VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
Our Dealership Card expired with about $90 remaining and after deducting $5, the 1-800 person told us in 4 to 6 Weeks we'd have a new card. We've not seen it yet either. We'd like to use it on an oil change. We're now 1,000 Miles overdue waiting on the stupid card. I guess I shouldn't worry, as we'll be selling the car back in the spring.

kfosburg

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4 door, Graphite Blue, 6 speed, Sunroof/Nav
Shockingly, I actually received a call from a manager this afternoon. She informed me that my new card was being processed and will be 4 to 6 weeks. I asked twice and she confirmed that indeed it was going to happen and apologized for the unfortunate conversation I had yesterday. She noted that the call was being recorded so there is a record of it (at least on their end...).

Promising and we'll find out.

Karl
I received my new card yesterday! The expiration date is 4/17 which is good enough.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
^Encouraging, since I need to call them and have mine reissued. THANKS!

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
Card was expiring yesterday. I called yesterday and asked if they could extend it but was told they are no longer doing that. I hung up and called back and pressed a different number and reported the card as lost. New card coming in 4-6 weeks.

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
It would be nice if someone on their end could confirm if a replacement card is in the works. Like I said in my last post, in my last person-to-person call, at first they said they couldn't do the replacement card process for a lost card...that i had to call a different number to do that. she then listed the same number i just called. finally she said she was able to process the card "the old way."

On a whim, I called back and went in and used the key prompts for lost card. All i had to do there was give the id number on the email we got, and they said the card would be here in 4-6 weeks.

I'm going to give it a little time, then I'll call back to confirm a replacement is coming. If they have no record and give me a run around... I'm writing to both the card vendor and vw to complain since it would appear that they are being disingenuous to people who tried to get their cards replaced since about the end of November.

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
On Nov 11 I called and asked if they would issue me a new card because mine expired at end of month. They said no problem, would be about a 4 week wait. I got my new card on Dec 30, it expires Apr 2017. I couldn't be happier, there is nothing I want from the VW dealer except replacement parts, but I don't want to buy too far ahead on filters etc.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Thabks for posting this. I still have $100 something in the card. I will call them to get a new one.

TDI
2012 Golf and 2013 JSW
It would be nice if someone on their end could confirm if a replacement card is in the works. Like I said in my last post, in my last person-to-person call, at first they said they couldn't do the replacement card process for a lost card...that i had to call a different number to do that. she then listed the same number i just called. finally she said she was able to process the card "the old way."
On a whim, I called back and went in and used the key prompts for lost card. All i had to do there was give the id number on the email we got, and they said the card would be here in 4-6 weeks.
I'm going to give it a little time, then I'll call back to confirm a replacement is coming. If they have no record and give me a run around... I'm writing to both the card vendor and vw to complain since it would appear that they are being disingenuous to people who tried to get their cards replaced since about the end of November.

Just attempted to renew my two expired cards (visa and dealer) with a remaining balance. Was told could not be done because it's past the Nov 16 expiration.

I too called back and reported it lost.

I have no clue how to proceed. BUMMED OUT!!!

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
The Visa card should have been spent as soon as possible. Many utilities and wireless providers will allow you to credit your account with a gift card. I immediately used my gift gard to pay my phone/internet account in advance.

The VW card is a different story. Unless you need service, or parts, its kind of useless. I got down to my last $30 on that card and really had nothing to buy. I wound up buying VW/Audi Diesel Exhaust Fluid, which I can use in my diesel BMW.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Pro tip: Whenever you get one of those Visa cards, the simplest way to spend it is to buy yourself an Amazon gift card and then immediately load it into your account.

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
Pro tip: Whenever you get one of those Visa cards, the simplest way to spend it is to buy yourself an Amazon gift card and then immediately load it into your account.

I honestly don't get taking a Visa card that can be spent anywhere and exchanging it for an Amazon card that can only be spent at Amazon. I had my Visa card spent within a week. If you wanted to save the $500 for something special a few years later you could have spent it on groceries (or anything) right away and put the grocery money in the bank.

Anyways, not sure why we're still talking about this so I am going to shut up now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I honestly don't get taking a Visa card that can be spent anywhere and exchanging it for an Amazon card that can only be spent at Amazon. I had my Visa card spent within a week. If you wanted to save the $500 for something special a few years later you could have spent it on groceries (or anything) right away and put the grocery money in the bank.

Anyways, not sure why we're still talking about this so I am going to shut up now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When we got our "spend anywhere" card, we pretty much used it all up in two Costco trips that filled the back of my car!

CT_White_SRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL
I called the number to request a replacement card the day before it expired (11/29).

Received the new card in the mail today

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
They won't send me a replacement card. They can GO SCREW THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!

I will not buy another crapbox from them ever again!

peterwinkle

TDI
2012 Passat SE
I tried getting a replacement and they are no longer issuing replacement cards. I called back and tried reporting it lost like some others have done, and they told me it had been expired anyway so could not reissue me a new card. It seems those of us that didn't use them have lost the balance. It was my own fault... I really had nothing I could think of other than oil changes to use it on.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I tried getting a replacement and they are no longer issuing replacement cards. I called back and tried reporting it lost like some others have done, and they told me it had been expired anyway so could not reissue me a new card. It seems those of us that didn't use them have lost the balance. It was my own fault... I really had nothing I could think of other than oil changes to use it on.
I am sure you could have sold it pretty easily.

peterwinkle

TDI
2012 Passat SE
I am sure you could have sold it pretty easily.
Yeah you're right. I was kind of holding on to it thinking it would be a part of a down payment for a new VW. I ended up getting a different car recently and then forgot about the dealer gift card. Like I said, it was my own fault. I should have planned it out better and just bought some junk off DriverGear or sold it.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
If anyone still has unexpired cards I can take a handful....

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive

So, just to be clear... You refuse to do business with VW because they would not replace your expired card; with an expiration date you knew a year in advance, and you are mad at them for you forgetting? :D

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
So, just to be clear... You refuse to do business with VW because they would not replace your expired card; with an expiration date you knew a year in advance, and you are mad at them for you forgetting? :D
And he paid nothing for the card to begin with.

When I hit my expiration date, my card had 29 cents left on it.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd

hahahahah your tears, they are delicious!!

grow up and get over it, you saw the date when you activated it so oh well, your fault.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
And he paid nothing for the card to begin with.

When I hit my expiration date, my card had 29 cents left on it.
I gave one car to my daughter with about $125 on it so she could get a new battery for her Passat. I don't know if she used it and don't really care.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I made sure mine had $ and 0 cents. Bought some new winter steelies and OEM VW plastic wheel covers (ex-base Jetta), plus my 30k service. Cleaned out the card and put the rest on my regular CC. The "anywhere" card we blew at Costco.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Becasue someone got their panties in a bunch when the bank would not replace an expired card.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
One card I spent on a new deluxe Dyson vacuum cleaner since the old one was 11 years old. The second I invested in a new set of tires.