Northern Baltimore county MD

alhlady

TDI
02 jetta
Hi guys. I’m looking for a trusted Machanic in the Baltimore county area of Maryland. Im new to the area and really need to replace my beloved Machanic from golden Colorado. Appreciate any and all your help thanks!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
There is one in your area. It's a performance shop too. I'm on my phone right now so check the 101 page up at the top for the trusted mechanics paged by state list.

ThomasCo

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI
Hi guys. I’m looking for a trusted Machanic in the Baltimore county area of Maryland. Im new to the area and really need to replace my beloved Machanic from golden Colorado. Appreciate any and all your help thanks!
Which one did you use in Golden? That info might help me out...

alhlady

TDI
02 jetta
Which one did you use in Golden? That info might help me out...
Diesel Land ! Owner is Anuthee Korder absolutely adore him and his shop they only work on TDI and Audi.

alhlady

TDI
02 jetta
There is one in your area. It's a performance shop too. I'm on my phone right now so check the 101 page up at the top for the trusted mechanics paged by state list.
I checked the 101 page, only one listed for Maryland unfortunately. I’m not sure that guy is still in the area. His page looks inactive. Appreciate any help.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I've been told Oliver (from State list) is gone. Try the other place. Keep in mind many car people are not computer people, call or drop by.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
I stopped in Golden to have Anuthee work on my car last time I went cross-country. Right now Maryland is lacking in TDI Gurus. Many people go to Dennis Marquette in PA, Roman in Philly, or even up to Mike Hevster in NJ. There are some other specialty shops (Diesel Dubs in PA, and some in VA), but I can't speak to those. Tom was in Stafford, but I think he's mostly done with car work. Maryland has a pretty strong presence here, so if you need minor help, let us know.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
what ever happened to mark1 up here in frederick?

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mark1 VW in Walkersville was still open last time I checked. They really seem most interested in pre-2005 cars (name not withstanding), so the OP's car might be fine. Last time I visited (many years ago) they were all very grumpy that day, and not so interested in customer service. I'm sure I just caught them on a bad day...

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mark1 VW in Walkersville was still open last time I checked. They really seem most interested in pre-2005 cars (name not withstanding), so the OP's car might be fine. Last time I visited (many years ago) they were all very grumpy that day, and not so interested in customer service. I'm sure I just caught them on a bad day...
No, that's the attitude you will get from him and his guys. He is pissed I haggled him down on this vintage mudflats and window visors.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, at least you had a little forewarning about Mark1. I'm guessing you just caught them on a bad day, like everyone else.

I didn't correct it above, but Les at German Diesel Motorwerks is the updated Diesel Dubs, and is about 2hr from Sparks in Pleasant Mills, PA. Dennis from Marquette Automotive is not far from there, and is active on the forums as "Metal Man." New German Performance (NGP) is in Aberdeen, but are a bit pricey and focus mostly on selling go-fast parts for gassers. Pete at Ankers Automotive in Catonsville works mostly on VWs and Audis and is good with most basic TDI stuff. His prices are good and he is honest, plus he drives a VW, which is always a good sign. He knows gas engines better that diesel, but you don't seem interested in traveling, so he's close by. Otherwise you are back to driving for other mechs that are here on Fred's: 4 hours to Mike Hevner, 2 hours to Roman, etc.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just trying to find anyone reputable that’s closer before I have to go a few hours away! Appreciate it as always!
Sure thing. ninedee_golf_tdi is Tom in Stafford, VA. Not a bad trip from Sparks if you avoid rush hour. Tom has worked on two our TDIs, along with some emergency help with a MkIII gasser.

Glad to see you are still available for a bit, Tom!