VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
There is a thread for settlement discussion (sticky thread in the emissions section). This thread is for the previous round of "goodwill" programs. Please keep settlement discussion in the appropriate place. :)

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
OK, I'm glad to hear that the card can be used at VW dealerships on other cars. Our kid's old Mazda needs new tires and DH's Toyota desperately needs new brakes. One of our nearby VW dealerships also sells Mazda and Toyota, so I would hope they'd be willing to let us use the card to pay for service on one of those vehicles. Odds are likely that we'd put buyback $ towards a vehicle purchased from them. We bought the Mazda there and another Mazda3 hatchback is at top of our list of replacements for the JSW (in large part because it's one of the few vehicles I can still get with a manual and loaded).

Did you try this.. I'm hoping to do something similar but wasn't sure it if would actually work because the VW\Mazda are physically sitting next to each other and not in the same building.

Scratcher

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 TDI BEW Wagon
Did you try this.. I'm hoping to do something similar but wasn't sure it if would actually work because the VW\Mazda are physically sitting next to each other and not in the same building.
As long as its used in a participating VW dealership it shouldn't be a problem. Unless they don't want $500 of business!!

zoomydu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
We have an appt. to bring our Toyota in next week. Both the VW service guy and the Toyota service woman said that our $500 VW service credit should be just fine to use. YMMV at your local dealership, perhaps. Our particular dealer has a good reputation. We're almost certain to buy our next car from them after the buyback, assuming we go with another VW or a Mazda.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Got my goodwill yesterday ( had to get another one shipped to me because I lost them) got everything activated today. Going to do the Walmart thing for the $500 gift... I worry about the $500 dealer one later. Probably use it for my upcoming oil change.

sierra3

TDI
'12 Passat TDI SE / '13 Passat TDI SE
Any chance that those of us who didn't take goodwill due to not knowing about how it would effect settlement can/could get it?

(I am not expecting much...)

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Any chance that those of us who didn't take goodwill due to not knowing about how it would effect settlement can/could get it?
No, that claim period has long since closed. And since it was clearly and repeatedly stated that taking the goodwill package would have no effect on any other remedies, there's really no reason for "not knowing" that.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta

(I am not expecting much...)

Check out their FaQs.. I thought I saw something that said they extended the registration until the end of july.

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
Battery just crapped out this morning in my 2009. Still have not used my $500 dealer card so off to get a new battery and an oil changed.

Had a discussion with the service advisor on the phone. Told her not to try and sell any unnecessary services (including necessary ones that might not be needed for 4-5 months such as brakes) because the car is headed to the crusher come September.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Battery just crapped out this morning in my 2009. Still have not used my $500 dealer card so off to get a new battery and an oil changed.

Had a discussion with the service advisor on the phone. Told her not to try and sell any unnecessary services (including necessary ones that might not be needed for 4-5 months such as brakes) because the car is headed to the crusher come September.
Mine actually died a couple weeks ago as well. I was not a happy camper. But the battery was only two years old so they replaced it for free. Skated on that one.

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
Mine actually died a couple weeks ago as well. I was not a happy camper. But the battery was only two years old so they replaced it for free. Skated on that one.

Mine was 2 years and 2 months so I got 50% credit.

heehaw

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I never received the Goodwill cards. I think I was omitted because I was one of the early sign ups for the Class A suit.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I never received the Goodwill cards. I think I was omitted because I was one of the early sign ups for the Class A suit.
Not sure how you can be "omitted" as you had to actively sign up for the cards/loyalty reward. Are you saying you did sign up and then they just pretended you never applied so you got nothing?

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan

The only eligibility requirement for the Goodwill package was to be a TDI owner with a qualifying VIN#. The only step you had to take was to sign up for it before the deadline on 4/30/16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
Audi card for VW parts

Bit of a pain in the arse to use my Audi dealer card. There's nothing I want from Audi since I will be participating in the buyback. I dropped in to my local VW/Audi dealer to buy a new bumper cover, lip, fender liners, etc because my wife decided to rip off the bumper from our gti. Come to find out that they just dropped VW and can't order parts, only Audi parts. Ain't easy around these parts to find VW and Audi at the some spot so I can order VW parts. Anyone know of VW/Audi dealers in Baltimore/Washington/Southern PA/Northern VA area?

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Bit of a pain in the arse to use my Audi dealer card. There's nothing I want from Audi since I will be participating in the buyback. I dropped in to my local VW/Audi dealer to buy a new bumper cover, lip, fender liners, etc because my wife decided to rip off the bumper from our gti. Come to find out that they just dropped VW and can't order parts, only Audi parts. Ain't easy around these parts to find VW and Audi at the some spot so I can order VW parts. Anyone know of VW/Audi dealers in Baltimore/Washington/Southern PA/Northern VA area?
There used to be an VW/Audi dealer together just north of Philadelphia, but the VW closed down just recently.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Try Autohaus in Lancaster, PA. VW, Porsche and Audi under one roof. Drive by the dealership yesterday. Alive and well.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Dumb question, can the dealer car be used for service on my son's 2007 Jetta?

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Dumb question, can the dealer car be used for service on my son's 2007 Jetta?
Would think so. Only real restriction is that it has to be at a participating VW dealership. The purpose of the dealership card was to pump dollars back to dealers.

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
VW dealers online accept dealer cards. I've personally used them at Keffer VW and Auburn VW and I'm out of state.

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
VW dealers online accept dealer cards. I've personally used them at Keffer VW and Auburn VW and I'm out of state.
I would order online in a heartbeat, but the parts are a bumper cover, lip, fender liners, etc. Huge items, so the shipping would be counter productive.

Thanks Airpizz for the suggestion of the Lancaster dealer above. I'll drop them a line on Monday. Probably a 60 minute drive up 83 from me.

Edit: Called the Lancaster dealer and I can use my Audi card there to order VW parts.
Double edit: Ended up using Ciocca in Allentown. Lower prices on parts. Great people to talk to on the phone, also.

Last edited:

Kiter

TDI
2015 Golf S TDI
I used $160 of the dealer card to purchase the 20k and 30k service package, since I assumed I would drive my TDI until then (might as well get the full 3 years worth of warranty before I turn it in). If I keep the car, I'll probably use the remaining $350 to pay for a portion the 40k/50k service package ($719).
If not, my 20 year old F-150 needs some work done (tune up, etc.). Would I be the laughingstock if I rolled in to the VW dealership and asked them to work on it? :D

Last edited:

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
I used $160 of the dealer card to purchase the 20k and 30k service package, since I assumed I would drive my TDI until then (might as well get the full 3 years worth of warranty before I turn it in). If I keep the car, I'll probably use the remaining $350 to pay for a portion the 40k/50k service package

The dealer card expires in 1 year from issue date. It might not be enough to time to get to 50k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiter

TDI
2015 Golf S TDI
The dealer card expires in 1 year from issue date. It might not be enough to time to get to 50k miles
You can purchase the VW Care and VW Care Plus plans for 2014 and 2015 models today, and then the maintenance is covered whenever you get to that point in time. That is exactly what I did to get my 20k (which I did that day) and 30k service covered. Again, a good option to look at if you're keeping the car.

http://www.vwserviceandparts.com/volkswagen-maintenance-plans/vw-maintenance-pricing/

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta