VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
Some dealers, who also sell VW, will allow the use of the $500 VW Goodwill dealer only towards the purchase of another brand. I did this yesterday with the purchase of a new Mazda. Of the 4 Mazda dealers that I was negotiating with, who also sold VWs, only one said no to the use of the Goodwill card.

If you're attempting to do the same thing that I did make sure that you speak with the sales manager about it.

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
Some dealers, who also sell VW, will allow the use of the $500 VW Goodwill dealer only towards the purchase of another brand. I did this yesterday with the purchase of a new Mazda. Of the 4 Mazda dealers that I was negotiating with, who also sold VWs, only one said no to the use of the Goodwill card.

If you're attempting to do the same thing that I did make sure that you speak with the sales manager about it.
Maz duh?:D

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Funny story, we are leaving tomorrow morning for Baja till 12/6. I called the dealer yesterday and asked how long parts is open, they said 5. I picked up the kid and got there at 4:10 and the showroom doors were locked, I was heading around to service as they saw me and I saw them, the door started going down and I ran and kicked in front of the safety sensor and the door started back up. I went in the door, one shop rat and the service writer guy were there and that looked like all there were. I told him it isn't 5 and I need to use the card today, he asked why today and I said we would be OOT till the 6th. He asked "you will really be gone till the 6th?" I told him yes, I'm not making $h!t up. He said the parts was closed.

I knew I had only about $25.80 on the card so I told him this is what is going to happen, I am going to take some stuff and leave you the card, he was a bit stunned but then stated he wasn't a manager and couldn't say yes. He reminded me of sales tax. Baseball caps were $15 and nothing else was unlocked for $5 or less. I picked a $20 stocking cap, gave him the tag and the card.

Only $25 but I'm glad I got to use it. Don't use the dealer for service much except scheduled. Next visit will be to the ambassador. Anyway I was entertained by the experience.

edofloat

TDI
Sportwagen
Mailed mine to a Benz?VW dealer and got MB branded Weathertech floor mats, cargo tray, fillable flacon, and the headrest coat hanger kit. They shipped the accessories and the card back and I still have a little over $50.

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
I just called the Goodwill Package support folks and the rep told me in no uncertain terms that they were NOT extending the expiration dates on these. I guess at that point I should of tried the "What if I lost mine?" approach, but didn't. :(

1sTDI

TDI
I called to get a replacement card as I "lost" mine. They said they would reissue, with a $10 deduction. Not sure on the expiry date, but they said I should receive it in 7-10 business days...

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Just spent the last $130 :) on my goodwill card for shock/strut hardware at http://www.vwpartscenter.net.

They accept the card on-line and their shipping charge is reasonable. Much better pricing than my local dealer who charges full MSRP.

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
I just called the Goodwill Package support folks and the rep told me in no uncertain terms that they were NOT extending the expiration dates on these. I guess at that point I should of tried the "What if I lost mine?" approach, but didn't. :(
That's hard to believe. I called the 800 number accompanying the cards, and explained the buyback was really slow and was planning on using the 500 towards a new VW vehicle. No quarrels, he re-issued the card with a 5 dollar deduction and said it should arrive inside of 4 weeks. :confused:

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
That's hard to believe. I called the 800 number accompanying the cards, and explained the buyback was really slow and was planning on using the 500 towards a new VW vehicle. No quarrels, he re-issued the card with a 5 dollar deduction and said it should arrive inside of 4 weeks. :confused:
I told the guy some forum members reported success with getting the expiration date extended and he said "I don't want to insult you, but that's absolutely incorrect."

Perhaps I'll give it another shot and hope for another customer service rep. I really can't use this credit intelligently until VW tells us what their proposed fix is.

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
Got a little worried reading the last few posts, called to confirm they really were reissuing my card. The nice lady said yup, it is on its way, with a $5 deduction and one year extension. Weird how some here are getting told no...

A.Bursell

TDI
2012 Golf
As I mentioned earlier, my assumption after speaking with several Reps is that they have been given limited information and are doing the best they can. It is likely they work on gift cards for many companies and each one is a little different. They do not make decisions or have any control over things like this. They take information, fill out forms or entries on the computer, and send it on.

So, NO, they do not "extend" the expiration dates. But if you lost your card, they will reissue it. It just so happens that the reissued cards seem to have an expiration date one year after the original.

There have been several confirmations in this thread alone. I didn't know about this when I called because I legitimately lost mine in a move, and it was a nice surprise. I feel confident your reissued card will have a new date.

