Carolina Beach - Part II

valois

Banned
Dr.Dodge, Drive the Dodge down, buy a TDI along the way, rent a tow bar from UHAUL and tow the dodge back using the TDI.
Now I bet that would elecit some looks
. Imagine a newbeetle towing a truck.

Dr.Dodge

I'm sure it would except the Dodge I own isn't a truck, it's a full size Dodge Mirada circa 1981. And (dare I say it here) it's not Diesel.

Still, it would be an interesting sight to behold.

Thinking of seeling your Valois? lol

Jeff

valois

Banned
Hell Dodge, think like an American, I sell it to you dirt cheap, no title. I give you enough time to get across the border, then I report it stolen. Insurance company buys me a nice new shiny y2k.
Have you seen the Molson Canadian commercial? "I am Canadian"

Dr.Dodge

Sorry Valois, we don't do stuff like that here (nudge, wink!)
lol

Might be fun to try and make a run for the border though. If you don't give me enough time to cross the border, I'll have to try a creative way accross. Will a TDI be able to jump the St Lawrence River?!!?! hehehehehe

Yeah, I've seen the commercial. I think it's a pretty cool rant. Anyone else who hasn't seen it can at http://www.adcritic.com/

Jeff

Bug TDI

two things real quick
a.) does anybody wanna tailor there caravan to passs through cleveland ohio so i can follow along?
b.)is there anywhere to camp? i don't have the cash for a hotel and i enjoy sleeping on the ground

RJ Bluhm
00' TDI NB
GrEeN

valois

Banned
Here is a link to Camping in the area, camping . Check out earlier post by John Rumble, his father has a house on the inlet, and he mentioned that he might be able to accomodate some, camping was also an option, I believe. I have several relatives about 35 miles west on I40, this is close to the dragstrip, they wouldn't mind a houseguest, I have to warn you, my nephews are early 20's and like to party, If you are like minded you would fit right in. That goes for anybody that needs to save some money, don't let it keep you from coming, I will do my best to keep restaraunt costs acceptable, due to our numbers. The track is only $20.00, I am hoping to get the dinner after for around $7.00-$10.00 a head. I have posted my voicemail number. Call and leave a message, I'll help anyway possible. I haven't thought to broach the subject with my family, but I am sure they would open their doors to several. I would be willing to pickup some meals for a few on the Q/T. Call my voicemail.

John Rumble

Veteran Member
Bug TDI you could come over to Pittsburgh and follow me down. I can definately promise you a nice free place to set up a tent. I hope to have a big empty house but it is too early to tell if the renter will be out by the end of August like he is supposed to be. you will need your sleeping bag either way. I have a big 10 man tent a couple of 2 and three man tents so I encourage anyone tight on funds to come on and go . Give me a few hours and I can catch enough crabs, dig clams, gig flounders, shuck oysters, to feed a small army.

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
Okay........I just registered on here even though I have had my A4 Jetta GLS TDI for a year now. But anyway, I live about 2.5 hours from Carolina Beach, and I wanna go to this thing. So, what exactly do I need to do to register or get signed up??

erickimb

Veteran Member
Unless you want to stay in a hotel all you have to do is show up wherever everyone is going to meet on sat. Valois is pretty much heading everything else so send him an e-mail and let him know you're coming, all you might have to pay for is entrance fee to the dragstrip/raceway for sunday.

TDIsmokin

Veteran Member
Dr Dodge,

If you get a TDI and want to Caravan , I am up for it.
We can head down to NYC and pick up some more caravaners there. Tell me more about your plans when they are firmer.
TDIsmokin
Claude

Tazzman

Veteran Member
Ok Dr. Dodge Ill be driving by your place
and then let s go and pick up the rest on the way down
reservation are there SSSMMMMoookkk'''nnnnnnnnnn

Heh Sky pup Im at the Hilton too
better watch out!!!!!!!!!
oh whats that in front of you?

Another one just past you again..
oh that hurts doesnt it??????/

Tazz

JS SMKN

GassinGerhard

Veteran Member
Hey! I thought it was 89 bucks a night. What's up with that? Am I mistaken or did the price go up? I hope this is a swanky joint. I'll admit the pictures do look pretty nice.

[This message has been edited by GassinGerhard (edited May 17, 2000).]

Sacha

Veteran Member
Well, just convinced my wife to attent the GTG. Since she doesn't speak one word english
she did not want to go, but i told her she will have fun even if she cant speak the language. We will leave from Halifax, Nova-scotia. Looked to buy a U.S map today, no luck. So i'll go thru new-brunswick,than Maine U.S, and then i need a map.Hopefully i'll find one later on.

I would like to know if there's a camping site close to the event, me and the wife love to do camping, we dont like to much Hotel's. So anybody around could give me some info please for a camping site, would be very helpful.
Just can't wait to meet all of ya's

2000 Jetta GLS TDI
atl.blue/beige leather, sunroof, cd changer

valois

Banned
Blaupunkit, What language does your wife speak, if it's French, we got you covered. Kim speaks French (Cajun) and I do as well. Look through the third page and you'll find a link I posted for BugTDI for camping in the area. John Rumble is having a slumber party in his backyard.
Glad to have you along!

Sacha

Veteran Member
Thanks Valois, yes my wife only speaks french. I bought a map last night, and the distance is estimated at 2.380km (1.480miles)
It will be a very long drive, but hey, can't miss that opportunity

It's basicly the I95 all the way down from Maine state.Will sleep one night in Trenton N.J, where my oncle live's.

It's gonna be a blast

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
Blaupunkt, j'espere que votre femme voudra venir au Carolina Beach aussi. Je parle francais (mieux que je peux l'ecrire), et elle pourra surement parler avec d'autres TDI enthousiasts aussi.
(For the French-impaired, I just said to Blaupunkt that I hope that his wife would want to come to Carolina Beach too. I speak French (better than I can write it), and she will surely be able to speak with some other TDI ethusiasts as well.)

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
I just tried three times to book a room at the Hilton - they keep putting me through to their 800 reservation line - is this what they are supposed to do? How do I get the negotiated rate?

Jamie

valois

Banned
ittrad, contact the sales office at the Hilton and make your reservation with Tracy Burnett, She was supposed to inform all the desk clerks, but it seems there are a few who do not know what is going on. I am sure you will not be able to reach her until Monday morning. Even if you make reservations through central, we will insure that you recieve the discount at check in, just make them, because the rooms are going fast, and I am worried that not everyone that wishes to stay at the Hilton will be able to. There are people who have made reservations and will be attending that have not signed off on the who's attending thread. You know this site has a lot of lurkers, I would not be suprised if some did not surface at the Fest.

ittrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver
We're booked! They knew of the Freds TDI Club gathering at the central reservation #, but said that they already had the maximum # for the club and the best rate they could give was $105 City and $130 riverside. I figure we won't be in the room much anyway, so the view was not worth the extra $75 Canadian it would work out to be. There are still riverside rooms left, but only double beds.

See you all there!

Jamie