Carolina Beach - Part II

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Date: Labour Day Long Weekend (September 2-3, 2000).
Place: Carolina Beach, NC
Organizer: valois
Items: Get together. Possible Drag Strip time, etc

...continued from this topic.

Fred

PS, yes I will be there. SkyPup says he will be there as well.

[This message has been edited by VW Derf (edited April 25, 2000).]

S

SkyPup

I'll be there, already have the okay from the wife and the dean of the college of medicine to take the time off.

The TDI DRAG RACE of the NEW MILLENIUM will be when I line up and count the lights down against RIC WOODRUFF's chrome eye-browed ride with him at the wheel on the Wilmington Drag Strip!

BRING IT ON RIC-STER (aka DRAGSTER), put it on the line

jim wilson

Veteran Member
TDI
upsolutetampa@aol
I'll be there with my wett auto jetta. Maybe all the florida drivers (erickimb,ric,skypup, and anyone else) could meet at I-95 and I-10 at some cracker barrel type place and caravan the rest of the way. I think somewhere from 9-12 morning would be a good meeting time.

TDI Steve

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
I hope to be there.
It'll be nice to see how competitive my car is.

I like jim's idea of a caravan, maybe we can arrange one for the northeast too.

erickimb

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jim wilson:
I'll be there with my wett auto jetta. Maybe all the florida drivers (erickimb,ric,skypup, and anyone else) could meet at I-95 and I-10 at some cracker barrel type place and caravan the rest of the way. I think somewhere from 9-12 morning would be a good meeting time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a good idea but I won't know if I can get off work until the Middle of June.
Eric

S

SkyPup

Shut 'Em Down

Shut 'Em Down

Buddy Gunna Shut 'Em Down
LOL

Brian Wilson - Beach Boys - Surf City 1966 or so.......

S

SkyPup

Ric, due to the obivous differences in our TDI's (driver, engine mods, eyebrows, etc) I will spot your ride 1.0 second handicap in the 440 yard dash to the winners circle! In fact, lets bet $500.00 U.S. currency on the winner of this race with you enjoying your eyebrows and one second handicap. I bet $500 that either of my TDI's will beat your car in the sprint to the 1320 foot mark with me in the winner's seat and you in the loser's seat!

PUT YER MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS BIG FELLA!

Let's make this the TDI race of the New Millenium. RIC VS SKYPUP on the track!!!

valois

Banned
We are set for the track! I negotiated a price of admission of $8.00, $12.00 for the car. $20.00 total, car and driver. We can set it up for Saturday or Sunday. The track is about 30 miles from Wilmington. There is a nice picnic grounds nearby. Complete with barbecue pits. If the weather is nice I believe your family will enjoy the outing. I'll arrange some catering, mainly side dishes and we'll cook the meat there. I am going to contact some magazines to see if they would like to cover the event.

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
I don't pretend to be a racecar driver.

------------------
Ric Woodruff

Braumeister von Sehr Gutem Bier
Since the Last Millennium

1998 Jetta TDI Sport

S

SkyPup

Awesome!

The Ric-SkyPup race will be the grudge match of the new Millenium at this GTG. Thanks alot valois, this is something I've been waiting for this, it will be GREAT!!!

valois

Banned
BIGJOHNO, I am going back this weekend to pickup the Mercedes. I will arrange a discount at a local hotel. Do you all want to stay at the beach or in wilmington? The Hilton is located downtown on the waterway and is very nice, but cheaper can be had. John Rumble has offered a house on the waterway, I would recommend it for the single young university students that are coming. I bet that place is going to Rumble
I want to stop by just for the party! Don't trash the place though, I believe it belongs to his folks.

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (Black) mine; 2011 Golf (UGM) hers
Hey, who says us university (student) types aren't responsible, upstanding citizens
? We all bought TDIs, so we must have some common sense!!!

John "Ready to Ruuummmmbbbbllleeee"

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
Darn! I need the Garrett chip by September. Gary, does Garrett have any plans for releasing the chip soon? Now, where to find $1000 while paying for summer school, a TDI, and insurance, with no job? I need a GOLD card!!!!

John

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
BTW, for those who don't know, Carolina Beach is in North Carolina, in the southern part. About 300 miles (4 hours) from Norfolk (any TDIs in Hampton Roads area going?)

John

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
What happened to the edit feature?
Anyway, are we all on our own as far as places to stay, or will we be trying to stay at the same place (ie discounts). Just trying to plan ahead!

John

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
Wait a minute. Are there any nice, young, female TDIers that are going to be down there, or is this just going to be a sausage fest (save Fred's Nicole)
?

John

Ann

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW
can you say "sausage fest?"

WAY too far for me plus that's my busiest weekend at my business...darn!

------------------
1999 (A4) Jetta GL TDI
Atlantic Blue/Black

John Rumble

Veteran Member
I'm not ready I have to find the time to wett and change my name to Ric so I can collect Skypups 500$. I hope the real Ric will bring his jet ski; I would like to see how many times he bounces after hitting a Oyster bed

My Dad's house is best suited for the camping types since there is no furniture. Both the guest and main house renters should be out at the end of August but there is no positive word on that yet. My Dad says we can set up tents and stuff no matter what. I think the guest house renter will be gone two seconds after she hears about the party.
She lived through one about a year ago. The main house renter is building a house down the way and is not sure it will be done. My Dad just retired so he wants his house now!, so he wont care if we scare them off.

valois

Banned
I'm goin to bring some Garden Burgers for Thinkdiesel.
, and some dope for TurboGilgamesh! I will not consider the event a success unless the local black and whites are called and we get some free mention in the Wilmington MorningStar.(Local newspaper).
We are goin to have fun!

TDIsmokin

Veteran Member
This is madness. I live near Toronto Canada.
I love to drive. I have relatives in Wilmington, NC. I have a new TDI. I love to drive. Did I say that already????
I have some good CD's. This is madness!! I dont even know all you freaks!!!
What the hell am I doing??? This is madness...
Oh what the hell the sight of a bunch of diesels at the race track is just too much for me. This is madness.... I might even bring Canadian Beer if you are all REAL nice to me.
This is madness!!! I am going to drive 700 miles or so to drink beer and cry about all the Mods I would like to have. This is madness....
COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!
Hey Newbie, let's meet in Buffalo and follow each other down!!!!!
Any other Upstate people or Ontario freaks online want to do a caravan?? Did I say this is MADNESS!! My wife will divorce. My dogs will leave and the TDI will HuMMMMMM.....
This is madness.
SEE ALL YOU NUTBARS THERE!!!!
TDIsmokin
Claude

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Then we agree this is madness!!!
It sure was fun in February in the Freezing cold in Frederick Md when 13 of of us nut's showed up at Truck stop standing around in the cold comparing Car's! I think that if this Carolina Beach go's off as is planned it will be just amazing!
But you need to find out about accomodations because in a resort area the last weekend of Summer your are liable not to find a place to stay if you wait long!