Transmission not shifting properly in D Mode - reset question

jimmyto

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 1.9 Diesel
Hi,

I have a 2013 TDI 2.0 Passat with 350k kms. A few months ago the transmission started acting strangely in D auto mode. Sometimes it's stuck in 1-2-3 gear ( RPM goes up to 4000 ) and it would not shift to 4-5-6 gears. Sometimes it's just stuck in 1st gear not willing to upshift at all. In all cases RPM is 4000+ and gear would not change or it finally decides to change upwards. My solution has been to switch it to Tiptronic (manual mode) back and forth as I am driving. Sometimes I just drive in manual mode to avoid all these hassles but my wife has stopped driving the car altogether for safety reasons.

I tried to do a transmission reset with VagCom Ross 3 times with no success. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Your car has a DSG. It will likely need to be replaced. Possible that it is just the mechatronics unit, but that costs as much as a complete used box. The computer is part of the mechatronics.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The DTC(s) would be helpful, but chances are whatever they are, it will be part of the M-unit. Some of these are NLA already, but sometimes you can fix them although it does take some effort.