2002 Golf - I'm back in a TDI!

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
@Zak99b5 might want to think about different ones. The first time I pulled these off to put on my new tires, the tabs on three of them were broken.

Yes! I hate those big Avus caps. Tabs break, logo gets dented when trying to pop them on, and they are not cheap to replace.

Ones that cover just the center hole are what I’m looking for. I think 60mm outer size would be good, and the skinny part of the clips is like 57mm. The ones I ordered from Europe got cancelled & refunded. So looking for more.

spifflifkin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
The felt and thin board was getting kind of weak. So today I cut out a piece of plywood to fit in there underneath of it. Now when I'm carrying my toolboxes I'm not worried about it destroying that sparetire cover.

spifflifkin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Weren't hardwood floors inside trunks & hatches a thing in like the early 2000s? But this is functional (y)
I think you're right! I did find a bunch of posts of people put nice looking floors. I put the felt cover and my WeatherTech on top of it so you can't see it. Loaded about 30 lb of tools back there this morning and it was nice and solid :)