oops! I did it again - back in the TDI game

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I will put them on the scale once the tires are dismounted. It may not be a HUGE difference (there's conflicting information out there) but still, a lot cooler than Avus so even if they weigh the same, I'll be happy. I'll need to hang on to my Avus in case we decide to mount these up on the 'rado for originality (not like we don't have enough wheels in the shed as it is!)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
maybe you need 2 sheds? not sure how it is elsewhere, but here in MA, our area at least, there a some silly laws regarding sheds/etc and placement on property. you can have a shed up to a certain size (square footage), like maybe 8x10, up to within just a couple ft. of the property line. but if you wanted a 8x12 shed, that's against the rules. however, you can have as many sheds as you want. so lots of people of 2 or 3 8x10 sheds clustered together all up to the property line.... a 8x12 shed would require building planes, inspectors and something like 10' clearance to the property line. or something like that. nonsense...

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Yeah….I think jersey took after Massachusetts….😕 on that.

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
in our area, 10x10 is the limit you can build without a permit. I don't know if you can have more than one 10x10. the shed we have we stick built from a kit. we put a lot of effort into build quality and finish. :cool:

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Sheesh--in New York you need a building permit for ANY new work (well, at least outside that people can see ;)). My 8x8 shed needed plans approval, inspections at various states of construction (after footers, after joists, &c.), and approval when it was complete.

City just wants its $$.

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Sheesh--in New York you need a building permit for ANY new work (well, at least outside that people can see ;)). My 8x8 shed needed plans approval, inspections at various states of construction (after footers, after joists, &c.), and approval when it was complete.

City just wants its $$.
that's brutal!

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Here in Nevada there is a loophole in the regs; I believe the maximum permanent shed size is 10x10.
If the shed is put together with screws only, there really isn't a size limit.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Here in Nevada there is a loophole in the regs; I believe the maximum permanent shed size is 10x10.
If the shed is put together with screws only, there really isn't a size limit.
What does “with screws only” mean?

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
appointment set for the clutch job next tues/wed - I'm having Tomas Sport Tuning do the work. takes 2 days as apparently the car needs an alignment after the job is done.

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
was able to successfully limp the car from sac to the bay area yesterday - the clutch is slipping so bad that 2 clicks on the 'accelerate' button on the cruise control caused slippage! ouch.

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
ordered a chinesium shift knob and boot - it's pretty nice actually that these cars were made in china for that market - makes some parts easily available!

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
already got the call - the clutch is done. the alignment is tomorrow morning. reports back say the pedal feels just like stock even with the SBC setup. they also found a broken wire on my reverse light switch harness so now I have backup lights! I pick the car up tomorrow at lunch!

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
good thing there is more joy left here... lol. would kinda be a whomp whomp if the clutch was the last thing on the list 😩

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
The G60/VR6 is even lighter than the stage II daily. I’ve had both.

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
e-code lights with glass lenses installed - WAY better lighting than original!
Found an unbroken ashtray at the yard, and the trunk now works with the fob again.
The punchlist gets shorter!