VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Trade Wind

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 2012 Passat SE 6 spd MT
For those with a card expiring soon, there has been talk on this forum of calling and telling them your card is lost, and they will issue a new card and extend the date.

I told them straight up I had not lost my card, but I just wanted to extend the date. She said no problem, for a $5 fee, they will reissue the card, and it will have an extended expiration date. She could not verify what the new expiration date would be, but based on other posts on this forum, pretty sure it will be Nov 2017 (mine expires at the end of Nov 2016).

She said as soon as I hung up, she would disable the old card, and it would take about 4 weeks for the new one to come.

Cheap, easy way to save your dealer card for a future service repair, rather than buying stuff you don't really want.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
thanks - i can't tell if those will fit the A3, though. it'd be nice if they posted dimensions.
Try Keffer VW in Charlotte (Actually Huntersville, NC). They seem to always have fairly good deals on accessories. You could call and ask them about fit for your A3.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
VW - will spend the rest on oil, battery and brake pads if necessary, but would be nice to blow it on roof/bike racks

I bought an A3 e-tron, but had 2x VW dealer cards. All three of the area VW dealers also have Audi dealerships (though only one has it in the same complex). I called one up (VW) and asked if they could get me Audi parts and explained what I wanted.

He said he could order them from the Audi dealer, do an internal purchase, mark them up, and sell them to me. The final price on all the parts was less than the Audi MSRP so I was happy. A couple parts he substituted with VW equivalent.

I ended up with the

Audi A3 roof rack bars
VW bike carrier (not marked VW and will fit on most any cross bars from anyone)
VW cargo net
Audi A3 floor mats
Audi roof rack bars nylon bag for storage

So you can always see if any of the VW dealerships have Audi sister dealerships in the same company and if they are willing to get Audi parts for you.

JoshMcMadMac

TDI
NMS Passat SE
I have $125 left on mine, if anyone wants to buy it from me shoot a PM.

I can also confirm that they do NOT have to swipe the card. The first time I used it the dealer ran the order over the phone.

JoshMcMadMac

TDI
NMS Passat SE
Is there any dealer out there that sells the navigation map update? My local dealer said it can only be had through the online website, but I would love to be able to spend the last of the loyalty card on that.

vincentld

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
I need to buy some things from VW, I can pay half value for any left over credit on a VW card. PM me with what you have.

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
my dealership converted the balance to a gift card with no expiration date. took 5 mins.
I tried that route today with the 2 closest VW dealers to me, Hannah and Armstrong. Unfortunately, both declined. So I'll call the 800 number and get the card extended and take the $5 hit.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I've been paying $350 for a handful of $500 cards. For club members I'll pay $375. Smaller balances I can do something that's fair. Email/PM me if interested.
Cheers,
-BB

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I need to verify it's still current, but we were giving *full value* of the cards at kermatdi.com if you call and ask

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
i called today and they will be sending my new card in the mail in the next 3-6 weeks, won't know the new date until then

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Bought 2 1/2 gallons of VW branded diesel exhaust fluid today. Only $11 and change. I still have $19.23 on my dealer card, and intend to use every last penny.

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
Bought 2 1/2 gallons of VW branded diesel exhaust fluid today. Only $11 and change. I still have $19.23 on my dealer card, and intend to use every last penny.
VW coasters are good. :)

tejastommy

TDI
2013 Jetta DSG
For those with a card expiring soon, there has been talk on this forum of calling and telling them your card is lost, and they will issue a new card and extend the date.

I told them straight up I had not lost my card, but I just wanted to extend the date. She said no problem, for a $5 fee, they will reissue the card, and it will have an extended expiration date. She could not verify what the new expiration date would be, but based on other posts on this forum, pretty sure it will be Nov 2017 (mine expires at the end of Nov 2016).

She said as soon as I hung up, she would disable the old card, and it would take about 4 weeks for the new one to come.

Cheap, easy way to save your dealer card for a future service repair, rather than buying stuff you don't really want.
I Just called the 800 to request an extension on the exp. Date. I was told they can reissue a card. But the expiration date will remain the same. I explained that others have been given a 1 year extension in exchange for a $5 fee. He said, no sir. He did say that some dealers are working with card holders to prepay for future maintenance.
So, should I call back and hope for a different operator? Maybe they are no longer giving the extension......

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
My worry would be the new card never shows up, the old card has expired, and a callback to VW would result in a "We have no idea what you're talking about" response. :(

(At least that's what likely would happen to me.)

A.Bursell

TDI
2012 Golf
I Just called the 800 to request an extension on the exp. Date. I was told they can reissue a card. But the expiration date will remain the same. I explained that others have been given a 1 year extension in exchange for a $5 fee. He said, no sir. He did say that some dealers are working with card holders to prepay for future maintenance.
So, should I call back and hope for a different operator? Maybe they are no longer giving the extension......
When I called the first time they told me the date wouldn't change, but conveniently forgot to reissue the card. When I called the second time several weeks later they told me they would change the date by a month since it took longer than expected.

What I got was a card with a year longer expiration date.

My thought is that the reps on the phones do not control or have input into the dates and are only telling you what they think is correct. I would just tell them you lost your card, ask for a reissue, and based on others and my own experience expect to get it with a year extension.

I would also call back in a week or two to verify it is in process. The first time I waited a month and found out it wasn't processed. The second time I waited a week, was told it was in work, and it showed up a few days later.

Adam

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
Since VW hasn't yet announced a friggen' fix for TDI emissions compliance, they should just extend the expiration date on all these cards automatically. I love my car and prefer to keep it, but can't decide until a fix is announced and we can assess the impact of that fix on the car's performance and efficiency. Meanwhile, I don't want to drop my $500 on items for a car I may not end up owning and I certainly don't want to spend it on a bunch of overpriced branded merchandise.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Tell them you lost it and they will reissue you a new card. That one will come with another year of use before expiration.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Looks like I've only got about $35 left on my goodwill card.
Wonder what I can get for that?
Ohhh I know. Down payment on a Golf R. :p
Kidding. Maybe a hat for the homeless like some folks mentioned. It gets mighty cold here in MO.

-T.