2015 CR 150 tune available

lil'oilburner

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S DSG
I want to know what exactly is being done via this tune and what benefits other than the increase in power / torque it offers.
I second this request. The power although nice is not as important as better overall driveability. The emissions related fuel metering that was pointed out earlier for balky throttle response, does that only come into play with WOT?

How does marginal cetane ratings effect said power gains? US diesel can range from barely 40 to above 50? Can those with lower cetane numbers expect lesser gains? Also, will this tune account for cetane boostered fuel to maximize gains? Can knocking be expected with low cetane?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
AARodriguez Corp., can we upload the tune with previous version of Flashzilla?? or only the Version 3 can be used?
Only Flashzilla 3 can be used for OBD tuning the CR TDIs unfortunately. Our rental tools can also tune them and soon we'll have a AARTuners available for customers that don't have a laptop or they only own a Mac. These can tune the DSG and ECU.

Regarding emissions output, providing your stock emissions equipment hasn't been tampered with, our tunes will pass testing in all 50 states.

The_kernel114

TDI
02 jetta
The ones that do have a habit of getting shut down by the Feds. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Malone offers it for the 09 to 2014 cr tdi's. Why not the new 2015.

Being in Canada and the fact that we don't have emissions testing is why I ask. If the dpf/egr can be deleted I will do it, will keep it around if the car ever needs to go in for warranty work. Will also be buying a flashzilla v3 so i can load the stock tune back into the car if it goes to a dealership as they have habit of reflashing the Ecu every service.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Will also be buying a flashzilla v3 so i can load the stock tune back into the car if it goes to a dealership as they have habit of reflashing the Ecu every service.

Updated Warning for Flashzilla v3:

Make sure you install your stock tune before visiting a VW dealer.
-If they install a tune update while your tune in loaded in the ECU, your Flashzilla will be unusable and it will need to be mailed out for repair.
-If the VW dealer installs a tune update while your car is "stock", you will need to email a new stock file to us and we will email you a new tune.

Last edited:

The_kernel114

TDI
02 jetta

Updated Warning for Flashzilla v3:

Make sure you install your stock tune before visiting a VW dealer.
-If they install a tune update while your tune in loaded in the ECU, your Flashzilla will be unusable and it will need to be mailed out for repair.
-If the VW dealer installs a tune update while your car is "stock", you will need to email a new stock file to us and we will email you a new tune.
Only reason the car would be going into vw is for warranty work which hopefully won't be happening. If it does get reflashed by vw will I have pay a fee for the new tune? I don't care really, just curious.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Only reason the car would be going into vw is for warranty work which hopefully won't be happening. If it does get reflashed by vw will I have pay a fee for the new tune? I don't care really, just curious.
I'm sure it "could" vary in the future, but a lot of people are getting tune updates now due to a recall update by VW, Malone is charging $30 for those updates.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
So I am gathering that the flashzilla allows you to switch back and forth between the stock and the malone tune. Are you able to download the stock tune from your flashzilla to your computer for emailing to malone if/when vw flashes you with an update?

Is the stage one considered a beta program too, such that a vcds and data logging is required? Assuming stage 1 isnt beta, what is the cost to go from stage 1 to stage 2 if one were to want to do that after stage 2 no longer requires a vcds and data logging?

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf TDI SE manual
To Andrew and Buzzken,

Has the tune been released to all the Malone certified dealers? If not when will it be?

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
So I am gathering that the flashzilla allows you to switch back and forth between the stock and the malone tune. Are you able to download the stock tune from your flashzilla to your computer for emailing to malone if/when vw flashes you with an update?

Before your car goes back to the dealer for anything, you must flash it back to stock. If the dealer updates your software, you will need to read it again and email in for a tune update. If you don't flash back to stock before the dealer does a software update, the flashzilla becomes a paperweight.

BuzzKen

TDI
None of our tunes are beta testing, they are tested and refined. DSG tunes available as well now.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
None of our tunes are beta testing, they are tested and refined. DSG tunes available as well now.
Hmmm - thats not what your website says:

FAQs

Q.
Why is VCDS required for Stage 2?
A.
Our 2015 tunes are still in development. If you buy a tune right now you will be considered a beta tester and VCDS logging will probably be required.

Q.
I have a ______ tool and it's better than VCDS, can we use that instead?
A.
No, we will only accept logs from VCDS.

Q.
I have a 2015 Golf/Jetta/Passat TDI and I own a VCDS cable, can you tune my car through the OBD?
A.
Please send us a screenshot from the engine controller so we can see if we have a backup file available for your ECU in case of the unlikely event that your ECU crashes, we will be able to restore it with a file that we already have on hand.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Has anyone pulled the trigger on the tune yet? I want to get it but I don't want to be a "beta tester" or a guinea pig.. I also don't want to get it unless I'm able to tune out the dpf.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I also don't want to get it unless I'm able to tune out the dpf.
I do not believe that a DPF delete is possible for 2015+ models - yet . I am pretty sure that the hardware (downpipe) required is not yet available for sale. The software will not be available before the hardware is. You cannot just "tune out" the DPF, it must be physically removed (and then "tuned-out" in the ECU). After removing it, it has to be replaced by something.

Have Fun!

Don

steve1479

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Good luck too with a downpipe.

Deleting that UREA system is going to cost you some serious $$$

IMO, if you really want it, get it now and get yourself a decent DPF-back system.

I don't think Rawtek will have something out for a while that eliminates the DPF & UREA injection chamber.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
I've been in contact with German Diesel Motorwerks(diesel dubs) and they said they could make a custom exhaust, they would just need the car for a few days.

The_kernel114

TDI
02 jetta
The urea is injected into the top of the dpf filter so you remove the dpf filter and the urea goes with it. I can make a downpipe myself. I have built 4 turbo backs for 2013's and 2014's already and the down pipe that i build for the cr140 will physically fit the 2015. Just need to know if the urea injector will be tuned out as well.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm getting mine done mid August at GDM. Tune stage 2 with dpf/egr delete.

BuzzKen

TDI
A little unofficial facts update, a stage 2 '15 outruns a stage 2 previous gen CR. These motors are gonna make some nice power and mileage once 'freed up'.