JSW TDI converting to 4Motion

BMKruse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
So I went to the junk yard yesterday to pickup some of the parts for my JSW TDI to 4Motion conversion.

I picked up the rear haldex/diff, the front transfer box, the drive shaft, 3 out of 4 hubs, and the rear sub frame. I am going to need a lot of help so please feel free to jump in.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Was that a Tiggy donor? I think that will jack the rear of your car up quite a bit! You'll also need the 4mo fuel tank, transmission, all kinds of stuff. The A5 R32 would probably be a better source for a lot of stuff you'll need.

BMKruse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
Was that a Tiggy donor? I think that will jack the rear of your car up quite a bit! You'll also need the 4mo fuel tank, transmission, all kinds of stuff. The A5 R32 would probably be a better source for a lot of stuff you'll need.
It was a Tiguan. They use the MK6 platform. Actually almost the same as the R. The suggestion came from a VW tech. I am
Only using the main rear subframe. The rest will be Golf R or Audi arms. I am looking at a totaled transmission to see it the mounting plates are the same. I would prefer a factory drilled plate vs aftermarket machined plate.

As for jacking it up I believe that most of that will be in the suspension. I already have the full golf R suspension which I will just switch over.

I hope I can use the Tiguan fuel tank due to it being a larger size. 2 extra gallons would be awesome.

NArias24

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
2 extra gallons in a tdi that's almost 100 extra miles haha I hope you find a way to make it fit haha

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
This will be an interesting thread to follow. Are all the cars "junk" donors, or just the 4 wheel drive stuff? Curious minds want to know! :D

BMKruse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
Most of the 4 wheel drive parts are from a 2011 Tiguan that got rolled in a drunk driving accident.

I will also be pulling parts from ECS and VW.

I just ordered the Elsawin VW database to start figuring out wiring diagrams. My next big purchase will be the upgraded DSG clutch.

The Haldex should be going to Force Fed at the beginning of next month to be inspected and locking diff installed. They will be sending the case back to me to get cleaned and polished, possibly powder coated as well.

Everything is going on my 2012 JSW TDI.

Keep asking and I'll keep answering. This will be my baby for a while.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I think this will the first time a 4mo conversion done on a MKVI platform. Cool project.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I'm following with a different interest - putting a TDI into a Tiguan. You still have a very interesting project.

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Nice project.

Oh, and that disable switch is my favorite part of ESP, terribly intrusive "nanny" tech best used by less-skilled drivers. Mine goes "off" at the first sign of spirited driving or even foul weather. I'll do the driving thanks.

BMKruse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
Nice project.

Oh, and that disable switch is my favorite part of ESP, terribly intrusive "nanny" tech best used by less-skilled drivers. Mine goes "off" at the first sign of spirited driving or even foul weather. I'll do the driving thanks.
Agree

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
I didn't know Papa Johns had chicken poppers! Check out the box on the table next to the gearbox photo. :D

Subscribed...

BMKruse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
I have went to the Bentley publishing website and can't find anything newer than a 2010 book. I do have Elsawin but it doesn't have everything that I am looking for.