VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I believe that as long as you can drive the car onto the dealer lot and it doesn't have a rebuilt title, VW will pay up.
...and even if it does have a rebuilt or other branded title, VW will pay up in most cases--the exclusion for branded titles is very narrow.

TDI_SC

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I've been sitting on bought cards because I got them the day AFTER I sold mine (it left the day before). I was the legal owner the day I filed for the 2 cards.

Any way to get them activated without the registration and the car? I can prove I was the owner on record.

TSI_SC

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Finally popped my dealer card cherry. Drove vsr an hour to a VW/Mazda dealer. Bought stuff to do an oil change on my TDI, then bought a battery for my Mazda that was about to go out + 6 oil filters for future.

Only $200 left.

Vvarak

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta
Question

Ok, there are 197 pages on this thread, and frankly don't feel like reading them all to get my answer. :)

If I go to the dealership to get the 2 VISA cards "authorized" will they do anything to my car? I don't want them to touch my car, I just want my $1000.
(I'm in Canada if that makes a difference)

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Ok, there are 197 pages on this thread, and frankly don't feel like reading them all to get my answer. :)

If I go to the dealership to get the 2 VISA cards "authorized" will they do anything to my car? I don't want them to touch my car, I just want my $1000.

I live in Oklahoma.

As I got the cards, she DID take my keys -- looked at the mileage -- but the car stayed in the "front of the dealership."

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
The program ENDED....not sure they ever shipped them in Canada....
In the US, you just walked up to the dealers..verified the Vin#, and miles....they made a call...and it was done...but think it's a moot point...it's about 10 months late with these questions!
One card is ONLY for use at the dealership's service/parts counter....the other is a debit card, useful anywhere.

Vvarak

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta
The program ENDED....not sure they ever shipped them in Canada....
In the US, you just walked up to the dealers..verified the Vin#, and miles....they made a call...and it was done...but think it's a moot point...it's about 10 months late with these questions!
One card is ONLY for use at the dealership's service/parts counter....the other is a debit card, useful anywhere.
I already have the 2 cards, but I never did get them activated. I have a day off work and thought I'd go get them activated. I just don't feel like leaving my car there and risk having them re-program it. Don't want them messing with my car.
But sounds like they won't, so I will drop in there tomorrow and get me cash. :)

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I already have the 2 cards, but I never did get them activated. I have a day off work and thought I'd go get them activated. I just don't feel like leaving my car there and risk having them re-program it. Don't want them messing with my car.
But sounds like they won't, so I will drop in there tomorrow and get me cash. :)
All they need the car for is to "verify" the mileage. I don't think they even looked at the VIN. You should be fine. Let us know if they get them activated. Don't forget to spend them before they expire, lol.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Seriously? smh
Unfortunately VW has been treating you folks up north as second class citizens....good to hear they DID send out cards to you folks....I just hope they figure out a settlement too. It seems to be dragging on even worse for you guys. I have just seen many folks forget there is a border and VW USA and VW Canada are run separately.... location matters when it comes to these issues....fixes and mechanical issues, not so much, but legal and warrenty issues, yes.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Unfortunately VW has been treating you folks up north as second class citizens....good to hear they DID send out cards to you folks....I just hope they figure out a settlement too. It seems to be dragging on even worse for you guys. I have just seen many folks forget there is a border and VW USA and VW Canada are run separately.... location matters when it comes to these issues....fixes and mechanical issues, not so much, but legal and warrenty issues, yes.

You think we don't know that already? Yes, but are you just joining this conversation? Good Will cards have been covered ad nauseam and were the same value (dollar wise) on either side of the border. You textually present as one of those 'mericans who thinks we live in igloos and travel by snowshoe :D

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
You think we don't know that already? Yes, but are you just joining this conversation? Good Will cards have been covered ad nauseam and were the same value (dollar wise) on either side of the border. You textually present as one of those 'mericans who thinks we live in igloos and travel by snowshoe :D
Naw...got a wife with Mom from new Brunswick....know both sides well....
And I lived in Alaska for a bit....so I know all about the FAR north...

srs5694

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, MT
I need to figure our something to use it on before it expires
I went to DriverGear, found a bunch of miscellaneous overpriced things to buy, printed a copy of the online "shopping cart," and took it to my local VW dealer today. Apparently they do semi-regular orders of stuff from DriverGear, so they'll add mine to the order and I'll pick it up when it arrives. It'll be a few weeks, though. (I'm ordering stuff I don't need ASAP, so I don't mind the wait. I plan to give a couple of items away as Christmas gifts.)

