pd100 injector life?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Why does every discussion on these forums nowadays always devolve into a straw man argument where everything is exaggerated to a ridiculous extreme in order to "win" the argument? Then the back and forth gets increasingly polarized and stupid and it stops making sense.

New <= DBW > used.

Get it?

There is no absolute world coming to an end polarized black and white argument happening here. But someone always TRIES to make it into one. Why can't people just realize there's shades of grey and good better best, not good and evil.

All DBW and myself are saying is: Buyer beware when you find cheap used parts that seem too good to be true. It's better to bet known good parts with a guarantee. Otherwise it's like a lottery. I guess some folks find that sort of statement highly offensive or something, so they have to engage in personal attacks in order to win the internet argument. But the "argument" gets farther and farther from the point being made.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
To the op, the life of your PD injectors depends on the quality of fuel used and should easily meet or exceed 300k miles. You can monitor the injector quality in field 013, as well as keep an eye on the soot levels of your oil samples, and exhaust.

I have installed many pd150 injectors with bigger tips and they flow great, actually excessive. I always recommend the pd150's over pd100/115, or 130 units. However, the pd130 units seem more plentiful and less expensive.

I run these in my own ARL pd150 with R783 tips and they flow way more fuel than my turbo can handle at 250hp. I run them in my 06 pd100 with 1043 tips, in favor of the oem pd100 bodies, never an issue. They PD injector sw calibrations must match the hardware or the engines will smoke white, and run rough at idle, cloud out the sun, etc.

I have taken apart so many trashed pd injectors and they get thrown away. ie. rusted/broken springs, bioD residual sandy crap, etc.

Buying used is always crap shoot, but I can usually tell, just by looking at the dissassembled unit on the bench, if it is good or not. However, if they have been sitting idle on the shelf for more than 2 years, they may have frozen/immovable parts inside (but this can be repaired as well).

The tuning is most important on big injector PDs, since the sw calibrations must exactly match the new units installed. You can't simply install pd150 injectors in a pd100 and expect it to run properly. I have tuned just about every combo of injector body/ tip and PD motor there is, and from personal experience they all run good when I am done with the sw! I also modify the injection pressures (with shims), and accommodate the necessary changes in the timing tables and startup maps to suit. A good running PD150 with race783 tips and 6 spd trans will offer great power and 60mpgs all day long!

Jeff

Last edited:

mountain lion

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Jeff, we spoke last week and set up an appointment. The 1043's arrived, so I will see you in a week and a half. :cool:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I have installed many pd150 injectors with bigger tips and they flow great, actually excessive. I always recommend the pd150's over pd100/115, or 130 units. However, the pd130 units seem more plentiful and less expensive.

Ironically the 130 and 150 units are the same apart from the 130 ones out of some passats and maybe audis. Some had smaller nozzles but people don't realise this so try and buy the 150 ones.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Not correct, the PD130 does not have the flow restriction channel, only the PD 150 does.

Also the PD 130 has a different Solenoid design than the PD150.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ach well, one of these days I'll type something accurate hahaha

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Not correct, the PD130 does not have the flow restriction channel, only the PD 150 does.

Also the PD 130 has a different Solenoid design than the PD150.

ASZ/ARL injector part numbers 038130079BX or 038130073AL Both use either injector

PD130 passat, (not the ASZ) used a different injector of lesser capability.