Midlands BIOFUELS GTG in central SC, Saturday June 8 2013

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Worst comes to worst I have the $5 hoppy funnel. I filled mine from top and it worked great.

On a side note, anybody going to be there with any body experience? Some jackwad backed into the Passat last week and creased the edge of the hood and busted the headlight. I replaced the headlight assembly but the crease in the hood I am not sure how to get it out and don't want to take to a body shop if I can help it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

DidJettarun

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 2005.5 Jetta A4 2003 Jetta
Emdog...remember that tranny must be cooled to room temp before DSG service can be gone. I am happy to help you do it

DidJettarun

Veteran Member
TDI
After my long absence from GTGs I finally can make one!!! I look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Bruce, it will be good to see you. You can bring your own VAS tool to the GTG, then. It is right where you left it, still in the box.

I know that we will be working on several AC systems, doing troubleshooting and potentially repairs.
Can someone remind me of any other firm commitments I have made?
If another power motive is needed, I can bring Paul's.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
BBQ Chicken!!! From Nathan

Food Menu: Sponsored by Fili West Farms.com Locally owned Organic farm in Vance, SC by TDI club member Nathan Boggs / rawmnivore
www.filiwestfarms.com

Breakfast : Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Biscuits (Eggs and Sausage provided by Fili-West Farms)

Lunch : BBQ Chicken!! (again from Fili-West Farms) My Brother Matt former SC BBQ Association Competitor will be firing up the grill using our BioJoe's "Renwick Family Recipie" BBQ sauce and home made grill.

What you can do to help: Any Sides you think of that go with BBQ Chicken would be GREAT!! We already have a Big can of baked beans but that is it. Potato Salad, Cold Slaw, French Fries ( I will provide oil and fryer) chips, drinks, etc.

This year's food is gonna cost a little more than in the past so donations will be welcome!

Email biojoe@midlandsBiofuels.com or call 803-718-4727 if u need anything.

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Ok guys I have been cleared for this event by the boss :) and I am excited to come and meet everybody. I am bringing a cooler with drinks and some chips. Since my wife is a baker by trade she is going to make chocolate chip cookies as well.

I will bring my VCDS and laptop as well as a motive bleeder that I haven't used yet but would love to learn how. Have plenty of VW Dot 4 brake fluid and would donate a bottle for the instruction on a flush as I have to do mine this fall. Also have basic hand tools as well as triple square bits and large hex bits, etc for doing DSG service.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ike T

TDI
2003 Jetta
I may be able to show for awhile. Hopefully this weather will be gone in 24 hours.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Bruce, it will be good to see you. You can bring your own VAS tool to the GTG, then. It is right where you left it, still in the box.

I know that we will be working on several AC systems, doing troubleshooting and potentially repairs.
Can someone remind me of any other firm commitments I have made?
If another power motive is needed, I can bring Paul's.
Dan, I will bring my power motive. Anything else you can think of I might need to bring?

Joe, sounds like some really tasty vittles you're going to have, really looking forward to it!

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Woohoo!

CR tuning is back! Anyone who needs a tune I can service your car from 1996 - 2013

Oh crap. I will have to leave my credit card at home. I so want to get my JSW tuned.... Tempted but will have to resist for now. Right at 9k on her so far. Now the Passat on the other hand has 40K so warranty issue is moot.... Momma has things to do Saturday and won't give up her car so I guess that it is for the best.... Would love to experience a CR that has been tuned so I can see what I am missing and get me motivated to get the funds together...

50R BTR

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Oh crap. I will have to leave my credit card at home. I so want to get my JSW tuned.... Tempted but will have to resist for now. Right at 9k on her so far. Now the Passat on the other hand has 40K so warranty issue is moot.... Momma has things to do Saturday and won't give up her car so I guess that it is for the best.... Would love to experience a CR that has been tuned so I can see what I am missing and get me motivated to get the funds together...
+1 on the "oh crap"!! Did not think they were available so funds went elsewhere...but, we are interested and would like to see the difference as well with a tuned CR. I guess we will be looking for some "overtime" when back to work....:rolleyes:

CinRG

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
man o man, I just pulled my back. Will take it easy the rest of the day. Hopefully, I'll be able to move tomorrow...

will anyone have a vacuum pump?

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
^ I'll be bringing a manually operated vacuum pump for changing oil. You may use it if you like.

DidJettarun

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey everybody dont forget to wash your engine compartment before you come...esp those planning to look at their cams or do tranny service.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, I'm sorry to report that I will not be attending. I really wanted to head down to SC for this GTG.

Although, I'll also be missing a baby shower tomorrow (my grandson, be here 8/2 and a wedding shower), I have to keep pressing on with the house rehab project (recent purchase). I have three workers scheduled to be at the project all day tomorrow ............ they need supervision!:D

And, if I did show-up, I'd be driving my '95 Blazer ...not exactly TDI!

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
Amazing weather and great turn out!

We are about to pull the BBQ chicken so there is still time to make it.

We will be here till 6 pm so come on out.

Almost 30 cars here so far!

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
Here are a dozen shots from today's meet at Midlands Biofuels in Winnsboro, SC. Thank you Joe for hosting us and to everyone for your friendship. My wife and I enjoyed every minute on an absolutely beautiful day.