)

He was a TDICLUB member.

Maybe a vendor, or something like that.

Good luck

loop7

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I used my $500 dealer card for annual service a few days ago. The annual service was to be about $700 but the dealer seemed to be liberal with discounts and coupons so my out-of-pocket was $32.

I will miss my TDI so much but I have a feeling the California Air Resources Board will not rest until every diesel car is off the road.

Last Mango

TDI
Anyone in Central Florida want to buy this $500 VW Dealer card for $350? Expires in November.

Cheers,
James

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
I used my $500 dealer card for annual service a few days ago. The annual service was to be about $700 but the dealer seemed to be liberal with discounts and coupons so my out-of-pocket was $32.

I will miss my TDI so much but I have a feeling the California Air Resources Board will not rest until every diesel car is off the road.
Are many ppl still doing annual (or any service) to these cars that will be turned in? I'm due an oil change, but why bother...?

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
Are many ppl still doing annual (or any service) to these cars that will be turned in? I'm due an oil change, but why bother...?
Why bother? Let's see, maybe to keep the full value of your car? If you don't due the maintenance, and your engine goes do you really think VW will give you full price for you car? Dream on!

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Why bother? Let's see, maybe to keep the full value of your car? If you don't due the maintenance, and your engine goes do you really think VW will give you full price for you car? Dream on!
Well, on the one hand, if the engine isn't running, the car can't be turned in for buyback, because the sole condition for buyback is that it must be driven in to the turn-in location under its own 2.0L diesel engine power.
On the other hand, that is the sole condition*, and what sorta prompted this thread in the first place. Some people talking about gutting the car, swapping out junk components, wheels & tires, all kinds of stuff. But the only thing they can't do (but sounds like they would if they could) is drive it in Fred Flintstone style.

*NB: According to the language in the legal settlement agreement.

gliitch

TDI
MKVI Golf
We are selling back the TDI, and not replacing it with another VW. Need ideas on using up the $500 dealer card. I read somewhere aobut someone getting a yeti cooler. Another idea is a 4 place hitch insert bike rack. Suggestions on who accepts the dealer card, and has bigger ticket items I might want? Thanks, James
I bought tires for my trucks, 33"

No issues at all.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
The local VW dealer staff are good folks.

I talked them into subletting my new Audi to the best window tint shop in town to have the windows tinted and used my $500 dealer only card to pay.

They've done all the service on my VW JSW and do good work.

av8or

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG Candy White/Cornsilk
I haven't read this entire thread.... so this info may not be unique.

Our local VW dealer started a program just days after the $500 cards were announced. For the dealer-only card, they:

1. Took the card, and credited my account for $550. Yup, added $50 if you were willing to do all your card business with their store.

2. Made it non-expiring.

Since I do all my dealer business with them, I signed up immediately. So far have used it for splash-guard purchase and installation, and some services.

I suppose if they go out of business I'm out whatever remains on the ledger.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
Sounds like a smart dealership. Help the customer and he'll help you in return.

Small kindnesses can make us loyal to a dealer.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
Wish my dealer had done the same... now I'm off the purchase some tires for my MKZ from MY VW dealer. This should pretty much empty that card.

TODAY: I did empty the card... got 2 tires plus 3 coffee cups and 2 jugs of windshield washer fluid! Down to $0.40 !! Now the card is a souvenir.

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Send me an email. robby at runonbeer dot com

I have purchased over 30 of these cards so far from other members.

Keywords for future edit: goodwill card
TDICLUB members

This gentleman bought mine, --- 'bout 5(?) months ago.

All was 100% well.

I had no need for it as my car is a 2015 with zero needs for maintenance or repairs.

rambalu80

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW JSW TDI DSG
Send me an email. robby at runonbeer dot com

I have purchased over 30 of these cards so far from other members.

Keywords for future edit: goodwill card
Sold mine to Robby a few weeks back. He was true to his word and the transaction was smooth. I would certainly recommend Robby to interested sellers.

Last Mango

TDI
Struck a deal with Robby. I get the card off my desk, he get's a discount. Works well for both of us.

Cheers.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Sold mine to Robby too... didn't have any thing I needed from dealership

Awesome guy to deal with

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
I didnt think the dealer Cards were transferable?

Noticed vw sells a spare tire sub woofer (helix) but it's a bit more than the $500

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I don't know about transferrable, but those of us that have good relationships with VW dealers have made arrangements.

FWIW last time I checked kermatdi is still accepting them as payment for ECU tuning.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
I don't know about transferrable, but those of us that have good relationships with VW dealers have made arrangements.

FWIW last time I checked kermatdi is still accepting them as payment for ECU tuning.
Ah...ic. I'll have to think about that one. Was going to probably drive an hour to a vw/mazda dealer to see if they wouls let me buy a bunch on mazda stuff.

MaverickH1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I called my local dealership (First Team VW) and explained my... unique situation to them.

I'll be taking the buyback, and I have already purchased my replacement. A surplus military Humvee.

Needless to say... they have nothing for me at the VW dealership anymore. However, First Team has a Truck Center as well. So I had hoped they could get something from the Truck Center for my Humvee. Like... Trucklite 24V LED heated headlights or something... they said no. The card has to be used for VW.

I informed them that if that is their stance, I have no option but to use my card elsewhere, as other dealerships ARE taking the cards for other purposes. They said that they understood, but they just had a VW guy come in with paperwork and they were sticking to their position.

So in my case... I can't use my local dealer. However... I might be able to purchase tires for my wife's 4Runner and just not say what it is for... we'll have to see.

What a royal pain.

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
VW bought the wife and I one of these each. I plan on getting an electric kit for them.

TravelDave

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I didnt think the dealer Cards were transferable?
Noticed vw sells a spare tire sub woofer (helix) but it's a bit more than the $500
Off topic, but saw the sub woofer the other day. Does that go over the spare tire, or do you have to remove the spare tire to use the sub woofer?

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
^That does seem to be a bit of a stretch. I don't think skipping an oil change or "extending the life" of the current oil would lead to catastrophic failure. I believe that as long as you can drive the car onto the dealer lot and it doesn't have a rebuilt title, VW will pay up. It does however go against my nature to not change the oil (and other fluids) on a regular basis. But in this case I may throw caution to the wind. I do really wish they'd announce a fix that kept the current performance and MPG... but I don't think that will happen.