I've seen contradictory claims of people buying stuff directly from DriverGear. I couldn't figure out how to enter the card number on the site's checkout, which is why I went to the dealership.

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
I went to DriverGear, found a bunch of miscellaneous overpriced things to buy, printed a copy of the online "shopping cart," and took it to my local VW dealer today. Apparently they do semi-regular orders of stuff from DriverGear, so they'll add mine to the order and I'll pick it up when it arrives. It'll be a few weeks, though. (I'm ordering stuff I don't need ASAP, so I don't mind the wait. I plan to give a couple of items away as Christmas gifts.)

I've seen contradictory claims of people buying stuff directly from DriverGear. I couldn't figure out how to enter the card number on the site's checkout, which is why I went to the dealership.
Thanks. Maybe I will dry that this week to see what is on there.

mrahul

TDI
If you dont find anything worthwhile, i can take it off your hands. Send me a PM. I have a few parts to buy and can make use of it.

Kiter

TDI
2015 Golf S TDI
I took my Dealer Goodwill Card to my local dealer and exchanged it for a gift card that does not expire. I had a discussion with both the sales and service managers, stating that my 2015 wasn't going to need serviced anytime soon, and we mutually agreed that it would be better for us to both get something (they get the business, I still get the money) than to let the card expire and we both get nothing.

Try asking a manager if they will exchange your Dealer Goodwill Card for a gift card.

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
I used my VW card in an Audi dealer for a set of floor mats, a watch, a cup, two keychains, a leather cleaning kit.

The only thing you should pay attention to is not to charge more the balance left in one swipe.

The best use of the card, IMHO, is to buy a set of new tires using their price matching program. Prices of almost all other things are inflated..........like hell.

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
The best use of the card, IMHO, is to buy a set of new tires using their price matching program. All other things are inflated......like hell
I generally prefer it when my tires are inflated also. :)
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Have Fun!

Don

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
I generally prefer it when my tires are inflated also. :)
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Have Fun!

Don
I remember, a few years ago, a local tire store had a Presidents Day "blow out tire sale".

I am not sure if it was meant to be a joke, or just an unfortunate choice of words.

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
I used my VW card in an Audi dealer for a set of floor mats, a watch, a cup, two keychains, a leather cleaning kit.

The only thing you should pay attention to is not to charge more the balance left in one swipe.

The best use of the card, IMHO, is to buy a set of new tires using their price matching program. Prices of almost all other things are inflated..........like hell.

I tried getting my dealer to price match tires today. They dismissively declined. I have $118 left on my card if anyone wants it. I'd rather someone use it than the $$ go back to VW. I'm done with this clown company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PDX_TDI

TDI
2013 JETTA w/ PREMIUM PKG
I tried getting my dealer to price match tires today. They dismissively declined. I have $118 left on my card if anyone wants it. I'd rather someone use it than the $$ go back to VW. I'm done with this clown company.

ill take it if your giving it away :D

ar2013tdi

TDI
2014 Sportwagen DSG
I asked my dealer if they would give me a credit on my $500 dealer card. Wouldn't do it. I will try pricing tires to see if they are competitive. I was going to purchase my replacement vehicle (2014 Sportwagon 17K miles), from them. Not now.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I was told Friday that they are offering buy 3 tires and get the fourth for a buck. Not sure about price matching because I'll buy mine through Costco anyway.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
If you can show them something in writing (even an emailed quote or kiosk printout), they should price match those CostCo tires (if they can order them; they can't order all tires/all sizes). You might have to talk to the right person, corporate reimburses them so it doesn't have anything to do with the dealership even if they argue against it. The details are on VW's official site.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
I asked my dealer if they would give me a credit on my $500 dealer card. Wouldn't do it. I will try pricing tires to see if they are competitive. I was going to purchase my replacement vehicle (2014 Sportwagon 17K miles), from them. Not now.
Couldn't you use the $500 card as partial payment toward the purchase price of the car you want?

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
If you can show them something in writing (even an emailed quote or kiosk printout), they should price match those CostCo tires (if they can order them; they can't order all tires/all sizes). You might have to talk to the right person, corporate reimburses them so it doesn't have anything to do with the dealership even if they argue against it. The details are on VW's official site.

They told me the buy 3 get 1 free is only for VW tires (I'm getting for a Honda), and I brought in copies of the price I found. The parts guy said "I'll talk to the manager." The manager happened to walk by a minute later, and just said, "No." Funny, I said Discount Tire will match this price. Crickets........