Search results

1. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

FS: Metalnerd timing belt pulley tool, metalnerd long 5mm oil pan bolt allen, metalnerd MKIV strut spreader and 16mm SPC rear axle camber shim wrench

I have the following for sale that I dont need. Metalnerd sprocket buster timing belt pulley holder tool thingie. $40 plus shipping Metalnerd 5mm long reach allen socket for oil pan bolts between trans and pan. $10 plus shipping SPC 16mm offset box wrench for installing rear camber...
  2. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Bon voyage! Son joined to replace me.

I'm going to go silent unless I pickup another TDi. My son has my JSW CJAA car and loves it. He has joined to replace me. Once I sell the TDi related bits I have left, I am ghost unless he has a thread. Really miss my 00 ALH beetle. For now I have a clunky ancient pushrod iron block V8 and solid...
  3. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

FS: Garrett GT3076R w/.72 A/R Stainless exhaust housing. (likely for someone with a gasser)

Figured I would throw this up. I have moved on from smaller 4 cylinder motors. I have a very nice GT3076R with no play, or issues that has been bagged and kept in storage. It is a real Garrett turbo not a knock off. There is a Pag Parts turbo .72 AR housing that comes with it in case you have a...
  4. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Anyone curious to see how well a new beetle holds up to 50mph head on into a concrete barrier? Totalled my car, not at fault.

Will post carnage pics. Now have a flattened spinal cord at c5c6. The drivers seat would not adjust I damaged something from pushing back so hard. Front end is like 1ft - 1.5ft sideways. Edit for pics. Looks like more of a 1ft under the plastic. That was 50 mph into the concrete center, then...
  5. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

FS: $120 Complete ALH to BRM high flow oil pump conversion no pulley swap needed. Free Glyco std thrust bearings and oil filter housing gasket.

Hi. My car was wrecked. Pierburg BRM oil pump that is brand new a BRM oil pump chain, and a BRM oil pump chain tensioner and free Glyco STD size thrust bearings. $120 plus shipping for all of it. Want it gone.
  6. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Delete plz

Delete plz mobile seems to not have?
  7. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

What’s the deal with constant failure of the oil cooler gaskets?

I just replaced both upper and lower on my MKVI CJAA car and it’s literally leaking again pissing down the coolant hoses making them soft. it stayed leak free a week. too much torque crushing rubber seal? this car had a long block done by VW and it appears to be leaking from between the...
  8. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

New driving assistant free in dumpster

Someone threw away a perfectly good Pekingese in a dumpster. I decided to make him my new driving buddy.
  9. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

ALH hydrolock carnage pictures.

I picked up a core block from a tdiclub member to rebuild and for the head at least. Its one of the worst hydrolocks I have ever seen with four bent rods. One almost fractured in half. Here's some photos because everyone likes this sort of stuff. No broken rings. The bores seemed ok at a...
  10. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Delete.

I need an ALH crankshaft reluctor wheel. Does anyone have a good one? I am in Illinois.
  11. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

WTB: ALH injection pump side wiring harness and timing solenoid etc.

Someone has to have a junk pump with a good harness around. Or can open a junk pump and remove the solder and harness for a TDI bro. I have a good injection pump with cut wiring all the way back almost to the solenoid and etc. Located in and around Illinois.
  12. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Source for gold plated injection pump harness pins?

I can find all the tyco "timer" and other pins. I have not been able to find the gold plated version the fuel pump connector uses. Does anyone know of a source for these?
  13. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Delete

Does anyone do this still? I need to do some logging AND tear apart the QA on my Bosch reman pump. I don't have vag-com and don't feel like screwing Uwe by using a hacked copy until I can afford a professional unit. I could leave a cash deposit covering it etc. My quantity adjuster has to...
  14. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

P1561 N149 Control deviation with light misfires.

I have a reman Bosch 11mm pump. It throws this code intermittently and then static. No limits reached codes but I am sort of stumped on this one. Seems to do it more when warm or hot out. Timing is spot on physically and vag-com between blue and green lines more toward the green. IQ is...
  15. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Porting the stock VNT-15 compressor housing and ASV. Why not? (Pics coming)

I am not exactly sure WHY I am doing this. It is probably because I have not had anything worthy of porting and have not had my fix of modifying anything cool for years. Yet here I am doing it. We will start with the compressor housing, inlet and outlet. After that the factory ASV is getting...
  16. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

The hidden vacuum and boost leak. Compressor housing seal.

Anyone else catch this one accidentally? On my gasoline powered Wuhan whistler cars I usually use sealant on the compressor housing after marking it and clocking proper. My late turbo explosion caused the remedy to this accidentally with the new turbo install. I'm going to seal the compressor...
  17. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

IQ settings for DLC764 11MM pump and Malone stage 3 stock turbo

I've done a bunch of searching and can't seem to find a consensus. Now that I have a new stock turbo and it's running again I don't want to blow anything up. Both nozzles and pump were done because the old nozzles were done at 220k and the pump was toast QA issues and leaking front seal etc. I...
  18. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

What is the worst stereotypical cheap ALH TDI guy damage and bodge you've seen?

I'll start this fun thread with my first TDI. I picked up a junkyard ready special because I am/was that poor. ALH beetle: A Rubber foot for a cane over the broken dipstick tube remnants and metal dipstick sleeve. The broken dipstick in the trunk was there to check the oil. Vacuum leak much...
  19. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Oven cleaner for vanes with turbo off car -- but without separating turbine housing? Possible?

Subject says it. Can I flood the turbine with oven cleaner or do it through the EGR port to clean vane gunk out before mounting? Blow it out with compressed air or rinse out then blow out? I ask as I picked up a used rusty turbo that seems decent enough to clean up and run for a while. I...
  20. Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

VNT-15 Catastrophic turbo failure.

Pics incoming. The aluminum portion of the CHRA separated from the CHRA and the compressor wheel is gone. You can literally take the plastic intake tube that goes to the compressor inlet and shake it, moving the entire compressor cover. Clunk clunk. Next question is did it take the motor...