Blend Door Location ?? '96 Passat B4V

diesel300dmanual

TDI
Jetta, 1999, Silver

[FONT=&quot]My problem is the deterioration of the foam in the Blend Door so that heat coming from the heater core is lost through all the leaks. I have the replacement felt in hand, but can't locate the blend door.

I have the center of the car ripped apart (AC controls, Stereo, Center Console, Heating vents). My assumption is that the Blend Door is behind the plastic thing that channels heat and AC to the vents. You can see it in this image...[/FONT]

also, once I find it, how do I apply the sticky side felt?

Thanks

Don

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
you have to remove the entire HVAC unit from the car, and split the portion of it that contains the heater core (held on by clips). Right where the two portions of the HVAC split, you will see the blend doors.

I've heard you shouldn't split the case horizontally, only the one vertical connection. Apparently the plastic warps and becomes very difficult to reassemble if you split it apart horizontally.

diesel300dmanual

TDI
Jetta, 1999, Silver
Ninedee...

Can you give me an idea of where the Blend Door(s) are? I assume that the location lays between where the two heater hoses come in from the engine compartment and in back of the HVAC????

I stuck a mirror back in there but am not quite sure what I'm looking for

thanks

dp