Midlands BIOFUELS GTG in central SC, Saturday June 8 2013

CinRG

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Joe & family - THANK YOU for hosting a great get together & tour of the plant. The food was delicious. Dan - as always, thanks for your time & expertise. I was bummed it looks like I need a new compressor. Everyone - enjoyed meeting some new folks & seeing old faces. Can't wait for the next one... :)

Shalom

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Guys (and gals) I had a great time at my first gtg. For those I formally met and those I may not have it was nice to meet you all. Glad the weather held out (the clouds early were nice). The food was awesome and I enjoyed looking around the facility. Joe, I really appreciate all you do (not only today but every day, your trade is much needed), Dan it was nice to meet you and thanks for all you do. Daniel, thanks for your help in getting us lined up a couple of times today. Looking forward to the October gtg. Local for me so I am stoked.

50R BTR

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Bio Joe & Family...once again a great GTG. Leslie and I had a good time checking out the mods, and the newer cars (2013 Grey Passat TDI!!!)...picked up quite a few tips, and met quite a few new friends. Thanks for the tour and the hospitality...and for some great BBQ chicken! (Family secret...mmmmm!!!)
Thanks to Dan for answering a few tech questions and to Andrew, for the Malone 1.5 and DSG Tune! (Better performance than expected and really smooth shifts! :D Only downside, we did bust the budget! :rolleyes:)
It was great seeing the new guys and the veterans having a great time and really looking forward to the next GTG!!

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
New Guy

Guys,

I'm very glad I decided to come out at the last minute, It was worth it. I just bought a 2000 Beetle TDI (Yellow) and had a few questions and a lot to learn about the car. While I'm not new to wrenching, this critter is a deaprture from my '05 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins 6 speed manual.

I don't have a lot of history on the mileage, but the first week I'm going with 43 MPG and that was after a VW dealer installed a new TB kit and prounounced all's well. Enter the SC GTG. Somehow I'm introduced to Dan and out comes the VAG COM and after a brief underhood tour he finds:

Belt tensioner, not correctly tensioning the belt.
Pump timing off.
Vacuum leak.

Dan, Daniel and Bruce all pitched in and soon the timing was reset, belt tensioned, vacuum leak taped up, ventectomy, truck door switch analized and a serious discussion about the intake system, EGR, and a lot of VNT info.

First tanks were 43 and the first tank after the GTG (one reading only) was a solid 45, wow.

I think the next big adventure will be on the back side of the engine.

Thanks for helping out a newbie, looking forward to trying to return the help someday.

Looks like I can't post attachment yet.

Gary

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
This year may have been a little smaller than the last but it was the BEST YEAR YET for us. Changing the date was a true game changer! It was sunny with nice cool temp. not a sweat-A-thon like the last two years.

Thanks to everyone that helped set up and clean up. Nathan's Chicken was great and Secret Family BBQ sauce seemed to please everyone. No Ice cream this year but plenty of Watermelon that kept people coming back for more.

My wife Beth's Touarg was tuned this year and MAN!!!! It is awesome to drive a lot more power and performance. She is getting 1.5 mpg increase "but it would be higher if it weren't so much fun to Punch IT!!" she says.

Thank you all for the kind comments and help with the event. We look forward to next year!

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Little bit of a slow response here.

This was a great GTG, I don't think we could have asked for better weather, great idea on moving the date up. Thank you Joe, wife, your dad, brother, and mom. Joe you are definitely ahead of the field in the Bio industry, keep up the innovation. Nathan, thank you for bringing the chicken good vittles.
It was great seeing everybody again, and meeting new TDIers.

I am looking forward to the next one!

rawmnivore

TDI
2000 Golf TDI 4DR
Thanks to everyone who liked the chicken. My wife and I were happy to contribute a bit to the success of the GTG. We hope to bring more tasty vittles next year. See you there!:D