EGR deleted, EGR Cooler deleted, Intake Manifold swirl flaps deleted...waiting on a tune Safe to Drive?

azviking33

TDI
2005 Golf BEW
Just like the title says,
EGR deleted, EGR Cooler deleted, Intake Manifold swirl flaps deleted...waiting on a tune...
Safe to Drive?

I have searched the threads on here with several different key words and got nowhere.

I just need to know if this thing will be okay to drive while I wait for the tune from Malone.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
You’ll have codes but it should drive ok. Having had a malone tune in my bew for over 12 years, that would be the last place i would look. There is another better way and my bew is much happier.
Here is my experience.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”

azviking33

TDI
2005 Golf BEW
I’ve heard @burpod is one of the tuning gods here, and I would love to just simply avoid the CEL coming on for these items I’ve deleted. Any help in that area is soooo appreciated.

not building a HP machine or a racecar…. Just an efficient little TDI to go back and forth to work on my 45 mile one way commute to work.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I did the same set of deletes, up to and including the turbo actuator as a VNT17 was replacing it. First log showed consistently higher boost than specified. About .2 bar more than was asked for. @burpod did indeed fix all the stuff driving the CEL. Not at all sure what would have happened with a stock turbo.

Douglas

azviking33

TDI
2005 Golf BEW
You’ll have codes but it should drive ok. Having had a malone tune in my bew for over 12 years, that would be the last place i would look. There is another better way and my bew is much happier.
Here is my experience.
Hey @boertje , I read your synopsis and I'm not sure I fully understand your position. I see you have had a few issues with Malone tunes and understandably you would not necessarily recommend them.

Would you suggest that I reach out to @burpod directly? I plan on doing that if he is still available for this kind of tuning.

Like I stated above, not looking for a HP monster or racecar tune. Just a good reliable commuter.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Hey @boertje , I read your synopsis and I'm not sure I fully understand your position. I see you have had a few issues with Malone tunes and understandably you would not necessarily recommend them.

Would you suggest that I reach out to @burpod directly? I plan on doing that if he is still available for this kind of tuning.

Like I stated above, not looking for a HP monster or racecar tune. Just a good reliable commuter.
I just wanted a car that starts right up, runs smooth, strong and efficient. So far with my BEW that has been the case. Going to take a major road trip so it will be fun to see how economy is. Give @burpod a pm or shoot him an email.