How Many Miles Can a Car Last - article

rwthomas1

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta
There's also "Woolwax", which is lanolin-based like FluidFilm but reportedly is thicker in consistency...
The issue I've had with the lanolin based stuff is it doesn't last where water sprays on it. Inside frame rails, panels, etc. it works great. NH Oil Undercoating lasts a lot longer on exposed surfaces, about a year instead of the 6 months I was getting from Fluid Film. The PB Blaster Surface Shield was very well reviewed in many Youtube vids and I bought some for the crew to use at work. So far its the best I've seen. When I run out of NHOU I'll probably get a pail of that.

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
The issue I've had with the lanolin based stuff is it doesn't last where water sprays on it. Inside frame rails, panels, etc. it works great. NH Oil Undercoating lasts a lot longer on exposed surfaces, about a year instead of the 6 months I was getting from Fluid Film. The PB Blaster Surface Shield was very well reviewed in many Youtube vids and I bought some for the crew to use at work. So far its the best I've seen. When I run out of NHOU I'll probably get a pail of that.
We bought fluid film by the gallon bucket at the township. Used it on the plow trucks, plows, augers and chains of the box salters. Worked pretty decent for storage but didn't last during plow season. Better then nothing though.