Just me...or is there an unusually large number of "new members" in the past few weeks?

The Cream Dolphin

Veteran Member
TDI
02 VW Golf TDI ALH 245k
Yeah I realized later that its just typical forum bot spamming like it always has been. I feel like its so random when it happens and usually comes with accounts that have weak passwords.
I will say here and now... if I ever post a dating site link, no matter how unsurpassed it may be, it is not me...

Interesting note though, I was listening to a podcast last night about the "dead internet theory" and I found it quite interesting, it kept making me think of this thread. Here is an article briefly describing it.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Same here, lol.

Podcasts and articles that dig deep into that stuff is always interesting to me. Cause the rabbit hole of the internet and from when it started to now, I cant even explain how deep it goes.

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
I will say here and now... if I ever post a dating site link, no matter how unsurpassed it may be, it is not me...

Interesting note though, I was listening to a podcast last night about the "dead internet theory" and I found it quite interesting, it kept making me think of this thread. Here is an article briefly describing it.
I'd buy this they say most of the stuff comes from russian troll farms. Way easier to get AI to troll cheaper too. Just need to be able to make people mad and split the country apart. I feel most people here are real lol but there does seem to be a lot of none sensical stuff going on. I also echo if I start posting weird stuff please remove me and my useless blabbering

The Cream Dolphin

Veteran Member
TDI
02 VW Golf TDI ALH 245k
I'd buy this they say most of the stuff comes from russian troll farms. Way easier to get AI to troll cheaper too. Just need to be able to make people mad and split the country apart. I feel most people here are real lol but there does seem to be a lot of none sensical stuff going on. I also echo if I start posting weird stuff please remove me and my useless blabbering
Same here, lol.

Podcasts and articles that dig deep into that stuff is always interesting to me. Cause the rabbit hole of the internet and from when it started to now, I cant even explain how deep it goes.
Cypher, ever try the why files operation podcast? It is well formatted, and explores conspiracy theories, then explains what is true, what is proven false, and what is still unexplained. It is a fun listen to explore what other people believe, but the dude is not preaching things to you. I am pretty certain everyone who is not a blatant robot is real. But yes it is extremely fascinating and maybe a bit worrying. Some of the world’s people are odd. I also heard of an instagram influencer who has millions of followers, makes millions in ad revenue/sponsorships/partnerships, is apparently an unreasonably attractive 20̷ish year old chick (I never looked). Aaaand is an entirely autonomous AI experiment. What a catastrophic joke, I despise this crap. Facebooks strategy to make money is truly to keep you locked on the screen, and has been proven to actually try to deter physical meetups because it would cause lost screen time. Anyway, I will stop, I never want to sound like a kook. But I was pressured into instagram, but deleted it a few years after, I hated it. This is my social media here.

04TeeDeeEye

TDI
2004 Jetta BEW
New member here - I've been a long time browser about all things TDI, but as my BEW just had a turbo die and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before installing the new one and getting a tune, I finally decided to make an account for the inevitable "Hey, what do I do now" post. I hope I don't get thrown out with the scam sites!!!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron

northern diesel

TDI
2006 mk4 TDI Jetta Wagon
I'm a new member, who is trying to avoid overposting... So far, I've gotten awesome feedback and help, just don't want to annoy you all.
Right now I am spiralling down the myriad manual swap vids whilst scouring the kijiji and wtvr for a decent condition manual transmission ALH. Cause I know I won't be done until I got a tuned manual wagon.
I found one, a 2003 ALH for sale in Nanaimo BC, but sounds too good to be true. I know there's been an uptick in online used tdi scammers.. or so I gathered from another warning thread on this forum. I guess the only way to know for sure is to go physically look at the vehicle.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
I'm a new member, who is trying to avoid overposting... So far, I've gotten awesome feedback and help, just don't want to annoy you all.
Oh geez man! Hang out, be real, don't worry about it!

As for the car, yes, you should physically go look at any vehicle before purchasing...

The Cream Dolphin

Veteran Member
TDI
02 VW Golf TDI ALH 245k
Right now I am spiralling down the myriad manual swap vids whilst scouring the kijiji and wtvr for a decent condition manual transmission ALH. Cause I know I won't be done until I got a tuned manual wagon.
I found one, a 2003 ALH for sale in Nanaimo BC, but sounds too good to be true. I know there's been an uptick in online used tdi scammers.. or so I gathered from another warning thread on this forum. I guess the only way to know for sure is to go physically look at the vehicle.
As @J_dude said, you are certainly welcome. New members are not the problem, just the clear bots. As for visiting the car, please do, but Nanaimo is an extremely good place to be buying one of these from. I would get right on this, it is worth it.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Like said above, we have no problems with new members posting away asking questions or getting some help. Its encouraged. Dont be afraid to ask and dont feel like youre overposting if you have questions, concerns or even comments.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
This was most definitely not directed at new users like you - obvious TDI fans (or soon-to-be fans), who ask good questions that clearly indicate they're real people working on real cars.

(As for your ALH quest: I live only an hour from Nanaimo, so cover my "gas" money and I'd be happy to go take a look for you some rainy day (non-rainy days I have cars in my driveway that need attention so that they are no longer in my driveway. :) )

northern diesel

TDI
2006 mk4 TDI Jetta Wagon
Like said above, we have no problems with new members posting away asking questions or getting some help. Its encouraged. Dont be afraid to ask and dont feel like youre overposting if you have questions, concerns or even comments.
That's really good to hear

(As for your ALH quest: I live only an hour from Nanaimo, so cover my "gas" money and I'd be happy to go take a look for you some rainy day (non-rainy days I have cars in my driveway that need attention so that they are no longer in my driveway. :) )

Thank you @Nuje !
Man, that's awesome!
I've been messaging back and forth with the guy, it's a 2003 MT, with minimal body rust and 271k kms.
Sounds like what I've been looking for.
"Blown Turbo" but that could be anything... as I discovered on my "blown turbo"
Plus, even if it is a blown turbo, I have a brand new turbo and intake manifold I could swap over to it.
I know that would make the @burpod tune a little easier too...
I will happily take you up on that, and coordinate with the seller.
Maybe PM me with any weekend or wtvr that you think you might wanna go for a rip.
🙏

Highwaylizard

TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI
I don't post much first off because I'm a novice when it comes to TDI's and I spend most of my time here reading posts and trying to learn as much as I can. When I do post it's because I've encountered a problem I cannot figure out on my own. Sorry - I know that comes across as rather selfish. I just don't want to accidentally get lumped in with a group of fake accounts because I don't post much or because my posts might come across as rudimentary. I will say that this forum has been very helpful to me.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
I don't post much first off because I'm a novice when it comes to TDI's and I spend most of my time here reading posts and trying to learn as much as I can. When I do post it's because I've encountered a problem I cannot figure out on my own. Sorry - I know that comes across as rather selfish. I just don't want to accidentally get lumped in with a group of fake accounts because I don't post much or because my posts might come across as rudimentary. I will say that this forum has been very helpful to me.
You've nothing to be sorry about pal, we all started there and that's exactly what this place is for!

Now if on the other hand you start posting sketchy links to "unsurpassed" dating sites, well, you will likely get banned... 😂😂

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
This made me reminisce about going to breakfast with the newspaper and going through the bargain corner hunting cars to put in my front yard for sale. Being able to jump titles and drive without insurance.
The biggest change is I could actually see peoples faces and hear words coming out of their mouths. The only ones who resembled bots were the ones that got too stoned and stared holes into something.
BTW, if I ever post anything completely serious or non sarcastic, report me immediately