Adam

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I can't believe this thread is still alive. Talk about "the cards that wouldn't die....."

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
I've got a couple days to figure out how to spend my last $35. Thread can't die yet. ;)
Plus, as kapps pointed out, there are some folks who have extended expiration dates.
But hey, gives us something to do while we wait for our documents to be looked at / approved. :)

-T.

StayPuff

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
I had $270 left on mine...i used it to order a new VW mountain bike. http://www.drivergear.vw.com/Product/Mountain-Bike---Silver-DRG007195-80144.htm?cartprodid=1229487

Been needing a new bicycle for a while, and that one looks pretty nice. Takes about 3 weeks to get it. The parts guy said they are custom made for VW on a per-order basis. I feel like a kid again, getting a new bike for Christmas. I'll have to put it under the tree :)
Isn't IL a little flat for a mountain bike? ;):eek:

Hoffdad

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof
Since I'm not entirely sure what vehicle I'm getting next I used the $500 VW gift card for a new set of tires for my wife's Odyssey. Only cost me $35 of my own money for four brand new brand name tires... :D

StayPuff

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Isn't IL a little flat for a mountain bike? ;):eek:
True, although we do have a couple of areas in the state that is very hilly, but beautiful....like the Shawnee and Galena areas. But to be honest, this bike isn't built well enough to take on any serious terrains anyway...and I would be VERY scared to do so. :D I just need something to putz around on with my three little girls.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
I told the guy some someone on the intrawebz reported success with getting the expiration date extended and he said "I don't want to insult you, but that's absolutely incorrect."
Fixed it for you...

earlyd

TDI
2009 JSW TDI
I called the number on my card to ask about extending the date on the card. Cost me $5 but they will send a new card with another year on it.

toasters

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I just used up my $500 at the dealership on a VW e-Golf lease. I'm excited!

$1499 down, $59/month for 30 months for the SE Fast Charge package! Plus I still get the $2500 CA rebate on top of that!

Jetta Knight

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Auto - Sold, 2006 Jetta DSG - Sold, 2009 JSW DSG SOLD, 2013 Passat SE DSG
I called my local dealer today to ask if I could put the remaining balance ($343.00) "on account" with them for the future. They would accomplish it via a gift card purchase. This dealership has 17 vehicle brands which covers, virtually, any new car I may purchase going forward. And, I could use it incrementally for any of the other brands that they sell. That works!

Last edited:

funstuie

TDI
2014 Jetta SW
I had $270 left on mine...i used it to order a new VW mountain bike. http://www.drivergear.vw.com/Product/Mountain-Bike---Silver-DRG007195-80144.htm?cartprodid=1229487

Been needing a new bicycle for a while, and that one looks pretty nice. Takes about 3 weeks to get it. The parts guy said they are custom made for VW on a per-order basis. I feel like a kid again, getting a new bike for Christmas. I'll have to put it under the tree :)
How did you order online with the card? Mine doesn't seem to let me.

I am trying to order a roof cargo box.

Ridered67

TDI
2013 JSW
I just used up my $500 at the dealership on a VW e-Golf lease. I'm excited!
$1499 down, $59/month for 30 months for the SE Fast Charge package! Plus I still get the $2500 CA rebate on top of that!
$59 a month on the car lease?

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
$59 a month on the car lease?
Hah, I was waiting for somebody to comment on that. I noticed that too and am just assuming it's a typo...
Otherwise...
How can I get a deal like that??

-T.

toasters

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Hah, I was waiting for somebody to comment on that. I noticed that too and am just assuming it's a typo...
Otherwise...
How can I get a deal like that??
-T.
Definitely not a typo.

They are basically giving away e-Golf's here in the bay area. Got it from Hayward VW. I went in and they gave me their advertised price with zero upsell. Walked out of there for exactly what I expected to pay.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Definitely not a typo.

They are basically giving away e-Golf's here in the bay area. Got it from Hayward VW. I went in and they gave me their advertised price with zero upsell. Walked out of there for exactly what I expected to pay.
7500 yearly mileage allowance :confused::confused:. No wonder they are practically giving them away..

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
It was only about a $10/month difference for 10K and another $10/month for 15K when my wife and I leased our eGolf last year. Those deals are pretty freaking nice, though. We pay $199 per month for our SE.

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
I just called card services to extend my card. they told me that letters are on their way from to tell anyone with unused/or balance on card cards how to extend by paying 5 bucks. they are surprised we don't have the letters yet.
it will be faster than if you do the extension right now ... like 16 days for replacement instead of weeks for a bulk run of the cards.